• Tweets

• I told them that it was an accident and that I used the oyster card as my debit card was lost. However, they did an investigation and realised it was not a one off. I have told them how remorseful I feel and how a criminal conviction would result in expulsion from my degree but they still want to take me to court. I have received the court summons letter
    • 20 million quid on just the brokering fee for a crappy deal with the UK public hocked to pay more for PPE - which was probably useless with better and cheaper per item with no 20 million quid fee - available from alibaba Stinks of corruption to me.  
    • Breaking News Biden wins Kennedy family endorsement Fifteen members of the storied Kennedy political family endorsed U.S. President Joe Biden at a Philadelphia campaign event on Thursday, with some joining him onstage, in a rebuke of Robert F. Kennedy Jr's independent bid for the White House. and 30 members in the extended Kennedy family   nytimes.com WWW.NYTIMES.COM Kennedys endorse Biden over their relative RFK Jr WWW.BBC.CO.UK Robert F Kennedy Jr is running for president as an independent - but many family members oppose him. More than a dozen Kennedy family members endorse Biden, snub RFK Jr. | CBC News WWW.CBC.CA President Joe Biden accepted endorsements from at least 15 members of the Kennedy political family during a campaign stop...  
    • Speaking of Frost and Johnson the corrupt liars' grate deal they forced through   Shortages of life saving medicines has become ‘new normal’ for UK after Brexit WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK ‘The medicines supply chain is broken at every level,’ warns Dr Leyla Hannbeck   "Professor Tamara Hervey, of the City Law School, said: “There is nothing inevitable about this ‘new normal’ where Great Britain is isolated in efforts to manage fragilities in global supply of the products and people we need to run the NHS. It is the consequence of policy choices and those could be different.”     Mind you, the private sector is making hays while the NHS is burned. Private health insurance market grows by £385m in a year amid NHS crisis | Private healthcare | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM Demand for private treatment booms as NHS waiting lists remain long, while more people also sign up for dental cover  
    • That's an idea on Maquarie. On being accountable, you also have to blame Ofwat and possibly the Environment Agency although they've been badly defunded. I put the Frost article up for balance.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Barclaycard Default Notice Removal **Claim settled (probably)**

bradybunch
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2906 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Caggers,

I have gained immensely from the advice on this forum...thanks for that everyone.

I need help in removing a DN from my credit file please.

The entry was made in Aug 2010 by Barclaycard for #492.

I have emailed CEO using one of the sample letters on here and got a response from a lady called Judith Hayes.

She has promised to send statements and records.

She also mentioned that some of the charges are made up of PPI, Penalties and Interest charges.

This is a cummulative total of the charges vs credit limit

Credit Limit vs Balance History

2009 2010 2011

Jan -61 -232

Feb -94 -232

Mar -128 -232

Apr -163 -232

May -200 -232

Jun -226 -232

Jul -229 -232

Aug - 232 -232

Sep -232 -232

Oct -13 -232 -232

Nov 30 -232 -232

Dec -28 -232 -232

Ideas and suggestions all welcome.

Thanks

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would send them an sar get all the statements

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks dx100uk .

I will dispatch the letter asap and provide regular updates here

The lady I spoke to said she will include a final reply and if I am not satisfied I should go to the ombudsman.

my fear is that I am currently in the middle of a mortgage app and they have brought this up.

Is it worth speaking to the lady again to get this removed as it appears that the charges tipped the account into default?.

The original limit was 260 pounds and accrued charges is now 232 pounds.

Would I be able to use this as leverage to get the DN removed?

you need to prove that the PPI+the int it got charged

and

the PENALTY [£12 fees]+the Int they got charged

to the point of the Default notice

would be more the balance claimed on the DN

if you can

the default must be removed.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Bradybunch and welcome to CAG

Stay OFF the phone and keep everything in writing only. You need proof of all exchanges so stick to email or written letters.

Getting a DN removed is not easy. And there are no likely shortcuts. I very much doubt you'll get the DN removed by talking to the lady you've referred to.

If you don't have all the a/c statements, get the info with the SAR, so you can see exactly how much you've been charged in PPI and penalty charges.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thanks dx.

i have attached a screen grab of the CRA entry.

credit limit was 260 in Nov 2009,

credit card balance was 230

in Dec 2009 there was a missed payment and a 58 pounds charge was applied

which took the card over its limit and increased by about 30 pounds monthly till Aug 2010 when it was defaulted.

Hi guys, Barclaycard have sent some documents back to me from 2007.

They also sent a FORMAL FINAL NOTICE (CALDER) and a DEFAULT NOTICE ( MERCER). nothing officially from Barclaycard.

Credit Limit: 260

Dec 2009: balance was 288

Jan 2010- June 2010: £12 (over limit charges) + £12 (late payment penalty) monthly

June 2010 -Aug 2010: £12 (over limit charges) monthly

PPI Nov 2007- June 2010: £68

This is meant to be the FINAL response and I have been referred to the FOS for escalation.

