• Tweets

• I'm still pondering/ trying to find docs re the above issue. Moving on - same saga; different issue I'm trying to understand what I can do: The lender/ mortgagee-in-possession has a claim v me for alleged debt. But the debt has only been incurred due to them failing to sell property in >5y. I'm fighting them on this.   I've been trying to get an order for sale for 2y.  I got it legally added into my counterclaim - but that will only be dealt with at trial.  This is really frustrating. The otherside's lawyers made an application to adjourn trial for a few more months - allegedly wanting to try sort some kind of settlement with me and to use the stay to sell.  At the hearing I asked Judge to expedite the order for sale. I pointed out they need a court-imposed deadline or this adjournment is just another time wasting tactic (with interest still accruing) as they have no buyer.  But the judge said he could legally only deal with the order at trial. The otherside don't want to be forced to sell the property.. Disclosure has presented so many emails which prove they want to keep it. I raised some points with the judge including misconduct of the receiver. The judge suggested I may have a separate claim against the receiver?   On this point - earlier paid-for lawyers said my counterclaim should be directed at the lender for interference with the receiver and the lender should be held responsible for the receiver's actions/ inactions.   I don't clearly understand that, but their legal advice was something to do with the role a receiver has acting as an agent for a borrower which makes it hard for a borrower to make a claim against a receiver ???.  However the judge's comment has got me thinking.  He made it clear the current claim is lender v me - it's not receiver v me.  Yet it is the receiver who is appointed to sell the property. (The receiver is mentioned/ involved in my counterclaim only from the lender collusion/ interference perspective).  So would I be able to make a separate application for an order for sale against the receiver?  Disclosure shows receiver has constantly rejected offers. He gave a contract to one buyer 4y ago. But colluded with the lender's lawyer to withdraw the contract after 2w to instead give it to the ceo of the lender (his own ltd co) (using same lawyer).  Emails show it was their joint strategy for lender/ ceo to keep the property.  The receiver didn't put the ceo under any pressure to exchange quickly.  After 1 month they all colluded again to follow a very destructive path - to gut the property.  My account was apparently switched into a "different fund" to "enable them to do works" (probably something to do with the ceo as he switched his ltd co accountant to in-house).   Interestingly the receiver told lender not to incur significant works costs and to hold interest.  The costs were huge (added to my account) and interest was not held.   The receiver rejected a good offer put forward by me 1.5y ago.  And he rejected a high offer 1y ago - to the dismay of the agent.  Would reasons like this be good enough to make a separate application to the court against the receiver for an order for sale ??  Or due to the main proceedings and/or the weird relationship a borrower has with a receiver I cannot ?
    • so a new powerless B2B debt DCA set up less than a month ago with a 99% success rate... operating on a NWNF basis , but charging £30 to set up your use of them. that's gonna last 5mins.... = SPAMMERS AND SCAMMERS. a DCA is NOT a BAILIFF and have  ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter WHAT its type. dx      
    • Migrants are caught in China's manufacturing battles with the West, as Beijing tries to save its economy.View the full article
    • You could send an SAR to DCbl on the pretext that you are going for a breach of your GDPR . They should then send the purported letter of discontinuance which may show why it ended up in Gloucester and see if you can get your  costs back on the day. It obviously won't be much but  at least perhaps a small recompense for your wasted day. Not exactly wasted since you had a great win  albeit much sweeter if you had beat them in Court. But a win is a win so well done. We will miss you as it has been almost two years since you first started out on this mission. { I would n't be surprised if the wrong Court was down to DCBL}. I see you said "till the next time" but I am guessing you will be avoiding private patrolled car parks for a while.🙂
    • It is extremely disappointing that you haven't told us anything about the result of the hearing. You came here at the very last minute and the regulars - all unpaid volunteers - sweated blood trying to get an acceptable Witness Statement prepared in an extremely short time. The least you could have done is tell us how the hearing went, information invaluable for future users. Evidently not.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Penalty notice for incorrect vehicle registration on ringo app

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3110 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm hoping someone can help.

For months, I have been using the Ringo app to pay for my parking at my local train station (South West Trains),

which is monitored by CP Plus.

The problem is that, when I set up my account, I accidentally entered my vehicle type (POLO) instead of the car registration.

It's not very clear in the app. The field says 'Vehicle' and inside the box, in faint grey letters, it says vehicle registration.

On 10th July 2015, I received a penalty notice.

I assumed it was an error, as I knew I had paid, so chose to ignore it.

Then, on 23 September 2015, I received another fine and that's when I realised something was wrong and realised my error.

I have also received a letter from CP Plus (they obtained my details through the DVLA), chasing me for the first ticket.

I appealed to CP Plus with proof of payment (I had not realised my error when I wrote to them but I provided my proof of payment).

