Poor advice for motorists.....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3089 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just a quick question, but why on other forums, when regulars are proven incorrect (and arguably costly to motorists), one is either barred from posting or accused of being a Parking Operator....Some of the advice on MSE and others is appalling.....and am I right in thinking that the moderators on some forums are indeed directors of appeals companies?

I doubt it but often the rumour mill makes it untenable for those with views that disagree with the held beliefs of that forum. I think it is more due to herd mentality rather than any axe to grind against an individual.

I have posted on another forum and find that the arguments against the parking operators are generally the same but often it takes time for the questions to get answered.

Eh.....do u not like others having a point of view 71?

Your point of view is about MSE.

How they operate has nothing to do with us..

If you wish to air your views on private parking companies, then feel free.

I cannot see how the individuals running companies like Ombudsman Services ltd could or would want to get involved. The IPC is much smaller fry so thie directors may well get their staff to post as some parking co's have in the past but the supermoderators have access to the IPaddresses and MAC addresses of the subscribers so they can tell if someone is posting from a particular business address and stop them if they wished to.

These comapnies postdate the forum itsef so they couldnt hijack the operation of the site.

I cannot see how the individuals running companies like Ombudsman Services ltd could or would want to get involved. The IPC is much smaller fry so thie directors may well get their staff to post as some parking co's have in the past but the supermoderators have access to the IPaddresses and MAC addresses of the subscribers so they can tell if someone is posting from a particular business address and stop them if they wished to.

These comapnies postdate the forum itsef so they couldnt hijack the operation of the site.

That's brilliant eb!

You are looking at it from our side, whereas JF is trying to slate appeal companies that are working against the PPCs.

I am not sure you are correct............notwithstanding, it appears to me many individuals whom receive many 'thank you' are not only incorrect with their information, advertising their biased wares or influential in having posts removed..... makes sense if revenue is generated from advertising.....

After some simple research and from running my own business, I was wondering how on earth do some smaller operators (apparently) service their clients, when they have to pay IPC memberships, POPLA and (maybe not) staff wages?

Yes I applaud aggressive criticisms of parking operators.....although some are better than others. I do have similar reservations about appeals companies.....

I fear you are deliberately missing the point...which is logical due to the amounts of post you have made on a parking forum....unless you are another who needs to advertise your wares free of charge?

Advice I sought previously proved futile...yet amusing...as my knowledge of appeal companies and PPC's dramatically changed.

I fear you are deliberately missing the point...which is logical due to the amounts of post you have made on a parking forum....unless you are another who needs to advertise your wares free of charge?

Advice I sought previously proved futile...yet amusing...as my knowledge of appeal companies and PPC's dramatically changed.

:lol:

I see what you mean but that was not clear from the wording of the opening post.

We used to have a regular poster who is very knowledgeable about these matters who went off and tried to broker a new appeals system based on fairness. It didnt go anywhere because it would be self defeating. If the parking schemes were fair the parking co's wouldnt make any money and there would be no need for arbitration anyway.

Personally I dont see the need for appeals companies at any level before court. You either intend to fight it or you dont, paying to fight paying is an odd concept.