Contribution based ESA due to run out...what now?

Trinity2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3067 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Thanks for taking the time to read this..

I have been on ESA Contribution based since 13th October last year...seen their Doctor in January of this year and was placed in WRAG in March of this year....

At the time of applying for ESA I received a reply stating that I was entitled to both Contribution based and Income based but as I have always worked I was entitled to the Contribution based...

I know you can only receive this for a year and my question is will I automatically transfer over to income based or should I ring them on Monday?

I hate the thoughts of ringing them as I always feel like a beggar when I am having to deal with them and really only want to ring if I really really have to lol (honest to god, I go from a 46 year old fully competent person to a nervous wreck when I have to deal with them)

As my contribution based is due to run out next week, if there is something to be reapplied for should they have not sent me a something in the post before this?

I have tried googling this but cant seem to find the answer anywhere...

I live in Northern Ireland just incase that makes a difference..

Thanks for reading this far..

Cheers

Trinity....

What happens next depends largely on whether you applied for Income Related ESA(IR) when you first made your claim.

If you did then you will be paid any ESA(IR) you are entitled to automatically when your ESA© exhausts next week. Since you received a letter stating that you were entitled to both ESA© and ESA(IR) then I presume that you did apply for ESA(IR) when you claimed initially.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Thank you Honeybee and Antone for taking the time to reply...

Antone ..yes I applied for both originally, just incase I wasnt eligible for either...

Was just worried in case it came to next week and ESA was just stopped without any warning..

I thought I might have to apply all over again, ie fit notes (which I haven't had to send in from August), assessment phase, doctors visit etc...

First time I have ever had to claim a benefit and none of the Government sites seem to give straight answers lol

Trinity

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...