I received the below response:

Thank you for your email regarding the above Penalty Charge Notice (PCN).

I will offer the following comments as to why this PCN was correctly issued and is still payable.

My findings

The site in question is subject to terms and conditions, which are stated on signs throughout the area.

As these terms were breached on the date in question, a PCN was correctly and legitimately issued.

Please be advised that there has not been a RingGo payment for the vehicle registration,

-my registration is entered here-

What you need to do now

Please pay £120.00 by 14th October 2015.

What will happen if you do not pay what you owe

If the amount is not paid by the date shown above,

we will recommend that court action be taken to recover the outstanding balance.

What if you do not agree

Although any correspondence that does not provide further evidence will be noted and retained,

I cannot guarantee that we will reply to it.

More information

· This Penalty Charge Notice was issued under section 219 of the Transport Act 2000, Railway Byelaws section 14.

· If you are not satisfied with the outcome of the appeals process you can write directly to South West Trains

using the address below.

Customer Relations

South West Trains

Overline House

Southampton

SO15 1GW

What's VERY odd here as well is the £120 charge.

The full charge on the notice is for £80 with a reduced charge of £50.

So not sure why they are asking for £120.

I realise it's my fault (human error) but the fact is that parking was paid on both occasions, meaning they have not lost business.

Surely it would not hold up in court if it goes that far?

I am absolutely devastated to face having to pay a total of £200 or more in parking fines,

in addition to what I already paid for parking :(

hoping there is someone who can help me craft a strong appeal to have both fines cancelled.

I can obtain an appeal template from Ringo

and I have payment receipts I can provide for both dates

that state my car make, vehicle type and colour and payment card.

But any further advice of what to include would be much appreciated!

Thanks! N

are you SURE that this says PENALTY Charge Notice

as CP Plus are a private parking Company

and cannot issue Penalties Nor Fines.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

no it doesn't

they cant use the words penalty nor fine

unless they are operating on behalf of swt which I don't think any station carparks are anymore

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

upload

convert to pdf basically but redact first

dx

and they

"More information

· This Penalty Charge Notice was issued under section 219 of the Transport Act 2000, Railway Byelaws section 14."

Does this impact on normal advie offered to victims of PPC's?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

as far as I am aware no private parking company can issue Penalty Charge Notices on behalf of a train operator/owner

lots of threads here already on this subject with CP plus and railways parking.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?432886-South-West-trains-station-and-the-private-company-was-CP-Plus-Byelaw-section-14

post 7 is the bit to read

and they

Byelaw 14 is very specific and is a criminal matter so no charge notice can be sent out,

just a notice of intended prosecution and a court will then decide if you have to pay up as it is for trespass on railway property.

The parking co can act on behalf of the railway but not in this case,

they are just after parking money as a fine goes to the government, not them.

These bandits often claim they are acting in a certain manner

when what they are doing is bamboozling you into thinking that the money they are after is actually owed when it isnt,

this is just their pocket money.

You havent trespassed and havent caused them a loss.

Tell us the dates of the parking events and how this matches up with the demands they sent you

as they have to issue them within certain time frames.

Attached is a scan of my second ticket that I received in September (front + back)

+ a scan of the penalty notice reminder I received last month for my first penalty noticed (received in July).

The ticket from July is exactly the same as the one attached.

Dates of parking events:

My first ticket was received 10th July 2015 (reminder is dated 15 September 2015).

My second ticket I received 23 September 2015.

Both times I paid for the day (for which I have receipts) so definitely not trespassed or caused them a loss.

I did make the mistake of not providing an accurate vehicle registration.

The vehicle make, type and colour were all listed correctly though, and parking was paid on my credit card (registered to myself - owner of the car)

CP+ cannot issue a Penalty Charge Notice and then add money on top. They either follow the byelaws ( and make no money from it ) or try and get money

via a parking charge notice.

Please find out why, who and if the POFA was used as regards to your personal information being given by the DVLA;

[email protected]

Customer Complaint Resolution Team

D16W

DVLA

Swansea

SA6 7JL

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...arging-to.html

I will write to the DVLA and find out. Ideally, I would like to submit a strong appeal on the basis that I have paid in both instances. My hope is that, if they can tell I am well informed of my rights, they might be more likely to cancel the tickets. I'd really hate to have to end up in county court. They have clearly rejected my first appeal but not referred me to an independent appeals service (like POPLA). Would you recommend I write to them again, once I hear from the DVLA? If so, what should I include/request?

Wait until the DVLA respond and also, as they havent given you details of how to appeal they have 35 days to supply this so the clock is running down for them. I hope you didnt say you were driving, that makes the PoFA almost irrelevant apart from the appeal rights andas they knwo you were driving they can ignore you at this stage and deny you your rights.

