court fines with philips

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5782 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i got fined a while a go for no insurance {yes i know it was wrong but its done now}i was fined 150 with 6points i got the fine down to 80 quid then lost my job phoned the fines office told them and was told when your can afford to pay phone us ,1 month later phoned back to pay in full but told its gone to philips bayliffs,phoned philips and was told its not be give to anyone yet so i had to wait and was told i could not pay at this time.Waited 4mths later got a card posted though door saying to phone the bayliff.phoned him and was told that another bayliff had been around twice and was told that the fine is now £360 can they charge this because i aint workin at the mo and i know no ones been around on the days i was told what can i do:o :confused: :o

No they cannot do that. In the first place, when they call, they should

leave a card to say they called, partly as proof of call.

My own view is that if it was only a month between your last payment and

your call to pay the whole amount, the Court were too quick to pass it

on, and should have told you what they intended.

Talk to the Court and explain the position you are in and see if you can

get a hearing in Court that you should not have been handed to philips

so quickly and without notice. And that they could have had their money 4 months ago, and pholips are way way overcharging which you feel is unacceptable in view of you having offered to pay the Court and philips

4 months ago.

If they cannot help, go to Citizens Advice since they whole situation is

completely out of order.

Whatever the outcome of the Court decision, wtite to the bailiffs asking for

a complete breakdown of their costs including dates and times when they called at your house. That way it will give you time to contact Citizens

advice if you have no luck with the Court.

• 2 weeks later...

I learnt some info ,because the bayliff havent come into my house they have said they called twice when clearly they hadnt anyway i phoned the local fines place up and they said that the bayliffs were returning it back to the court .I was then told when back at the court i only need to pay the origanal fine of £80

I learnt some info ,because the bayliff havent come into my house they have said they called twice when clearly they hadnt anyway i phoned the local fines place up and they said that the bayliffs were returning it back to the court .I was then told when back at the court i only need to pay the origanal fine of £80 because the bayliffs hadnt entered i dont pay ANY of there costs ha ha ha well as its nearly christmas ho ho ho

• 1 year later...

Just a note to say Hello to the Consumer Action Group Community and to ask for assistance in sorting out a problem with Philips over a letter regarding a Parking fine that has been handed to the Baliffs but was in fact a Parking ticket received by a third party in my car. What is my best course of action. ?