EU, in or out..

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3046 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please explain why a factual reference about Hitler is offensive

All I stated was that he was an excellent speaker

AS for being crass calling farage xenophobic , well I am not sure how else to view it when he says the EU was set up to 'contain Germany' and his references to immigrants. My belief , based of past and current speeches by Farage is that he is a racist bigot (or at least professes to be one to appeal to some parts of the electorate). He is also a fraud as he tries to play the part of the 'ordinary working man' who in fact came from Public School and worked in the city, one of thatchers children.

What does going to a public school have to do with anything I was lucky enough to have a public school education, and I am and always have been a " an ordinary working man"!

I 've read some of your hard left daft theories no doubt it seems your incredibly wealthy labour leader comrade corbyn is always playing the part " of an ordinary working man". There is on good point though corbyn has made labour totally unelectable for the foreseeable future.

You are very fond of accusing people of being racist/ homophobic if they dare disagree with your weird theories.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now now, have a debate without it being personal.

Farage is a politician, so he has to take these comments as fair game. UKIP does attract support from some they would prefer not to. As was proved with the documentary before the election, which revealed that UKIP has openly racist activists working for them. Occasionally UKIP does remove these people, when they become media stories.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

BarnOwl

Once again you spectacularly fail to actually answer the questions I posed and majority of comments I made.

As for your assertion about Labour being unelectable, well we will have to wait until 2020 to find that out and I for one do not claim to have a crystal ball however I would take little notice of the opinion polls that appear for several reasons.

As is well known and to quote a phrase 'If you torture the data long enough, it will confess to anything '

As many people do not vote, can we reconcile the people polled with actually voting patterns

Sadly we do not live in a real democracy as can be seen by the statistics from every election, certainly in my life time all governments, including the huge labour and conservative majorities we have seen have achieved that on roughly 33% of the electorate and much less than 50% of the actual vote cast.

Unlike many of the establishment I am more than happy to have a form of PR that will give the likes of UKIP representation in parliament, as i said before, trhe system used for the Scotish elections seems suitable , ironically, considering it would give UKIP more seats , often referred to as the German System

It seems you have little understanding of my 'daft' theories , nice to see an open mind. My political views do not sit comfortably with a powerful ruling class that we have now -of whatever party

If people are racist comments , or homophobic or sexist comments then I will pass comment although some people get rather sensitive and believe that if I say the people they support are racist that makes them racist. It does not , it just means that , maybe , they have not investigated that person enough

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Now now, have a debate without it being personal.

Farage is a politician, so he has to take these comments as fair game. UKIP does attract support from some they would prefer not to. As was proved with the documentary before the election, which revealed that UKIP has openly racist activists working for them. Occasionally UKIP does remove these people, when they become media stories.

While I agree it is good that UKIP expel people when the nedia exposes them I am convinced that there are many more in place

I think if you dig deep enough you will find racist/bigots in all the parties. Just that some of them keep their own counsel !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I think if you dig deep enough you will find racist/bigots in all the parties. Just that some of them keep their own counsel !

That is true. UKIP have actually done the country a service, as the racists who might have been attracted to BNP, may have backed UKIP instead. Since UKIP have grown in strength, support for BNP has reduced. If you look at the rise in far right wing parties in Europe, they are much more worrying than UKIP.

Today the net migration stats shows a record number of 336,000 and the OBR has stated that population increases has increased government revenues, therefore allowing austerity to be relaxed. This makes the case that immigration is actually good for the UK, as increased GDP income will enable the debt to be reduced quicker, than just cutting spending.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

A number of people feel the same way as you barnowl, its just that a lot more feel differently - else his party would have more than 1 UK parliamentary mp (who often differs from Farages extreme views) - and he would be one himself..

Feeling differently doesn't mean they are right.

Bit of a silly analogy there. If speeches is what determines the amount of seats one gets in parliament, Churchill would have been in power until his dying day.

I am absolutely sure that you are right there

That is true. UKIP have actually done the country a service, as the racists who might have been attracted to BNP, may have backed UKIP instead. Since UKIP have grown in strength, support for BNP has reduced. If you look at the rise in far right wing parties in Europe, they are much more worrying than UKIP.

Today the net migration stats shows a record number of 336,000 and the OBR has stated that population increases has increased government revenues, therefore allowing austerity to be relaxed. This makes the case that immigration is actually good for the UK, as increased GDP income will enable the debt to be reduced quicker, than just cutting spending.

Austerity relaxed? When , where?

The problem (from where I am sitting) is that too many people support UKIP although I am not sure how, combining UKIP with BNP is good. I am also not that sure if UKIP are really any different from any of the far right parties.

Feeling differently doesn't mean they are right.

Bit of a silly analogy there. If speeches is what determines the amount of seats one gets in parliament, Churchill would have been in power until his dying day.

the AMS system that I believe is fairer can often need a minimum % of the vote to gain a seat. What it does mean is a fairer system of representation, less wasted votes , which may lead to greater participation by the electorate and hopefully a more truly representative picture of what people believe in, for example if you live in one of the safe seats , there can often be little incentive to vote if your vote is against the incumbent. It also means that parties will need to campaign nationally , for example the Greens only received 3.8% of the vote but did not stand in all areas

Much as it pains me to say it, UKIP would have won many more seats , I think with the AMS system it would have been about 40 seats based on the 2015 share of the vote although voting patterns may have been very different.