Benefits question

the tinkerman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3110 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Just a quick question at the moment I have had to reduce my working hours to 20 h a week due to my disability, my wife works 6 hours per week, now when I spoke to dwp they said that because I now received PIP that I could reduce my hours to 16 h per week and still get family tax credit but I said 20 h would be okay, My question being is if I had to finish work could my wife work 16 h because I get PIP to still get Family tax credit or does that only apply to myself, hence would she have to 24 h per week for us to still get FTC.

Any clarification please.

Hi

Anyone any thought on the above please, if the worse come to the worse and I had to finish work on ill health grounds, could my wife work 16 h because I now get PIP to still get Family tax credit for the children or does the 16 h working rule only apply to myself, hence would my wife have to work 24 h per week for us to still get FTC.

Tinks

As you receive PIP you can claim working tax credits if either of you work 16hrs.

The disability element of working tax credits will only be paid if you work.

Child tax credits is paid regardless of whether you work, it is simply based on how many children and the household income

However due to the planned tax credit cuts, your partner may wish to work more if she is capable.

There is also an additional element of tax credits if your combined hours are over 30.

• Confused 1