EU, in or out..

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3067 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Unless anyone is naive enough to believe an exit wouldn't affect their household budget surely we should be asking ourselves whether the eu provides us with access to stable trade.

£/capita is iro £120.00 [gone up a tad with the incumbents fudging the employment/gdp data], do we believe the current government would negotiate down a little over £2.00 per week or do we believe it would be driven by taxation?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It feels like the EU is doomed..

Wishful thinking!

If you regularly travel to the continent, you'll realise that they are very happy with the Union. Not so much about the Euro, but that's a very different story.

I'm all in favour of a full reform of the EU and the introduction of a two speed Europe. There's a block of states (Germany. France. Italy, the Netherlands, Belgium) that are in dire need of a proper fiscal union.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

Not so sure Italy is one of them. Problem as I see it is the rise of the far right racist parties in all EU countries. It's even happening in the oh so liberal Netherlands.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Immigration and the Romans. (has Europe been here before)?

Our immigration situation would look all too familiar to Ancient Roman historian Ammianus Marcellinus.

Back in the 4th Century AD hundreds of thousands of Goth refugees were driven westward by the Huns.

The Roman Empire, aghast at this tidal wave of humanity, granted them asylum in Turkey. But this was a

mistake, because in AD 376 those same Goths then poured across the Danube in rafts, boats, and

hollowed-out tree trunks. Awaiting them on the riverbank were corrupt Roman officials, who let them

pass through to the Empire in return for payment in gold.

The historian Ammianus Marcellinus-serving as a frontier soldier at the time-wrote about the event years

later: “Diligent care was taken that no future destroyer of the Roman State should be left behind, even if

he were smitten with a fatal disease. With such stormy eagerness on the part of insistent men was the

ruin of the Roman world brought in”.

The current situation in Europe has uncanny echoes of that long-gone Roman world, especially the sense

of disbelief among the population at what is happening. The only solution is to leave the EU.

If we stay in the moment an EU Member issues passports to its migrants they will be free to travel anywhere

in the EU, including to the UK, and there’s nothing we can do to stop them.

Ammianus Marcellinus must be looking down upon us, shaking his head, and smiling wearily…

You fail to mention our concept of common law is founded on Roman Civil Law and that most of europe still has the civil law system of jusice

What ever did the romans do for us

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCMQtwIwAGoVChMIhNmX0v_0yAIVRlU-Ch2uYQch&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D9foi342LXQE&usg=AFQjCNHEsjDjuK4x6y2bacauaO_VnZT18w&bvm=bv.106379543,d.cWw

Just put the word "White" in place of "Roman" and you get the idea of this topic posted

First Tampons, now this, beam me up scotty

Edited by obiter dictum

Ultimate Law

Logic is the ultimate law.

Do not do to others what they would not want to be done to them, or you will be punished regardless of your will.

The purpose of punishment is to erase guilt, via retribution and restitution.

That is the entire law; it cannot be changed, all the rest is commentary.

Example Commentary.

Do not lie.

Do not steal.

Do not harm.

Do not murder.

No victim, no crime.

Agreement must be kept.

Do not break law in prevention of lawbreaking.

Goal never justifies the means, except for punishment.

You can only do to others what they wouldn’t want to be done to them if you are dealing punishment.

http://ultimatelaw.org

The global political minority elite. People need to wake up. Time is running out..

Plenty of time yet. The placards have to be made and the marches registered with the police and the invitations go out, I can't wait.

The global political minority elite. People need to wake up. Time is running out..

Personally I think the conspiracy theories and new World Order , although possibly important , in fact possibly vital to world peace are not really relevant to if we should stay in the EU or not .

As for the cost of our membership of the EU, that is of course always questionable

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2012/nov/22/eu-budget-spending-contributions-european-union

I also think we need to remember that we get back a lot of what we put in.

I know that I will be criticised for posting from the Guardian website however ...

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Especially with the Bookies having us at "Odds On" to stay in

But the war hasn't started yet, the truth hasn't come out and the million immigrants haven't yet arrived. The bookies are wrong as often as they are right.

"I know that I will be criticised for posting from the Guardian website however"

At least it was not the Daily Heil

Of course you will be criticised, you can't run the papers down as peddling junk and then using them to back something up. It's either junk or it isn't.

But I won't be criticising you, I will leave that to someone else.