Profiled Cars in Pitsea, Essex - say new 30 day rule is NOT retrospective.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3109 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As stated the car has warranty and the car is going to an independent garage for the knock to be assessed. The garage will then speak with the warranty company and decide if anything will be fixed. As you can see from the email the dealer sent me,he is suggesting miss use and using the new MOT in his defense.

I'll report back in due course. Thanks again for the input.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The MOT is only valid as to the road worthy of the vehicle at the time it was tested, and only those things that are tested as part of that MOT

The dealer is blowing hot air

Just like the car's blower on cold setting.

I was looking to go see a car on their website today, also my girlfriend needs a new car after her engine failed last week.

Im glad that I saw this post! I will get something in writing 2 cover myself from them before I buy anything.

Edited by HondaRCR

You cannot have your statutory rights taken away even if you signed a chit saying you relinquish all right and have it witnessed. It can't be done and will not be recognised in court.

Make certain you take a minimum test drive of 10 miles and try to include dual carriageway and a steep hill. An around the block test is no good and will show up nothing. If they try and limit your test drive by saying there is no fuel in the car, then either say no to that car, (no matter how nice it looks), or tell him you will put in a couple of gallons. If you do the latter and they say no, then you'll know instantly to walk away.

I was looking to go see a car on their website today, also my girlfriend needs a new car after her engine failed last week.

Im glad that I saw this post! I will get something in writing 2 cover myself from them before I buy anything.

I would advise against it. There are other issues that I am not making public because of legal reasons.

So the plot thickens.

The Garage just called and confirmed that the rear wishbone bushes are shot and a CV boot is split.

They haven't got an answer from the warranty company as yet.

I asked the garage if the car should have passed the MOT and he said NO.

The MOT was done on the day I bought the car and only had an advisory for a tyre.

What should I do next please ?

The testing center if not named will have their number on the certificate. As he said the test was done at an RAC test center, you report that test center to both the

RAC - Mr David Bizley Technical Director - [email protected]

Mr Chris Woodhouse Chief Executive - [email protected]

and the DVSA - [email protected]

You copy the report that you have been given and send it by recorded delivery to the seller and give him 14 days to do a refund stating further action will be taken if not actioned.

After the 14 days if he hasn't, then you send a letter before action saying the same thing and ending with action will be taken in 7 days without any further notice.

Don't threaten court if you won't go through with it though. People like this rely on the threat being bull and the customer not going through with it so making a threat and then not following it up plays right into their hands.

You could also write to the editor of your local paper, sometimes they will like to get their hands dirty and investigate as it would give them a good story.

That vehicle is now no longer your propery, you have rejected it

The car is the problem of both the mechanics and Profiled Cars

Profiled Cars have committed an offence by selling you an unroadworthy car. And the MoT testing station that passed it also committed an offence. Tell Profiled Cars that if they do not refund your money immediately and take the car back you will sue them in the small claims track of the county court for breach of contract by selling you an unroadworthy car, you will bring a criminal prosecution against Profiled Cars r for selling you an unroadworthy car, and you will take steps to have the licence of the MoT station withdrawn by VOSA for illegally passing an unroadworthy car.

Edited by obiter dictum

That vehicle is now no longer is your propery, you have rejected it

The car is the problem of both the mechanics and Profiled Cars

Profiled Cars have committed an offence by selling you an unroadworthy car. And the MoT testing station that passed it also committed an offence. Tell Profiled Cars that if they do not refund your money immediately and take the car back you will sue them in the small claims track of the county court for breach of contract by selling you an unroadworthy car, you will bring a criminal prosecution against Profiled Cars r for selling you an unroadworthy car, and you will take steps to have the licence of the MoT station withdrawn by VOSA for illegally passing an unroadworthy car.

Sounds good in principle but as I say the dealer has already started to suggest miss use. I don't think he's going to roll over but I'm mad as hell now tbh. No car either.

so....

a bent MOT as well as the 'niggles'

What an idiot the dealer must be. It beggars belief - it's just a stupid thing to do.

I hope it all works out for the OP

I hope so also and further, I hope they don't let this rest.

For info OD, VOSA is now DVSA (Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency)

Use the template in post 8

Mention Vosa and section 75 Road Traffic Act and selling an unroadworthy Vehicle as well

Ask the mechanic at this garage if you can have a copy of the report with the faults listed on the QT

Thanks - I'm not sure what template that is ?

So I called DVSA and they said I could challenge the MOT and they would call me in 5 days. The warranty company have refused to pay anything at all. The repairs cost £320.00 for both front wishbone rear bushes and a CV boot. Not a happy bunny now.

I emailed them about buying a car and to confirm they will cover any faults found as I heard from someone else about issues (here). They said this:

We refund all genuine claims, we sell at least 5 cars per week and have never had any problems yet, unfortunately there are some low intelligence people out there, who are not reasonable , this must be one, we have traded for 12 years no problem

Regards Px

I wont go near them now, very obvious they are dodgy, and insulting their customers.

I emailed them about buying a car and to confirm they will cover any faults found as I heard from someone else about issues (here). They said this:

I wont go near them now, very obvious they are dodgy, and insulting their customers.

i was looking at car on their site & checked google reveiws

looks like this guy got a van with iffy tyres even tho it had a mot ! then i saw this post to !