Parking Charge Notice, Doncaster airport

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3096 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please can you help. I received a parking fee from Vehicle Control Services for parking at Doncaster Airport for 47 seconds. This was due to my 5 yr old niece taking off her seatbelt whilst driving. I pulled into a bus stop to sort it out. It was on Sunday 5th July. I appealed on 18th July and VCN rejected this on 4th August. Then I appealed to the Independent Appeals Service and they rejected my appeal. I've just received a Notice of Intended Court Proceedings dated 22nd September. I would like some advice about what to do asap, as it requests I settle this by 6th October.

I've been in touch with Citizens Advice Bureau and have tried POPLA and British Parking Association, but they can't help as VCS is a member of IPC not BPA.

From looking on forums, I'm guessing I just wait now for a court date?

Hi and welcome to CAG

The IPC are not as independant as they like us to believe. They will generally come down on the side of the company over the consumer.

While they do take court action on occasion, a well defended action will see them off as they tend to rely on default judgements.

In my opinion you should follow your own advice and wait for a court claim.

In the meantime, check out to see if the airport roads are covered by any by-laws which override VCS and if you live near the airport, photograph the signage.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Please can you help. I received a parking fee from Vehicle Control Services for parking at Doncaster Airport for 47 seconds. This was due to my 5 yr old niece taking off her seatbelt whilst driving. I pulled into a bus stop to sort it out. It was on Sunday 5th July. I appealed on 18th July and VCN rejected this on 4th August. Then I appealed to the Independent Appeals Service and they rejected my appeal. I've just received a Notice of Intended Court Proceedings dated 22nd September. I would like some advice about what to do asap, as it requests I settle this by 6th October.

I've been in touch with Citizens Advice Bureau and have tried POPLA and British Parking Association, but they can't help as VCS is a member of IPC not BPA.

From looking on forums, I'm guessing I just wait now for a court date?

I assume that you have identified the driver in your appeals?

Could you post up a redacted copy of the IAS rejection text please.

Even if they are chasing you as driver, then the airport is still covered by byelaws. The byelaws seem to have disappeared but they must by law be available to the public.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/182616/response/454224/attach/html/4/131126%20L%20DM%20FOI%20reply%20to%20Mr%20D%20Swales%20F0010742.pdf.html

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/182616/response/454224/attach/html/3/Airports%20Act%201986%20Byelaws.pdf.html

Get a copy of these byelaws.

VCS will not want to go to court and have their ' nice little ' earner exposed and closed, so these byelaws must be mentioned in further correspondence .

The IAS rejection text will also help it not going to court as well. (need to see it though.)

I would contact the airport and see what by-laws are in place, even if the airport don't actually enforce them. If the by-laws haven't been repealed or replaced then they should still be in force which negates any pretend power VCS seem to have.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Airport covered by its own byelaws so not " relevant land" as far as PoFA goes. Tell VCS to f*** off as it is nothing to do with them. They know the score but continue to carry on as ignorance is a nice little earner for them. They should have had their corporate collars felt by now but airport makes money out of all of this so things just carry on.