style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2672 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Probably because charaties are an administrative chargers wet dream

Registered Charaties cannot make a profit by law so they set up Trading companies that run alongside the registered charity

Help for heroes as an example

Their satellite company is help for heroes trading limited, ask them where the money goes while they drive around in their 60 k Range Rovers??

Ask yourself how much the Royal British Legion has suffered in donations since this lot came onto the scene??

Probably because charaties are an administrative chargers wet dream

Registered Charaties cannot make a profit by law so they set up Trading companies that run alongside the registered charity

Help for heroes as an example

Their satellite company is help for heroes trading limited, ask them where the money goes while they drive around in their 60 k Range Rovers??

Ask yourself how much the Royal British Legion has suffered in donations since this lot came onto the scene??

Do you have any proof of this statement on Range Rovers.

The trading company brings in money by selling " branded" items

what is wrong with that?

It's Charities by the way.

The married couple who 'run' H4H are on £160k a year EACH and apparently have just employed their daughter as marketing 'manager' on £160k a year if not more.

Source Companies House and Annual declared accounts

Only 33p in the £ goes to helping people and the remaining goes on administration

Did i also mention the helicopter on the books as well??

Edited by obiter dictum

First or all, I would plead to anyone not to be horrible to each other wirh personal remarks. The point I was attempting to get to is how some charities seem to be set up in such a way where a few people are paid Executive salaries while the needs of those in real need are not always met. In my opinion that is not how charities are meant to be..

And like Clockwork:-)

And i suffer from glaucoma,

Though prejudice is not one of your best attributes is it is it?

I too am a little confused as to why the above was brought into this thread obiter dictum ? Get out of bed the wrong side ?

Please keep this to the thread subject in hand.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

The married couple who 'run' H4H are on £160k a year EACH and apparently have just employed their daughter as marketing 'manager' on £160k a year if not more.

Only 33p in the £ goes to helping people and the remaining goes on administration

You have every right to draw attention to the facts and I would defend your right to do so..

Those figures have shocked me.

But what net was paid out after all deductions.On companies house files.By H4H

Let me think.

Kind of if 10 million net was paid out by H4H to good causes.

Well although wages seem extreme money paid out i suppose to directors etc would seem fair.To some.

It is like the advertising companies that charge charities a million up front to make a film.

But that film raises 10 million.

We may grimace but the money raised makes sense.To some.

So Mum Dad and Daughter are on roughly half a million.

Helicopter 250,000 a year roughly.A wild guess.

But how much net was paid out in that year.To the heroes.

I wonder.

I have no complaints if a charity director was on say 30k a year

But 160 k x 3

Talk about keeping it in the family

If they had spare cash it should go to the Royal British legion

People make donations to charities to help the less fortunate, also it makes people feel good about themselves.

Not line the pockets of the select few as a Gravy train

I understand what you are saying.And understand how angry you are.And many i feel would agree with you.

It is like many things.

I have been involved in a charity show for Help The Heroes that raised 6 thousand.

And others as well to help people.Children many things.

Although the administration charges,wages,costs hurt the money raised is better than the alternative.

We have to live with it.

Although it hurts.

I hope i have put my point across clearly.

As you have my friend.

I like what your Avator means.Well thought out.

But say what you feel.That is only my view on things.

I know people that earn well over half a million and fritter it away on many strange things.

And find that hard to understand as well.

The more they earn,somehow they always have to increase the size of their house,their car.

Their Helicopter even.Clothes,girlfriends,boyfriends,holidays, it amazes me as i watch.

They single or married do more in a month than many save up to do in a lifetime.

I apologise i seem to perhaps have slipped off the topic.

Why are their so many charities and yet people are still in need ?

A good question.

Why are so many still in need.

Is it Governments unwilling to help their own people.

Do some receive aid then use for other things and not give it to people in need.

I find the question very interesting.

And at the moment finding it hard to answer.