My email doesn't state I was driving but I does state I had paid via Ringo and attaching my receipt in the hope it would be cancelled as clearly, I had paid. See below. Have I ruined any chance? :O

"Hello,

I received a penalty notice reminder in the post for the date above. This parking ticket was issued to me in error. I had paid via Ringo in advance of receiving this ticket - see my Ringo receipt attached (with time and date also clearly outlined in the confirmation below).

Please confirm you will cancel this ticket and all records associated with this event!"

Their reply was the one I posted in my original post at the top of this. As you can see, no mention of a reference number. I just double checked the email. I know you have 28 days to appeal with POPLA so I was considering doing this. But are you saying the ticket will be deemed invalid if they don't provide one in 35 days? If not, I might be running a risk letting my chance to get a reference number and appeal expire? But if it does make it invalid, that's great news as I doubt they will email me one, unless I request it! And I could submit a similar appeal for the second ticket and let them respond without one there as well.

No, if they dont send it out they lose the right to chase you. Each event must produce its own paperwork so they cant rely on one notice to keeper for several events. Can you imaging the propbelems that would create with a car hire firm? Exactly why the law is specific about this.

Now, about your complaint to the DVLA, how is that going?

Hi.

It was sent and I'm still waiting to hear back.

I have heard they can be notoriously slow and don't always reply.

As for the 35 days, I have read in places the 35 day rule was discarded in 2013?

I.e. parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/popla-discard-35-day-rule-bpa-ltd-code.html

- if this is the case, I should maybe just hurry up and get a code?

My thought would be to write back to CP Plus, just simply demanding a POPLA reference number and stating I intend to,

not only appeal, but also report the failure to disclose this to me to the BPA and the DVLA unless the ticket is cancelled with immediate effect.

I doubt they will do this but I actually think I might stand a very good chance of getting these tickets cancelled via POPLA on the following grounds (separately, not together):

1. In both instances parking charges was paid in full, in the belief the parking was fully compliant with the Railway Byelaws

that CP Plus are claiming have been breached. Proof of purchase available on both occasions.

There has been no loss incurred to CP Plus, or their client South West Trains in either of these instances.

2. The penalty reminder received demands payment for "a total amount due: £120" with no explanation or breakdown of this charge provided,

which is extremely misleading.

The original penalty charge notice issued is for £50, or £80 if paid after 14 days.

No explanation or follow up correspondence has been provided to explain the £120 charge.

In addition to this unjustified chage, I could mention I find the £120 charge unfair, given parking was paid in full in both instances

and no loss incurred (proof of payment will be provided).

3. CP Plus have acted misleading (in point 2) and also breached the BPA Code of Practice by failing to provide a POPLA reference code, following their rejection of my inital appeal (email can be provided as proof). I feel unsure, making payments to a company, breaching BPA and DVLA codes of practice.

4. Signage at the location is misleading with regards to what constitutes a breach for non-display tickets (photos can be provided as evidence).

Sign 1 (photo) states that "A Penalty Notice for £80 will be issued / and or a wheel clamp will be applied,

if you park without displaying a valid parking ticket, permit season ticket or pay by phone authorisation".

Sign 2 (photo) states: "Have you paid and displayed your ticket? Warming. A charge notice or wheelclamp may be fitted

to any vehicle in which a valid parking ticket is not displayed.

All vehicles are parked subject to the railway byelaws and conditions and any breach may result in prosecution".

Sign 3 (photo) states: "Pay to park by mobile phone. No need to display a ticket. For more information and VAT receipts please see myringo.co.uk".

Definition of what constitutes a breach of Byelaws in relation to non-display tickets paid via the Ringo app is not made clear.

Points 3 and 4 might be pushing it a bit - I could omit.

Points 1 and 2 should suffice?

If I do hear back from the DVLA and there's relevant information

, I could include this in my appear also.

What are you thoughts on this approach?

I also forgot to mention: If you refer to the scan of the penalty charge reminder - nowhere does it mention SWT (other than in the parking location). It says at the bottom: "This Penalty Notice is being administered by Parking Collection Services on behalf of our client CP Plus Ltd." which conflicts with signage at the location - very misleading it could be argued.

NO,

the code is valid from when they send it, you dont have to do anything.

Can you imagine the scenario?

They try and take you to court and the first thing you say is that they didnt give you a valid POPLA code

and you want the matter referring back to POPLA.

The judge would be livid his court's time has been wasted when there is an alternative that the parking co has signed up to and they havent used it.

It does not matter that the period has exceeded 35 days,

they are obliged to furnish it or they cannot continue to claim from you.

it is not relevant land so their tardiness in responding is down to the fact they dont have any right to chase you and they know this.

They rely on you fretting and then deciding to pay up rather than play the long game where their deceit is uncovered.

Stop trying to dance to their tune and let them spend their money.