Council or Contractors to Blame for Damage to my Home

Greentea
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3078 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Need help with my council contractors they damage to my home. Council employees called to my home and took pictures of damage now council says person left their employ and no record of photos. Also contractors denied any damage was done. Council said they want correspondence where contractors confirm that damage was done to my home..:-o:roll:

Limited information

So difficult to say

How have you been dealing with this? On the telephone?

He said they said no record of anything

Deal in writing! Keeping a paper trail

Formal complaint to council about their agents won't hurt

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

Suggest that you take this up with your local councillor, as it is a bit silly. It just needs someone with a bit of commonsense to take ownership of the issue to agree a resolution with you. It is not your problem if the council employee or contractor no longer works for the council. Rather than worry about missing photos, they just need to get off their backsides and see what needs to ge done.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I have been dealing in writing via email since 2010 now they said contractor no longer trading and due to time length they cannot help alleged claim. Council delayed me from making claim from my household insurance which was taken out through them. I got so many emails and letter from contractors denying saying away on holidays more delays for me to go out of time for insurance which council knows I have with them..

Been dealing with my local cllr and she had given up as well their contractors had done nothing but harassment of local people and especially disabled people in London

Council had website and so many people complained about their contractors took some screen shots of them seem before they took it down after 100's of complains about how they were treating local people. They do not like complains about their contractors seem like they want to destroy local people to get their homes from them.

Not sure how to insert some of the complains

Thank you but do I take council or directors of contractor, it is not that much money, but its the principle of it they cannot keep doing this to their residents. Their contractors are just awful and the council know this but do not care. They harass so many people, mainly elderly all was on their website that they have took down but I took some screen shots of posts of some of complaints and there were 100 of them of harassment of people, locked one woman out of her when she retuned from hospital she had to sit on stairs until they came and let her in awful.

I will look into small claims this week..very nasty council...:x many thanks for help...

It appears that the council are the ones that arranged the work to be done, so it's the Council. It matters not if they used someone else or if that someone else is no longer in business, your contract is with the ones that arranged the work.

2 of their officer called to my home and took photos of damage officers and photos have apparently disappeared and contractors are not trading any more surely that is not my fault also they said I got to produced correspondence where they contractor said it was there fault.

They are just awful people put residents in danger does not bother them. They are suppose to be working for us instead do us damage.

2010 you are clutching at straws, especially if these contractors have gone out of business

Your own buildings insurance should have been informed as soon as the damage happened so they could send out a loss adjuster as well as the local authority

If you have documents, emails etc then county court is an option but you will need to prove your case on the balance of probability

I would find a solicitor to give some advice pro-bono on the evidence that you have before you continue with a claim. It may prove an expensive white elephant especially after all this time

I waited for council to assess and they took their time I was advised by Insurance that I should have claim within 3 months of damage but it took council over 3 months they kept stalling saying that people were on holiday. I kept pursuing the council it is less than £200 but it the principle of it and I will pursue it all the way now as they are crooks.

|I got emails between council asking them to call and see damage but the contractors are saying no damage done but that is not true. I will would like to highlight how bad they are to residents they are charging me for TV aerial and disconnected me from roof of building no TV since switch over but still have to pay them for aerial. Awful council.

even charge blind people for TV aerial while they gag employee with 5.5 million. so much waste that we pay for...

Could you please clarify if this issue is to do with Council Housing or Private Housing from 2010?

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Is there a time limit for small claim to be made ie week or month prior to when the damage was done to my home please..Also they know their contractors done damage to lots of people home in area, but told me they did not spend any more time investigating it. Their contractors harassment residents shocking...got evidence of it.

Three years for personal injury

6 years for any other civil clam

If you are in council housing then why are the local authority not fixing any damage done?

They will claim off the contractors own public liability insurance

You cannot claim damages against the property structure as the property does not belong to you