You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Hello all,  During the pandemic, we all have a duty to help one another, but i feel that the current Price gouging policy of all the main public sellers such as ebay and amazon to name the biggest are actually keeping the ppe prices artificially high. and i tell you why. pressure from bodies such as which and the trading standards in the early days to cut the price gouging listings on these platforms, has back fired!! This has now lead to a select club! being the Approved traders, as  the only listings allowed to list certain ppe items, this has created a club that with ebays trending structure is keeping the prices high, i have been at logger heads with ebay about this, they are using this policy to rip off the public, after all they take a percentage commission on every item sold. If i try to list an item of ppe much lower that the approved traders club, my listing is rejected, and the reason given is price gouging!!!, what a joke as my listing is half the price of the approved traders and ebay know this. they are worried that this will get out, as the conversations with the concierge service they tell me they are constantly revieving their policy!!!. Which needs to put pressure on these companys to change the policy to create a fairer result for the public.      
    • You might want to check your contract notice as you’ll need to be given that or given legal notice under 2 years (1 week), usually instant is for gross misconduct which this doesn’t appear to be. Again need to check contract but minimum 1 week I believe legally.   I agree they should have better processes in place but they’ve terminated you for unsatisfactory performance they can do that.   It sucks but it’s not unfair, I can see a discriminatory reason posted either so I think best bet will be to look for something new.    Most likely they need to lose heads & knowing they will have to pay contributions in August chose to lose you as you have been there less than 2 years and have very little rights as a result.
    • Just to update on this, received the anticipated reply from Packlink. Still chasing hermes every week.    
    • So I gather that you sent some parcels using DPD. They arrived in an apparently damaged state so that the items can't be used. The items were returned to you and you had to refund your customer. You are now out of pocket to the tune of the entire value of the items or at least the cost of repairs. You used DPD on some kind of account/credit system so that in principle you owe the money – but you are withholding the money because they didn't carry out their contractual obligations correctly and also they caused you loss. They are now threatening to sue you and they have sent you a letter of claim. I understand that you didn't take any photographs of the damaged parcels or of the items – on the basis that you weren't informed that that would be necessary. I understand also that you have had phone calls with them – but you probably have never recorded the courts so you have no evidence of what has been said. Is this all correct? You haven't told us what the items are and whether they are still in your possession. You haven't told us whether the damage to the items makes them a total loss or if they can be repaired. You haven't told us anything about values of the items or of the cost of repairs. We need this information. Also, I hope that you won't mind too much when I say that your failure to take photographs on the basis that nobody had told you to do it – shows a certain level of naïveté and your lack of evidence may become a problem if they do issue proceedings and you have to defend yourself. I suggest that it is axiomatic of any kind of dispute of this nature that you would start acquiring and storing evidence from the outset – and photographs are certainly going to be the minimum kind of evidence that you would require. You also haven't told us the value of the invoice sum which you are withholding. Although your post is pretty long, it seems to be pretty scant on some of the essential information. If you could please respond to these questions and then we will try to give you advice as to your position and the next step.
    • sar vanquis   sar express gifts cards.   too    
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
lukesshenry

Lowell/Carter Claimform - o2 debt

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1699 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I had a letter last week from Bryan and Carter saying they are legal representation of Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd and that I have an outstanding O2 Phone Bill from 04/2009 for £460. They said if I did not pay up they would issue a CCJ against me.

I gained a copy of my credit report and noticed there was a default dated 03/04/2010 from Lowell.

2 weeks later (Yesterday) I had a claim form come through from the court with a CCJ notice to which I have limited time to reply for the amount of £582

I called Bryan and Carter and asked for a copy of the credit agreement and they were very rude I said I did not recognise the debt and needed more details to investigate the issue.

Can they do this or is there any other way around this other than paying the money without even seeing a copy of the credit agreement?

Thanks for your time reading this.

Hello and welcome to CAG.

Is this a blue court form N1 that you've received? If so, could you have a read of this stikky and give the guys the information they need in order to advise you please?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?419198-You-have-received-a-Claim-What-you-need-to-do.-**UPDATED-December-2014**

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I had a letter last week from Bryan and Carter saying they are legal representation of Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd and that I have an outstanding O2 Phone Bill from 04/2009 for £460. They said if I did not pay up they would issue a CCJ against me.

I gained a copy of my credit report and noticed there was a default dated 03/04/2010 from Lowell.

2 weeks later (Yesterday) I had a claim form come through from the court with a CCJ notice to which I have limited time to reply for the amount of £582

I called Bryan and Carter and asked for a copy of the credit agreement and they were very rude I said I did not recognise the debt and needed more details to investigate the issue.

Can they do this or is there any other way around this other than paying the money without even seeing a copy of the credit agreement?

Thanks for your time reading this.

They don't have to supply a CCA for a phone debt. But they have to evidence the debt and anything mentioned in their particulars of claim.

If you had an unpaid bill from April 2009, it should be statute barred and the default date in 2010 is wrong. If you are sure about the account being unpaid in 2009, you can defend on tbe basis that the debt is subject to statute of limitations and that the claimant is held to strict proof by way of original creditors statements of account in regard to an accurate default date.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Name of the Claimant ? Lowell Portfolio LTD

Date of issue – . 06/10/2015

What is the claim for – O2 Phone bill 2010

What is the value of the claim? £580

Is the claim for a current account (Overdraft) or credit/loan account or mobile phone account? Mobile O2

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? 2010

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor

or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. lowells

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? No

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? No

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? No

Why did you cease payments? Was not aware this existed

What was the date of your last payment? never made one

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? Not that I am aware of

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor

and make any attempt to enter into a debt managementicon plan? No

Thanks for the quick response :)

They don't have to supply a CCA for a phone debt. But they have to evidence the debt and anything mentioned in their particulars of claim.

