Utility Warehouse - demanding £200 and I'm not even a customer

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3114 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I moved into a new apartment just a month ago. Within a week, I got my first letter from Utility Warehouse:

September 10th - I received a letter from UW demanding my bank details for direct debit, otherwise asking for a deposit.

September 17th - Demanded a deposit of £100 per utility (gas/electricity), with a threat to install pre-payment meters.

September 28th - Another introduction as my supplier and demand for £100 per utility.

October 12th - Demanded payment for £200, threatening a court warrant to enter premises by force and install pre-payment meters with a further charge of £720 for being a dual-fuel customer.

Fortunately, I have changed over to another supplier (SSE), though that was blocked because the gas meter didn't have a serial number. I couldn't get the serial number of the meter until I had a bill.

So after all those letters grief and aggro, I finally get a bill for £12 from UW.

The meter point reference number is available online and is unique to your property regardless of the supplier and the actual meter number. you were misled by the person who told you taht you needed the meter serial number, that is just helpful rather than necessary