When Cameron was first elected, he had talked about using the voluntary sector, which I thought at the time was a cynical thing to do. I hadn't realised it's all gone wrong, just found this article.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/sep/30/david-camerons-love-affair-voluntary-sector-over

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

With the UK the sixth largest economy in the world it is a disgrace we have the trussels trust charity serving over one million people a year in food banks as well as the Red Cross. The last time they did that was during the second world war

There is more money to be made in the treatment of cancer than finding a cure.

My own opinion is that these big drug pharmaceutical companies have probaly already discovered how to isolate the cancer gene, or turn it off, but there is no profit in being well. Only my own opinion though

Ladies and Gentleman.

Last warning. Keep it civil and the discussion on the topic at hand.

I am removing offensive posts and personal attacks. If this continues the responsible parties will be referred for further moderation.

Regards

SS

ps If anyone feels a post if offensive or requires review please use the triangle ! report button to alert site team attention and avoid responding

Edited by SabreSheep
added ps

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

I won't give to big charities

The other week I had save the children knock on the door as he was talking to me he gave me some colouring packs

For the kids

Then when he wanted my bank details but because I didn't have them to hand he snatched the packs back and walked off

I never give to charities and I explain why.

I grew up next door to the president of a charity which was suppose to be a voluntary position.

This man never worked one day of his life, but he enjoyed (and still does) holidays every month, powerful and expensive cars, mundane nights out etc.

Fast forward 20 years and his only son is doing exactly the same.

His first car, the day after passing the driving test was an Audi RS6.

So, if I feel the need to help someone, I help the people close to me.

Many times I buy a sandwich and a cup of tea for the local homeless.

Thick coat to a mum in need from my local parish etc.

I am against giving money because it could be spent for drink or drugs.

I prefer to listen to what they need and buy it for them.

This way I am sure that what I give goes to the intended recipient and not someone driving a £200k car.

I once had one of those plastic coppers try and give me a £80.00 fixed penalty

My crime was giving a homeless chap 50 pence for a cup of coffee as his need was greater than mine.

This plastic copper stated the offence was encouraging vagrancy for which i just walked off and he did no follow

Charity begins at home

• 4 months later...

LBC radio talking about charities at this moment. Tomorrow they will be given a formal warning (the charities) about their collection activities. Chuggers annoy me and when people come to my door, that does feel in my face (so to speak). what do others think..

• 7 months later...

All the stories above are the very reason I refuse to give to charity of any kind.

As very little of the donations actually make it to the people/countries/animals etc in need.

Adminstration fees?? You gotta be kidding, esp @ the sums mentioned plus a bliddin helicopter!!!!

Charity begins & ends @ home....

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it!!

Lullaby Trust ( formally known as FSID, COT DEATH CHARITY ) are as far as I am aware the only charity that never advertises on TV, COLD CALLS etc, yet they have no Government help what so ever

Please help give babies the chance of a lifetime xx

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

• 1 month later...

Every time i switch on the TV or radio, there is an advert for a charity, looking to use Christmas feeling of guilt, as a way to raise money. Obviously people will feel guilty spending money on excessive amounts of food, drink and presents. So they are more likely to give to charity, as a way of compensating for any guilt they have.

Charities have to raise money to help those in need and Christmas is obviously a very good time to raise money. But i wish the charities would put forward a positive proposition, rather than using guilt based advertising. I want to know what the charities did with money raised and how much of each pound raised goes to those in need. If the charities had to reveal their basic administration costs, i suspect that the high percentage of such costs would put people off giving.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Charities seem to just be businesses these days and I get the impression that they view donors as potential cash cows.

I was shocked by the ICO fines handed out to the RSPCA and British Heart Foundation. They've both misused people's personal information and seem unrepentant about doing it, judging by news reports just after the announcement.

Why should donations go towards paying the fines? They should be paid by the people who decided to carry out wealth screening, data matching and so on.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I know a manager working for a charity who earns £80k/year.

My mum next door neighbour has been unemployed for his entire life but he's the founder and president of a charity.

He drives super expensive cars, takes extended family on holiday at least 4 times a year and for his wife's 50s he got her a gold Rolex limited edition.

He doesn't claim benefits.

I wonder how he affords all of this...