If you had an unpaid bill from April 2009, it should be statute barred and the default date in 2010 is wrong. If you are sure about the account being unpaid in 2009, you can defend on tbe basis that the debt is subject to statute of limitations and that the claimant is held to strict proof by way of original creditors statements of account in regard to an accurate default date.

Name Mr XXXXXXXX Date of Birth 12/05/1989

Terms 0 @ £ 0 (Monthly) Status Defaulted

Current Balance £ 460 Start Balance £ 0

Credit Limit £ 0 Default / Delinquent Balance £ 460

Start Date 20/04/2009 Date Updated 15/05/2011

Date Last Delinquent Date Satisfied

Default Date 03/04/2010

Edited by Andyorch
Missed Default date/Name removed

Name Mr XXXXXXXX Date of Birth 12/05/1989

Default Date 03/04/2010

It would be helpful to get hold of confirmation from 02 of when the last unpaid bill was and when this would have been in default under the accounts terms and conditions. If you can get 02 to confirm this, then you can defend with 100% certainty that the debt is statute barred, so cannot be subject to court enforcement. And Bryan Carters are then likely to not proceed.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

It would be helpful to get hold of confirmation from 02 of when the last unpaid bill was and when this would have been in default under the accounts terms and conditions. If you can get 02 to confirm this, then you can defend with 100% certainty that the debt is statute barred, so cannot be subject to court enforcement. And Bryan Carters are then likely to not proceed.

Just spoken to O2 via online chate and they do not have an account for my name and address or any address that I have previously lived at, I have saved the online chat.

Hi

You may wish to rethink your user name...if that's your real name...

Regards

Andy

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Actually.. Im going to step in and ask a few more questions. When is the debt from? This WILL Determine whether a CCA Request is required for this account.

As a general rule of thumb, CCAs are not required for Utilities accounts, but O2 set up the Refresh Tariffs where your phone is paid aside of your airtime under a Consumer Credit Agreement.

If you can remember if the account was subject to it, then it could mean you may have to tweak any defense that you reply with.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Name Mr XXXXXXXX

Default Date 03/04/2010

This is all the info I have from equifax.

O2 do not have info of the account when I spoke to them (conversation saved)

Sorry I can't be more helpful with the info.

Acknowledge the claim on MCOL and state you will be defending the claim in full. The sooner you do this the better, and then send in a Statute Barred defence - it will then be up to Carters/Lowells to provide documentation otherwise.

Its a bit too late to do a CCA request to all parties although it would be helpful to do one.

Name Mr XXXXXXXX

Default Date 03/04/2010

This is all the info I have from equifax.

O2 do not have info of the account when I spoke to them (conversation saved)

Sorry I can't be more helpful with the info.

Can you remember this unpaid 02 account ?

You seem to be unsure about it.

If so, try to get an 02 reference number or details from Bryan Carters, so you can make enquiries with 02. I suspect that 02 have deleted you from current systems and you will need to ask them for information from archived old accounts using any reference number you find out.

See what you can find out and post back.

Can you remember this unpaid 02 account ?

You seem to be unsure about it.

If so, try to get an 02 reference number or details from Bryan Carters, so you can make enquiries with 02. I suspect that 02 have deleted you from current systems and you will need to ask them for information from archived old accounts using any reference number you find out.

See what you can find out and post back.

No I cannot remember it at all i'll call Bryan and Carters for info and get back to O2 and see what I can muster up.

Thanks

Claim has been acknowledged and I have selected defend in full.

So I now send a Statute barred defence?

Is it worth the CCA request?

How long have I got to submit the defence, should I find out more info first or go for it?

You CANT Send a CCA Request if the Account wasn't subject to it. You need to FIND out!

If it wasnt subject to a CCA then it wont work!

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

I wouldn't be speaking to carter on the phone.

can we have to full particulars of the claim please

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Try staying off the phone unless you can record the conversations. As you have already found Carter is extremely unhelpful.

Use the CPR route and you will get a more beneficial response.

Hello to the 21 guests on a Saturday morning.

#

After speaking to O2 and carter this is what I've got to work with

Carter:

03/04/2010 default

27/01/2011 debt purchased

****** account number

online 18 month

O2 opened in 20/04/2009.

And Phone disconnected on 05/11/2009

No details of any payments

I'd do the statute barred defence. That would give them the grief of proving the alleged debt.

sounds like its SB'd

go ack [aos] the claim on mcol website

then when you are ready

file the SB defence

The following defence is all you need if it is SB

1 The Claimant's claim was issued on (insert date).

2 The Defendant contends that the Claimant's claim so issued is a claim in contract and is statute barred pursuant to the provisions of section 5 of the limitation act 1980.

If, which is denied, the claimant contends that the Defendant is in breach of the alleged contract, in excess of 6 years have elapsed since the date on which any cause of action for breach accrued for the benefit of the Claimant.

3 The Claimant's claim to be entitled to payment of £x or any other sum, or relief of any kind is denied.

SB defence has been submitted thanks all for your help on a Saturday morning I really appreciate it. I will update you as I go along (Not sure what to expect yet) Enjoy the rest of your weekend. :)

I have received notice of proposed allocation to the small claims track this morning, what should I do now? Seems this just does not want to go away!

So no acknowledgement of your SB defence?

WHO has sent this allocation to SC track?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Bryan Carter said they received my defence and wish to continue unless I paid up. (I ignored)

Received SC Track today from The court office at the county court business center

std practice if you read other carter threads.

doesn't really mean anything