Aldi customers told to register their vehicles in-store or face a 'fine'.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3084 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A NEW parking system has been introduced forcing supermarket shoppers to register their car in-storeicon1.png to avoid a fine.

Aldi in Leek is the first of the discount chain's Staffordshire stores to have the ParkingEye system installed.

Shoppers have to input their registration number into a computer terminal inside the store in Haywood Street to get two-hours free parking. Failure to register results in a £70 fine.

Aldi said it had introduced the system after receiving complaints that customersicon1.png were struggling to get a space in the store's car park.

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Aldi-customers-told-register-vehicles-store-face/story-27985958-detail/story.html

I don't see how this really helps with the congested car park as anybody is still allowed to park there without using Aldi...

If I lived in Leek I would see that as a challenge. After all, park your car there, sign in as you go past and then go to the other shops-easy rebuttal to all those moaners but hasnt solved the problem for Aldi or the other shoppers.

PE make money and Aldi lose it, great idea whoever thought that one up.

They have parking eye at aldi in sale, cheshire. i parked there and recd a ticket, challenged it on the grounds they are not the landowner and do not have the landowners express permission and they cancelled the ticket

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

They have parking eye at aldi in sale, cheshire. i parked there and recd a ticket, challenged it on the grounds they are not the landowner and do not have the landowners express permission and they cancelled the ticket

They didn't cancel it on the first appeal though did they? Unless you included a receipt.

This lack of car-parking space in many Aldi stores is down there policy of building shops on small penny-packets of land that other supermarkets won't touch. This leads to not only small car-parks, but lack of storage space. Hence all the complaints about the aisles full of pallets of stuff, especially at Christmas.

Funnily enough, today my place of work received a flyer advertising a new Aldi that may be built up the road. 90 spaces apparently.

It asked for any views and thoughts of the local population....

If it happens, I forsee a double dip a day from the car I use for work!

So aldi are allowed to fine people through parking eye....

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

So aldi are allowed to fine people through parking eye....

Dx

I think that is just the lazy journalism...

Hi armadillo,

appealed it online thru parking eye website and response email was confirmation there was nothing to pay as PCN had been cancelled, job done

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Hi armadillo,

appealed it online thru parking eye website and response email was confirmation there was nothing to pay as PCN had been cancelled, job done

I'd like to see your appeal then, because that is very unusual...

Unusual maybe, but it did the job and appeal was made using PE online system so no copy available. i did have the email saved for a while in case it came back again but ive heard nothing since so its been deleted

I wonder how many of these stores are at least technically breaching their planning permission in doing this?

You know what IS patriotic?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, schools, council services, businesses and roads

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children