How far are A4E/peopleplus allowed to make you travel for appointments,and can I get into trouble for this?

anonymousone
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3120 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi-I was just wondering if anyone knows how far they can actually make you travel to these appointments, at the moment they are making me travel 30 miles just to do job searches on the computer etc. its an hours drive at least cos the traffic is awful or 2hours on public transport.

Also, am currently on a sanction because my wonderful "advisor" sent me an email telling me to attend the wrong office for my appointment so obviously I missed it (they have one 12 miles away from me as well but she reckons they only see esa people there...?) so obviously I have no money whatsoever until my hardship payment comes through in 2 weeks-my mum spent her last money filling up the car so I could get to my stupid appointment and so there was nothing left for parking,I was running late cos I had to drop her off at her work on the way over there and I didn't have time to park far away where it's free so I parked in a pay spot without buying a ticket thinking I'd only be quick and I could buy a ticket when they gave me the petrol money back-

I told her I needed to be quick or else go and move the car and then come back but she deliberately kept me over an hour and then surprise surprise I got a parking ticket-so I went back to the office,dumped it on reception and said it was a present for the advisor,the reception lady called after me saying she cant pay it and I shouted back that I don't care it's her problem now and I can't pay it.

(I then bought a parking ticket-I'm hoping if I write to the council with the ticket and an explanation they'll let me off the fine) I can't get into trouble for like harassment or something ridiculous for this can I? I was just making a point lol

Its not like I was acting in a threatening way.probably the wrong thing to do though cos now she knows shes upset me

Edited by citizenB
formatting

I would expect 90 minutes travel time to their office to be the limit. However, now that they know you have a car, using the 2 hour public transport card would most likely fall on deaf ears. That said, if they have an office closer, it wouldn't be unreasonable to expect to attend appointments there.

Now for some bad news: You will have to pay for the Penalty Charge Notice out of your own pocket. It is not a recoverable cost that you can pass on to A4e/PeoplePlus. The council will not accept a parking ticket purchased after the event.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Also, am currently on a sanction because my wonderful "advisor" sent me an email telling me to attend the wrong office for my appointment so obviously I missed it (they have one 12 miles away from me as well but she reckons they only see esa people there...?)

When did the sanction get issued?

Did you ask for a mandatory reconsideration?

Have you then appealed??

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

It would seen that the same target system is evident with these private companies too the set them up to fail and cause them unnecessary inconvenience in the hope that they sign off

Below is a link about benefit sanctions and the targets that DWP deny existed , along with a dwp employees own account of how they sanctioned the majority of JSA claimants, Putting people on these waste of space work programmes is part of that I also think that expecting someone to travel upto 90mins away from their home is also unrealistic

https://www.change.org/p/rt-hon-david-cameron-mp-implement-the-recommendations-of-the-benefit-sanctions-policy-beyond-the-oakley-review/u/13700232?tk=C6m-8lvWfkDCwRd3DnikoSXCVsxdnhnXapBqcHSpqKs&utm_source=petition_update&utm_medium=email