Fedex admin charges and Control account plc DCA problems

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3111 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

all the common carriers charge an admin fee for customs clearance and the alternative is for you to do the paperwork yourself.

To do this you need an EORTHI,

the 11 digit tariff code,

the code for the transport hub exit and entry points

and you have to provide this to Customs before the items pass through the bonded hall

and pay the iimport duty and VAT before they release the goods.

If you delay the paperwork you have to pay storage charges.

Now, I reckon it will take you a fortnight to get the forms and the codes needed are fouind in a 3 volume £600 book.

Still fancy saving that £12?

If it is a genuine one off I would be apologising to them,

explaining that this wasnt made clear and ask for a bit of slack and they will often cancel.

Hi ericsbrother,

Thanks for the reply.

As I have written earlier it is not the money but the way in which it is assumed that they can charge what they like and not get challenged.

They just billed me £12 with no explanation as to what it related to other than the generic term 'Admin' Is £12 good value?

Was I given the option to decline and do as you suggest?

If you engaged a company to cut your grass for an agreed price (say £25)

and when finished they came back and informed you that an extra amount of £50 was due

because they had also cut your hedge as it was needed (in their opinion) to access the lawn.

Would you pay?

Once again thanks for you view.

They are doing bits that the law requires them to.

The contract for delivery is with the sender, not you, even if you have paid for it.

Any contract you have with both the seller of the item and the shipper cannot override the legal obligation to pay the charges due to HMRC

so you and they have no choice in paying this.

The shipper cannot let you wander around a bonded warehouse so the chances of doing the paperwork yourself

at the exact time of arrival in the EU are next to zero so they do it for you and charge you £12 for doing so.

part of this cost is also for the credit they have extended to you for paying the taxes on your behalf and £12 is pretty good in the schame of thisng.

Try importing things by sea container,

the paperwork cost abut £125 via a shipping agent and they do nothing more and often less than Fedex as far as tapping things into a computer goes.

Unfortuanately, your analogy is not applicable.

A better one would be you hired someone to cut your grass and deliver the cuttings to the dump.

He cuts the grass for £25 but then charges you £10 for the licence to dispose of the clippings.

You dont want to pay but he cannot return them to you under the EPA nor can you

or he dispose of them any other way so you are stuck with the bill or a prosecution

So many people think that when they order something off the web that is that.

They actually have some responsibilities themselves and ignorance is no defence in law.

You need to add these things into the overall cost of the purchase and then you may well find that buying in the EU is cheaper overall.

BTW, the EU get all of the VAT raised from imports, not our Govt so the better our economy the lazier the bureaucrats in Brussels can be.

"BTW, the EU get all of the VAT raised from imports, not our Govt so the better our economy the lazier the bureaucrats in Brussels can be".

The member states may keep a certain percentage to cover the costs of their national customs organisation.

In the case of the UK, our customs service as a whole is funded directly through revenue raised via import duty, not the domestic tax payer

Your argument is with HMRC and nobody else end of story, pay the £12.00 and think yourself lucky it will cost a lot more in court, then get on with your life. If you do not want to pay charges then fly out and pay for it but declare on arrival = I know which is cheaper!

Must get on and help genuine peeps with their problems.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Hi Old Cogger,

Thanks for your input.

I have (as mentioned earlier) actually paid FedEx direct the £12 and received an email from them notifying me that the account has been settled in full.

The more worrying turn is that I have now been contacted by the DCA demanding their costs of £25.

Advice on this would be appreciated and hopefully I qualify as a 'genuine peep' ?

Hi obiter dictum,

Thanks for the response. The company are (drum roll) ... Controlaccount. Based in Worcestershire. They have made my life quite unsettling for the last few months

with their stream of ever demanding letters and phone calls.

Hi obiter dictum and Old Cogger

Once more thanks very much for your input and advice. It looks as though I have two options. Ignore them and wait for them to 'run out of steam' or send them something in writing in the hope that they will desist from contacting me.

All this hassle sure makes me wish that I had paid the £23 to FedEx in the beginning (sigh!).

I will have to have a think about this and let you know the outcome.

Once again thanks for the help

Personally I'd be ignoring them entirely, getting in to a game of letter tennis with these clowns only encourages them and makes the

believe they're actually giving something back to society, nothing more than oxygen thieves. Ignoring them is the best option,

they don't get delusions of grandeur then!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi to everybody who is interested

Just to let you know that the demand from Controlaccounts has gone up from £25 to £65 in only 5 days.

Once again the letter is quite menacing and demanding. Ignoring it is quite a challenge.

Well, this is how i fought Fedex and Control Account. Dont ignore this I think, lets settle this.

Emails below;

I got a response for my brother who went from £11 to £80 very quickly.

[email protected] - Fedex UK MD

[email protected] - Control Account Director

[email protected] - Control Account Director

[email protected]

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

The only way he DCA can charge so called admin charges is if they were assigned the debt and it was in the original FedEx terms and conditions they could levy such charges

As the account was still with FedEx and not sold to the DCA, and you settled your liability in full with FedEx

The DCA can go and swivel as there is no contractual obligation for you to pay this erroneous collection charge