• Tweets

• Good Evening, I've got a fairly simple question but I'll provide some context incase needed. I've pursued a company that has operations in england despite them having no official office anywhere. I've managed to find a site they operate from and the papers there have been defended so I know they operate there. They've filed a defence which is honestly the worst defence ever, and despite being required to provide their witness evidence, they have not and have completely ignored the courts and my request for copies of it. I'm therefore considering applying to strike out their defence on the grounds the defence was rubbish and that they haven't provided any evidence for the trial. However, it has a trial date set for end of june, and a civil application wouldn't get heard until a week before then, so hardly worth it. However, my local court is very good at dealing with paper applications (i.e ones that don't need hearings, and frankly I think they are literally like 1-2 days from when you submit it to when a Judge sees it. I'm wondering if I can apply to strikeout a defence without a hearing OR whether a hearing is required for a strikeout application.   Thanks
    • I have just opened another bank acc with lloyds (i have a few already) After doing some research they may have some relation to tsb or be apart of the same group will this cause me issue if my salary is paid into my lloyds account? Also, if the debts do go into default and nothing is paid then after 6 years it all goes away? As the DCAs cannot do anything? I do want to start paying in like 3/4 months or do you advise I leave it if it goes into default? again sorry for all the questions, i am just processing everything
    • one reply only  follow post 2 of letter of claim <<clickme link. dx
    • Sorry, I got confused  Yes, it states all three   Thanks, 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Black Pearl Claims Ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3113 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I'm in the process of a PPI claims

I'm using a company called black pearl claims

but wish I didn't now

I've done most of the work well not much work really just answering questions

Barclay card ask is there a way I can get rid of black pearl claims and continue conversation from Barclay card on a policy back in January 4th 1999

I can't remember the details of the policy and documents of employment or savings etc I haven't got

can I claim by myself and get rid of black pearl as it's supposedly at decision makers and if I get money they want 30% + vat if successful

all I know of the policy is covered illness as to what I don't remember it was 16 yrs ago

Hi guys I'm in the process of 2 PPI claims one with Barclay card and the other Capital one both started by Black Pearl Claims Ltd .

I was just wondering if I could pull the plug on Black Pearl Claims as they are charging me 30%+ V.A.T

I'm the one in conversation with Barclay Card trying to answer Barclay Card questions

like how much savings I had a the time and my employment status etc

the claim is from January 4th 1999 and can't provide the documents for Barclay Card for how much money coming in and savings etc as to far back

,it's now at decision makers with Barclay Card apparently

but still keep asking these questions after many phone calls giving this information while Black Pearl sit back and wait.

All I want to know is two things

1 can I pull the plug on Black Pearl and

2 without the documents of money coming in and savings Barclay card asking for have I got a claim?

Some details of claim is I had a £2000 credit card with some sort of insurance that covered me when I come out work policy took out January 4th 1999

Hi guys I'm in the process of 2 PPI claims one with Barclay card and the other Capital one both started by Black Pearl Claims Ltd .

I was just wondering if I could pull the plug on Black Pearl Claims as they are charging me 30%+ V.A.T and I'm the one in conversation with Barclay Card trying to answer Barclay Card questions like how much savings I had a the time and my employment status etc the claim is from January 4th 1999 and can't provide the documents for Barclay Card for how much money coming in and savings etc as to far back ,it's now at decision makers with Barclay Card apparently but still keep asking these questions after many phone calls giving this information while Black Pearl sit back and wait.

All I want to know is two things 1 can I pull the plug on Black Pearl and 2 without the documents of money coming in and savings Barclay card asking for have I got a claim?

Some details of claim is I had a £2000 credit card with some sort of insurance that covered me when I come out work policy took out January 4th 1999

Impossible to give much advice based on this information. You need to check the terms of your contract with Black Pearl. If it does allow for cancellations, it will only allow them up to the point a final decision is received and you may find it levies an extortionate "admin" or "service" charge.

As for point (2) what were your grounds for complaint? It is impossible to advise on this without knowing what you have complained about. If you don't know then it probably means that Black Pearl just sent a typical CMC template letter alleging allsorts on your behalf. In this instance it is a lottery since you don't know what they've said, your own answers may completely contradict it, or they may find another reason to uphold the complaint based on their own records.

