kilvi00

Demand for a debt I am already paying

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1438 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, I got behind with a debt to a credit union a few years ago and was subsequently taken to court,

I was ordered to pay £50 per month which I have been doing regularly ever since via direct debit.

I have just come home today to a letter from a solicitors acting on behalf of the credit union demanding payment in full within fourteen days,

it is quite a large debt, about £9000 but I have never been contacted by them since asking me to up the payments or anything so I just kept paying.

I tried phoning them straight away but they were shut, just looking for some advice before I speak to them tomorrow.

many thanks

They can sod off

Your payments are directed and set by the court at £50.00 a month

They cannot change that

Have you ever checked with the named claimant they are getting your DD through?

Dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Have you ever checked with the named claimant they are getting your DD through?

Dx

yes, I get a statement of account a couple of times a year and I have also checked my credit file which shows payments are being made.

Who are the sols?

Who are their clients?

Sounds like ignore time??

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Who are the sols?

Who are their clients?

Sounds like ignore time??

The client is Leeds city credit union and the solicitors are Wilkin Chapman LLP, the letter states that when calling to ask for the credit union team so I presume they are the LCCU's solicitors.

sounds like they wnt to bluff you and force you to pay more than the court ordered.

You can either ignore or tell them that you are paying the court ordered amount and they can go whistle.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

thanks for the advice, I will phone them in the morning and see what they say, I will post again tomorrow once I have more info from them.

Fleecers!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Dont phone them. Keep everything in writing. You need a paper trail.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Read our customer services guide