lowell/carter claimform - welcome finance 'debt'

kh41
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2963 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI Guys Need Some Help

My partner took out a loan with welcome in 2007 which up until end of march all payments were met

due to circumstances with money ect she could not afford the repayments

rang them offering to pay £30 at the end of april which she did, she has cancelled her standing order with the bank

and told them she would pay something at the end of each month,

it seems thats not good enough as for the last 4 weeks they have been bombarding her with phone calls,

to mobile, home and even her place of work

the last straw was a home visit earlier today of an agent from local office the next payment is not even due yet.

Any ideas on what the way forward is

many thanks KH41

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/52-harassment/135--harassment-by-telephone-response-letter-

you need to send to compliance in nottingham

give a bell if you need details

put in the letter also that all correspondents by mail

no personel visits

you are revoking there rights to this

depends on what you can afford,

i would send them a payment proposal with your own i and e and include the payment with this

template if you need them:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

DATE HERE

Company Name

Road

Town

City / County

Postcode

Re: Harassment by telephone

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXX

Dear Sirs

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (Delete if necessary)

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to, FOS, OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded.

Also please be advised that I will only communicate with you in writing. I have noted your repeated attempts to contact me by telephone over the past few weeks/months and these have been duly logged by time and date.

Furthermore, should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make such an appointment with you.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v Sheppard & Short Ltd [1959] 2 QB 384

. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and, if you do so, you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

send recorded

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

My partner is with welcome finance paying them £1 per month out of his jobseekeers. When ever they ring or send a letter they charge £10 to his account!! so be wary of this!

Then he should charge them exactly the same everytime he calls or writes to them!

Have had 4 calls already this morning from the local office, do i send he harrassment letter to local branch making the calls or to somewhere else and if so does anyone have an address

thanks for all your help

Kh41

Have had 4 calls already this morning from the local office, do i send he harrassment letter to local branch making the calls or to somewhere else and if so does anyone have an address

thanks for all your help

Kh41

Send it to the head office:

Yes Loans Ltd,

Tintern House, William Brown Close,

Llantarnam, Cwmbran, NP44 3AB

Thats the address that appears on thier website.

I note that they are now called Yes loans

ROLLOCKS

PLEASE SUPPLY A LINK TO BACK THAT UP

Welcome Are Owned By Cattles

Compliance Is In Nottingham

Cattles Have There Own Dca

And A Company Called Shop A Check

Welcome And Yes Loans

All They Have In Common Are Con Artists

Get Real

ill look into it

its prob a broker

yes loans prob

this is very naughty by yes loans

they are putting welcome to yes loans on google knowing they are nothing to do with welcome

YES LOANS ARE A BROKER WHO CHARGE FIFTY QUID UP FRONT TO ARRANGE NON EXSISTANT LOANS

THEY ARE [problem]MERS

THEY ARE SET UP TO CONFUSE AND CON AND THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT THEY HAVE DONE, GOING TO THE TOP OF A SERCH ENGINE

THEY WERE OWNED BY A DISQUALIFIED DIRECTOR

WELCOME IS OWNED BY CATTLES NOT YES LOANS

THERE IS NO LINK BETWEEN THEM

Actually there is a link between them I found this on the money saving forum.

...Welcome Finance is YES Loans ONLY lender, so DON'T APPLY to YES Loans as they will take your money and keep you waiting for their 'paperwork' for weeks before they tell you they can't do the loan for you.... THEY ARE COWBOYS!

actually there is a link between them i found this on the money saving forum.

...welcome finance is yes loans only lender, so don't apply to yes loans as they will take your money and keep you waiting for their 'paperwork' for weeks before they tell you they can't do the loan for you.... They are cowboys!

could not agree more

HI All, firstly thank you everyone for all your help much appreciated

Ok an update

I googled for welcome earlier and got nottingham number for compliance and decided to give them a call, they seemed very interested to hear about one of there branch managers strong arm tactics and i advised them i was sending them the harrassment letter and an i&e letter with an offer of payment from my OH.

Just for good measure i got my OH to phone welcome branch manager up who is chasing her , who at first tried to negotiate with her but when informed she had sentoff letters and spoken to notingham his whole atitude changed , accepting her offer of payment, promising to take her phone details off file and do everything in writing in future.

personally think its a crock of **** but will see

KH41

Kh41

I Will Believe It When You Say So

Unless They Put It In Writing

Same Old Retirict Ime Afraid

Every Time You Talk In Future To Welcome, Record, Record,record

But Confirm Everything In Writing

Double Check

Welcomes Compliance No Is

0115 984 9200

yes thats the number i rang and got through o welcome finance compliance dept

Good evening

been a long while since ive been on , and im hoping someone here can help me,

I received a claim form yesterday from the court in regard to welcome finance loan,

sold to Lowell sometime in 2007/8 from the statement of accounts

ive had from Lowell it says client agreement dated 04/08/2007

so im assuming this is when I took the loan out

if so I would of defaulted on the account august September 2008.

I have not paid anything since and im sure I have sent of cca requests before and have had nothing back so account should be in dispute but im not sure .

so basically I have posted the letter here and hope someone can give me so advice on what I should do . I have gone online and refuted the claim

I received this today from Bryan carter

looking forward to your replies and good advice.

Name of the Claimant ? Lowell

Date of issue –13-10-2015

What is the claim for

1.the claimant claims the sum of 1959.21 being monies due from the defendant

to the claimant under an agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974

between the claimant and welcome finance under reference number XXXXX

and assigned to the claimant 30-08-12 notice of which has been given to the defendant

2.the defendant failed to maintain contractual repayment under the terms of the agreement

and a default notice has been served which has not been complied with.

3.and the claimant claims 1959.21

the claimant also claims statutory interest pursuant to s69 of the county courts act 1984

at a rate of 8% per annum

from the date of assignment of the agreement to date

but limited to a maximum of one year and a maximum of 100

amounting to 156.73

What is the value of the claim - 1959.21

Is the claim for a current account (Overdraft) or credit/loan account or mobile phone account? ( a Loan )

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? ( 04 08 2007 )

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor

or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim ( debt Purchaser )

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? ( NO )

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? ( No )

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? ( No )

Why did you cease payments? ( Harassement from Main office and refusal to accept my offer at the time )

What was the date of your last payment? ( not certain but think around may/june 2009 maybe before )

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? ( yes company went bust, failure to provide documents )

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor

and make any attempt to enter into a debt managementlink3.gif plan? ( yes )

KH41

• 6 years later...

thanks guys for your replys

question 1 . I stated I was disputing the debt

question 2 have no contact with any of the three companies since 2009 if not before

I can only get on noddle at present and it is not showing at all on there , I am still waiting for Experien to get back to me .

I think the last correspondence would of been july /sept 2008 this when I got into difficulties and stopped paying so default would of gone on late 2008/ early 2009