If you can't remember the answers to the above questions then it doesn't necessarily mean your complaint won't be successful, however, it rules out uphold on the grounds of ineligibility (since you don't know what job you were doing) or (in the event of an advised sale) that you didn;t need the PPI (you don't know what your employment, income or savings were).

My complaint is that I didn't ask for the insurance or need it at the time let alone when I came out of work I never got any kind of insurance of them after I told them I came out work I have told them where I thought I worked at the time and under terms of conditions is I can cancel unless I have received the money so yes I may have answered my own question there but what effect would it have on the claim if i cancel Black Pearl?oh and lastly the last thing I heard from Capital one is they needed signature so I sent a copy of my signature two weeks ago.

My complaint is that I didn't ask for the insurance or need it at the time let alone when I came out of work I never got any kind of insurance of them after I told them I came out work I have told them where I thought I worked at the time and under terms of conditions is I can cancel unless I have received the money so yes I may have answered my own question there but what effect would it have on the claim if i cancel Black Pearl?oh and lastly the last thing I heard from Capital one is they needed signature so I sent a copy of my signature two weeks ago.

It would not have any impact in the slightest. Banks treat CMCs with something between freezing courtesy and utter contempt. They will be glad to dealing you directly as it will make them more confident they are getting the truth rather than a fairy story.

As for not asking for it, this will depend on what their investigation unearths. I have seen cases where people have sworn blind to this, only for a sighed application or call recording to be turned up proving they did. Assuming not and if you sound credible and believable you are in with a decent shout. Unfortunately the bit about not receiving payment when you came out of work won't help, this wasn't at the point of sale but later on and you would have had to contact the insurer and claim on the policy (not to mention that it won cover all loss of work anyway, obviously I don't know your circumstances but it wouldn't cover voluntary resignation or dismissal through misconduct).

Thanks Hort what action should I take now I'm unsure what to do next never done this before ?

I suggest letting both the bank and the CMC know via both telephone and recorded delivery post that you are dispensing with the services of the CMC.

update... Cancelled Black Pearl Claims.

This morning I noticed £490 went in the bank no info on statement just 13 numbers and automatic pay in could this be my PPI? as Barclaycard did take my bank details in previous conversation if it is why haven't they told me so I could argue it or agree I thought they gave you offers first before settlement I'm confused HELP!

They hope you don't question if its correct

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

that's what I thought dx but still not sure at the moment if it is them waste of time asking the bank there useless RBS also I'm pretty sure it should be 2 yrs worth as Barclay Card did say they can only go back to 2001 yet the PPI was put on in January 4th 1999 the amount doesn't seem much for 2 yrs but then I haven't got a clue on these things

UPDATE yes the £490 is my Barclaycard but I have not recieved any letters saying how it's calculated or anything should I SAR them or wait?

There's no point SARing, it won't tell you anything of relevance. Just ask them for an explanation of the amount and how it is calculated.

thanks Hortz for replying i'll ring them tomorrow .

Another query I've recently cancelled Black Pearl but they were persuing Capital One credit card account but I've had no contact from Capital One to get account number or reference number to persue them myself any ideas?

Is the card stilll listed on your credit report??

Might give the info

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

thanks for replying dx100uk the credit file I have only goes as far as 2004 and it's not on that

thanks for the quick response d100uk the only credit report I have is with noodle used to have one with Experian but cancelled it anyway the credit reports I hae only go as far as 2004 and the card is not on there

thanks Hortz for replying i'll ring them tomorrow .

Another query I've recently cancelled Black Pearl but they were persuing Capital One credit card account but I've had no contact from Capital One to get account number or reference number to persue them myself any ideas?

Contact them yourself and ask for the details. Then just write to them outlining what your reasons for complaint are.

this is what I got this morning from Barclaycard no offer just straight into bank.Does this amount seem right for 2 yrs insurance January 4th 1999 to 2001?

This is all totally dependent on your card balance and the amount you paid in premiums between those dates.

which department of Capital One do I ring up to get the information and what do I say to them I have no statements or any kind of documents I just know I was self employed when I had the card but not sure when I got the card either