MMF contacting me again after repaying debt - Resolved

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2809 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all

I have several debts that I am currently repaying, under a self managed repayment plan,

to which all debt collection companies agree to every-time.

This thread relates to one company,

BPO last year they offered me a reduced rate of 12 payments of £? and the rest will be cleared,

I paid the 12 payments and

wrote to BPO stating that the account should now be closed and that all credit reference agencies

notified that the account has been settled as per the agreement,

I got a letter back, stating the remaining balance is still payable due to the fact they had nothing on their files

that shows I agreed to the reduced payment options,

I duly sent them a photo copied copy of the letter that I had received from them back in 2013 offering this method,

and a copy of a letter of my agreeing to they offer which I posted back in 2013 to which I made 12 following payments.

This followed by another letter from BPO now stating the remaining balance is due,

due to not keeping up with payments,

yet I have bank records of all 12 payments which were made every month for 12 months...

.I do not want to continue correspondence with this company,

as far as I am concerned I repaid 75% of the debt to which the account should now be closed and marked as settled.

I will be sending one final letter tomorrow, asking for the above to now be closed,

as I will send them the banking records,

is they something I can put in the letter, that will stop further contact from them,

or shall I now just ignore they letters ?

When these companies offer reduced settlements, are they really worth it.

I have no problems with my other 5 collection companies,

they seem happy for me to make the monthly payments without any hassles from them.

sometimes my debts get passed from one company to another,

but they always agree to my repayment options.

Just BPO side tracking on what was agreed.

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.

anyone/debt offering a discount or short settlement needs serious investigation.

I hope you've sent all these people you are paying a CCA request?

I don't like the idea of you continually paying a debt when it keeps

getting passed around

classic sign of cash cowing

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for reply,

the BPO debt was £230.15 repaid £173.09 .

I haven't done any form of cca to any of by ddc

I just pay monthly to clear the balances,

my partner just wants me debt free, without the hassles,

I spread £200 per month to five debt collection companies, with the biggest debt getting the largest amount down the smallest amount to the smallest debt.

I had 8 ddc but have cleared two to date . would be three cleared if BPO would now close account.

Think since 2009 I have had dealings with ( without looking through the mountains of paperwork )

20 plus different debt collections companies, collecting balances on behalf of past creditors.

I personally got all interest stopped at the time I got into difficulties, so I'm only repaying what I borrowed.

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.

I seriously question your wisdom of blindly paying debts without checking things

have you ever got a copy of your credit file?

do all your debts show?

DCA's are NOT BAILIFFS

and have

NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Not looked at credit files/reports since back in 2008 as felt no point after defaults on loans etc,

I get more moaning from partner than from debt collection companies, hence I really just want to repay what I borrowed,

the mountains of paperwork I have in storage/garage is over whelming,

as long as I see debts getting lower every time I get yearly balance statements, that's good.

you could say. I'm one of the persons that just want to repay and move on...

without more hassles than what I get at home, if you know what I mean.

or you could say you are being mugged blind.

no wonder they keep passing debts around.

dx

and they

I'm one of the persons that just want to repay and move on...

You're also one of those that are seen as easy. I bet you that half of what you are paying is penalty charges.

Hi

I'm afraid I agree with the above comments. By them demanding sums and you not questioning them is tantamount to giving your money away.

While you may not want the hassle, it is always worth finding out what charges have been added, whether the DCA actually has the right to be chasing these debts and whether they have a copy of the agreement (on the assumption these are before April 07)

The best tenner you will ever spend is to send a SAr to the original creditor-not the DCA- to get a full account history. These will show what was (or not) done.

Any charges for loans/HP and credit cards. Charges for overdrafts are more difficult but possible.

As for BPO, this needs a Formal Complaint (and marked as such) enclosing the evidence you have.

My bigger worry is that after they fold (which I think they will) they may just flog the remaining balance on to some other DCA (dependant on what the letter said)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

MY Advice is to stop paying BPO Collections.

IMHO they are a little dog DCA that just barks all the time until you put it down.

The chances of legal action with them is non existent.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

• 2 weeks later...

DX100uk took your advice and sent off for my credit report today, postal one as only £2 ,

I will come back after reading if I think/see anything amiss...

which most likely mistakes will be on they,

I'm guessing it will be interesting reading after all these years......

