Parking fine but signage was wrong

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6375 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, earlier in the year I got a ticket for parking in stafford close to the train station. The ticket machine said maximum stay 6 hours (just under the slot for the money), so I paid the maximum fee and caught the train into Birmingham. I got back within 6 hours but found a ticket saying I had overstayed the 4 hour limit. Looking around, there indeed was a sign at the entrance that said four hours, but the ticket machine itself said 6 hours. checking the ticket also said 4 hours, but I paid no heed to this as I assumed it was six. I wrote to the council and got back a letter which implied I was an idiot for not noticing and they had no intention of paying me back.

any ideas as to what regs they are breaking by having inappropriate signage? I still have the photo of the offending machine and was to pursue it further....

thanks for any responses in advance.

Hi, earlier in the year I got a ticket for parking in stafford close to the train station. The ticket machine said maximum stay 6 hours (just under the slot for the money), so I paid the maximum fee and caught the train into Birmingham. I got back within 6 hours but found a ticket saying I had overstayed the 4 hour limit. Looking around, there indeed was a sign at the entrance that said four hours, but the ticket machine itself said 6 hours. checking the ticket also said 4 hours, but I paid no heed to this as I assumed it was six. I wrote to the council and got back a letter which implied I was an idiot for not noticing and they had no intention of paying me back.

any ideas as to what regs they are breaking by having inappropriate signage? I still have the photo of the offending machine and was to pursue it further....

thanks for any responses in advance.

Have a look in this link it may help.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=5232&highlight=Parking+ticket

Thanks Livelylad, i checked out the gov website and have got on to NPAS and will be challenging the decision. I am writing to the council one more time to ask for my money back and stating that failure to comply will result in a formal challenge, plus a freedom of information act request which will cost them alot more to comply with than refunding my £20. not that the request will be vexatious as the public have a right to know that the councils signage is resulting in inappropriate charges for unsuspecting motorists. will update when i have a response.

Thanks Livelylad, i checked out the gov website and have got on to NPAS and will be challenging the decision. I am writing to the council one more time to ask for my money back and stating that failure to comply will result in a formal challenge, plus a freedom of information act request which will cost them alot more to comply with than refunding my £20. not that the request will be vexatious as the public have a right to know that the councils signage is resulting in inappropriate charges for unsuspecting motorists. will update when i have a response.

Best of luck.:grin: