12 Points on licence

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3118 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

My friend has 12 points on his licence and had his exceptional hardship plea accepted and he had the following

3 points for wrong direction July 2012

3 points for mobile phone Nov 2012

6 points for Speeding (SP30 i think) Dec 2012

I undertand 3 points are physically removed after 4 years, but off the record really after 3 years.

Please explain what this means, so the first 3 are removed already as its been 3 years now what about the rest?

Thanks!

Driving licence 'points' run from the Date Of Offence (not the date of conviction) and are valid for 3 years from the DOO and are physically removed from the driver record after 4 years from the DOO (DDxx and certain other offences excluded)

Given the list above...

3 points from July 2012. No longer in force, will be removed from the driver record in July 2016.

3 points from Nov 2012. Still in force until XX November 2015, will be removed from the driver record in Nov 2016

6 points from Dec 2012. Still in force until XX December 2015, will be removed from the driver record in Dec 2016

They had a busy year!

Effectively, you, sorry, your friend has 9 current points.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

The 6 points for speeding in Dec 2012 will all be removed together.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Just remember, in this case, points do not mean prizes

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

I think that you should tell your friend to grow up

Bare in mind that for some crazy reason your friend will have to declare the points to the insurance for 5 years.

Even if the points are removed, they now have access to a common database and they will know that you have not answer correctly to the 5 years question

This is true, but note that under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act most motoring convictions take 5 years to become spent - even though the endorsement may be removed from your licence sooner than that. This is why most insurers ask if you've had any convictions in the last 5 years. So the "Friend" will have to keep declaring all the convictions until July 2017.

Thanks for that link mikeymack.

So his points expire 3 years from the date of offence, so he has 6 points currently and the other 6 will be removed before the end of the year, just as someone else said earlier.

As for me, I also checked my licence.....and luckily my points have all gone as its 3 years since the date of offence and luckily not the date of conviction (which is 8 months after!!)

Thanks!