I am hoping to argue on technicalities and the charges plus int (8%).

Is this the right way to go please.

Thanks guys

Hi BB,

There's another way to tackle this - reclaim all penalty charges plus compound restitutionary interest at 24.9%.

Read through a few of the recent **WON** threads here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?97-Barclays-BCard-and-Woolwich-successes

Put the penalty charges on a compound int't spreadsheet and let us know the totals for charges and for int't.

Court action against BC may be quicker, more rewarding financially and a way to get BC to remove all adverse data about the a/c.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi Slick,

Thanks for your response. I had the account between 2003-2010 (year of default) and the last payment to the account/card was in Nov 2009. In calculating the cumulative interest on charges etc, should I use the period Dec 2009-Aug 2010, or Dec 2009-Date? I have also read somewhere that where a DN was not served by the original creditors, such DN will be deemed invalid. Is this correct?... thanks

Edited by bradybunch
Attach documents

Hi BB,

Use a compound interest spreadsheet to list the date, narrative and amount for each charge when it was made by BC.

All the info you need will be in the *WON* threads I referred to above.

Hi Slick,

Thanks for your help with this. do I need a SAR at all or should I just go with what I have?

Can anyone please point me towards where I can get a Prelim claim template please.

Thanks

BB

Edited by bradybunch

Hi BB,

If you're sure you have all statement data for periods when you suffered penalty charges, go with what you have.

If you are missing statements for periods when you may have been charged, send off an SAR.

Your spready looks ok so far EXCEPT you should not include the interest charged by BC each month. That is taken care of by claiming restitutionary interest.

Thanks Slick.. Just to re-cap

1. The end date in the spreadsheet is an excell formular =Today() and not the date of Default. Is this correct?

2. If the numbers are good, then the next steps are

2a Sent a Prelim Claim letter (Can you please refer me to where I can get a template for this?)

2b if response is negative, send an LBA letter (Can you please refer me to where I can get a template for this?)

3. If response is not satisfactory, GO TO COURT

The aim of all thes is to get the DN removed and the charges erased.

Have I missed anything?

interest on std bal needs removing.

if not already done

leave the claim to date calc alone

if you look in this forum

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?97-Barclays-BCard-and-Woolwich-successes

the rest of what you need should be detailed in won threads

and they

Hi BB,

1. The spready always uses the current date when it's opened and that's correct. So each time you open it, the interest will have increased from the previous occasion. The Default date is not relevant.

2.a&b. Prelim Claim/LBA letter here from our Library - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?405889-LEGAL-Reclaiming-Credit-Card-Charges-Preliminary-Letter-Before-Action

3. Correct.

Use your time wisely while waiting for Barclays to reply. Read through the *WON* threads and make notes about reclaiming and about getting a DN removed.

Do the research so you can run your claim properly.

Hi BB,

I suggest you start a separate thread in the PPI forum to deal with this aspect of your case.

PPI is dealt with differently and you will not claim the PPI as part of a court claim, nor will you seek restitutionary compound int't.

Read threads in the PPI forum and Stickies there to get an idea of how to reclaim the PPI properly.

Dealing now with the penalty charges, I note there are 12 more £12 charges on the 2nd sheet that weren't on the 1st one.

Did you originally miss these ?

Slick, that was an excellent spot. I missed them initially. I have included charges from 2007 in the updated version of the spready. I will claim for the charges and do the PPI separately. I have attached my Prelim Letter.

thanks for your help Slick

Hi BB,

One tiny suggestion :-

Para 3 - "...... and I also claim restitutionary interest of ......"

Otherwise, the letter looks good to go.

Follow up with the LBA after 14 days but update the letter to reflect the slightly higher interest that will show in the spready.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Slick, fired the first salvo (preliminary letter) two weeks ago and I have not received any response from BC. I will be sending the LBA on Monday. Do I need to introduce the Sempra case and the Kleinwort case as well in the LBA? Can these be introduce in the POC later if I don`t introduce them now?

Hi BB,

No need to mention Sempra Metals or Kleinwort Benson in the Prelim or LBA. Have you taken time to read through other cases as these will tell you almost everything you need to know.

You need only mention briefly that you will rely on the 2 cases in the POC.

You'll only go into more detail when it comes to preparing evidence (generally referred to a your court bundle) to present for your case.

Update on this case. I received this letter from BC. It looks pretty similar to what others have gotten or am I missing something. I am sending my lba on Monday regardless. BC have admitted that they have charged me more than £12 in the past so I am also sending a SAR.

Hi BB,

I assume you don't have all your statements for the a/c. A SAR to BC now will probably only disclose data for the last 6 years unless you take the matter further.

What data DO you have.