Speed Camera Notification

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3118 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Afternoon all. Just a quicky....

Just had a notification regarding the above. The notification arrived at least one month after the alleged offence. Out of interest, how long do the Police have to notify please?

I think Ive read somewhere there is a set time limit? Have searched on here but cant seem to find any info on this.

Cheers!

Thank you BB. Very helpful. Interesting. The NIP sent to me was way over the required 14 days. As the article states however, the police can go over this if 'extra time is needed for the police to act with 'reasonable diligence' to find out who the registered keeper is and how to contact them'. I have car through work via a salary sacrifice scheme so to contact me may take longer and therefore justify this? Any answers very welcome!

No doubt they'll either hit you with points and a fine, or get you onto one of their driver awareness courses, either way it's profit for them.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

If you have the car through work then the registered keeper is almost certainly either the company that employs you, or a separate lease company. Therefore the NIP must be server on them within 14 days of the offence. They will then reply naming you as the person who is actually in charge of the car and the police will send you a NIP of your own. There is no time limit for this second NIP to arrive. You cannot contest the charge on this basis.

The OP mentions a salary sacrifice scheme, so it doesn't sound like a company car, it sounds like a car purchase with a low interest loan from his employer.

He needs to check his V5 to see who the registered keeper actually is. If it is him, he may be in luck.