As for BPO I got a letter on Thursday stating the account is now settled and account closed.

but I bet as with all the ones you've short settled

the CRA file will show partial settlement

the rest of the balance will be sold on

to another fleecer

dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Hi got the Experian report today,

at a quick glance the defaults dates look correct,

the figures need up-dating,

I'll post each one shortly ,

would point out that NONE of the debts on the report are with any debt collection company, they are all but one with the creditor I borrowed from.

Even one creditor I am repaying isn't even on the report?

I'll have a read through and post once I have everything in my head, and put each bit of the report together with each debtor. thanks

• 1 year later...

Will keep this as short as possible, as don't want to waste more time on this issue, after resolving back in 2013

I admittedly owed Wage day advance a small sum of money, which was passed to MMF then on to BPO to which I repaid 75% of the debt under the account settlement opportunity

, this was repaid over 12 months, to which I received written confirmation after the final payment was made, that the account had been closed and settled and no further contact would be made.

To back this letter up, I wrote to them to gain further confirmation that the account was now closed, reply received was

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience or undue stress our contact may have caused, I can see that you have made the agreed 12 payments to settle this account.

The account is now finalised as fully paid and settled and that any/all credit reference agencies have/will be notified that full and final settlement has been made and that the account is closed as of 23rd May 2014

Your account has now been closed and settled in full and you will not be contacted again in relation to this matter.

Today I got a letter stating your account has been returned to us to recover the outstanding balance on the account, ???????

Should I even bother contacting them, or should I send them a E mail of their last contact, its only a small amount, to which I could pay, but why should I when the account was paid and closed as per above....

Thoughts please.......................

You let them fleece you blind

Theyll always comeback and try and spoof you for more

In your bpo thread all of this was outlined by several people

A dca is not a bailliff and have no such legal powers

Dx

and they

Will pen a E Mail to MMF outlining the agreement back in 2013/14 and send them copies of letters showing account closed..... The amount was so low my partner wanted me to clear it, to get rid of debt... when you have partner nagging on at you and debt collection also, choices have to be made and hence I paid.... Hopefully paperwork I send them via E mail will cancel any further collection, amount left is only 25% of debt which is so low was hardly worth it..... Lesson learnt not to part settle........................................

You have fell into the usual DCA con trick on settlements

MMF passed the debt to BPO

You settled the account with BPO with a short settlement so your obligation with BPO has ended.

BPO simply sold on the deficit of that short settlement back to MMF

You email settlement should have stated that this short settlement is in full and final of your obligations and that the balance remaining will not be recoverable by yourself or any other company

Wait,... Wait... You paid BPO? Got a letter stating it was full and final? And then then MMF overstepped their boots?

Well Im going to say this in 5 short words...

Time for CEO Email Me thinks... Let me dig out the info :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

There you go.

[email protected] - Neil Petty - CEO

[email protected] - Barry Ellishaw - Complaints Exec / Manager

[email protected] - Unconfirmed - Denise Crossley - Director

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

First of all, formal complaint to their Head/Registered office. Then escalate to Ombudsman.

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Found all Correspondence/letters from MMF themselves and BPO stating Full and Final settlement dated 25th May 2014 have scanned and sent as attachment to MMF reminding them of there all letters dated back to 2013/14 will await they reply...... thx to all.... have also cc into email as per Fkofilee advice cheers

Hi Fkofilee sent copies of email to Neil and Barry.... the Crossley address bounced back so guess that person no longer at company... thax

Denise is still there, but her email isnt in the public domain...

Its kind of hard to guess what it is as it could be on of many formats...

Firstname.lastname

firstinitial.lastname

lastename.firstname

Etc...

I hope you get this resolved.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

I have just logged onto my Experian account, and the MMF debt does not even show on my credit file.... in fact I was quite impressed with the information, score is 966/999 which I find strange, given I have four defaults.... expiring within this year.... The Wonga debt has been removed... so guess that solves my other posting about that.... All the other info match my own records here at home.... however I have one debt that was defaulted back in 2010 which no longer shows on my report ? everything else looks like it should...

I have just logged onto my Experian account, and the MMF debt does not even show on my credit file.... in fact I was quite impressed with the information, score is 966/999 which I find strange, given I have four defaults.... expiring within this year.... The Wonga debt has been removed... so guess that solves my other posting about that.... All the other info match my own records here at home.... however I have one debt that was defaulted back in 2010 which no longer shows on my report ? everything else looks like it should...

Aged debts, while still exist on the CRA are seen as less of a risk factor... General tendencies are that the potential creditor would give you an offer then straight out decline you...

This happened recently for me...

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis