You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• https://www.nationaldebtline.org/EW/factsheets/Pages/debtrelieforders/droadvice.aspx   https://www.nationaldebtline.org/EW/factsheets/Pages/debtrelieforders/droadvice.aspx
    • I would have thought it easier in small claims.  Your wife very kindly and considerately wrote to her employer offering more notice than she was obliged to do.  No doubt she had the best interests of her employer in mind and wanted to give them adequate time to plan ahead and find a replacement.  To her amazement, her employer took advantage of her kindness and unreasonably treated her notice as taking immediate effect, blah, blah blah.   Personally, I think an argument like that is quite likely to succeed in small claims where they won't be accustomed to arguing the niceties of employment contracts.  It's obvious your wife is being taken advantage of.   Again, I think you are more likely to get an even-handed and fair hearing in small claims than at an ET.   However, I'm not a lawyer and I'm definitely not an employment lawyer.  See what others advise and whether anybody else thinks it would be easier and more likely to be successful simply to sue.  (Oh - and remember if you want to sue them for the money you've got six years to do so, whereas the time limits for ETs are ridiculously tight.  Can't remember off the top of my head but is it something stupid like 60 or 90 days?  Ridiculous).   Of course there may then be issues about getting future references from them.  But if you go down the ET route that'll likely be a problem anyway.    
    • say i was going to write to all these about the debts and try get deal to reduce monthly payments and stop all interest do I write to them first or do I stop payments then write to them ?   Same if I was going for a DRO do I just sort out and apply for that first or stop all payments then apply for it .   Also I see for a DRO it says ive got to go through  an authorised debt adviser so who do i go to about this and at moment we still on lockdown here in wales and not many places open .   Last off ive asked regarding pro rata forms and still cant find any 
    • Yes but I think in a small claims court it will be far harder to prove. I have plenty of evidence to discredit the Director but again it could still not be enough.   She will be a month with no money and I think it’s far more risky than a tribunal where this action alone could result in the desired outcome.   I have said to her to request a face to face meeting to enable both parties to conclude, ideally resolve and at that point we can decide what action we wish to take.    
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 6 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1728 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

So Corbyn is going to address a rally by the left outside the tory conference hall in Manchester breaking an unwritten rule that the opposition don't interrupt a party conference.

Yesterday lefty troublemakers were out in force I see with their Union banners, their calls of 'out out' and throwing eggs.

How disgusting, they really have shown their mettle and mentality. Why shout out and democracy in the same breath, if they had got of their fat backsides last May and gone and voted they would have been in power now.

Is anyone that bothered ?

There have been protests outside party conferences for years. Normally the leader of other parties does not turn up, but Corbyn is not a conventional person. He voted against Labour under Blair/Brown, more than many Tory MP's.

I can remember Countryside Alliance holding protests outside Labours conference and I think some Tory MP's turned up. I seem to remember arrests by Police and muck being spread by a tractor. Also Tory activists tried to interrupt constituency visits by Miliband at the election.

Politics is turning a bit nasty in this country, which puts me off.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

So Corbyn is going to address a rally by the left outside the tory conference hall in Manchester breaking an unwritten rule that the opposition don't interrupt a party conference.

Yesterday lefty troublemakers were out in force I see with their Union banners, their calls of 'out out' and throwing eggs.

How disgusting, they really have shown their mettle and mentality. Why shout out and democracy in the same breath, if they had got of their fat backsides last May and gone and voted they would have been in power now.

Protesting is a legitimate democratic right.

It tends to make me a bit put off as well, but to not get involved in the diplomatic side instead of these childish Union rallies which achieve nothing except disrepute and confirmation of the mentality of the sort of people who think they know best.

It tends to make me a bit put off as well, but to not get involved in the diplomatic side instead of these childish Union rallies which achieve nothing except disrepute and confirmation of the mentality of the sort of people who think they know best.

I think it is a waste of money and they would be better to spend the money protecting their members.

They can campaign in other ways to make their point.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

look at your history

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Well i will not say to much.

But here are the kind of people who go to these rallies and protests.

Five videos and a story of the day when many people from this country had their say at the last Tory Conference in Manchester.Same hotel.

And listen to the words on the song.A break between posts.That is all.

First time photographer so not the best but tried.

To get the 5 videos and the story of the day watch on you tube then links back to the Consumer Action Group.

That is your opinion. However These Childish Rallies have been the driver of activity that have helped bring in a lot of protection for workers and the wider public in the past. They are anything other than childish.

Rallies generate publicity and highlight legitimate issues. Rallies have been held by many groups throughout history not just trade unions. Showing what you stand for and fighting for your principles is in fact a an adult thing to do.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

How disgusting that the Tory government has begun a Partisan attack on how Labour is funded despite an unwritten agreement that any review on Politcal Party Funding would not be done in a partisan fashion.

Whats good for the goose......

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

How disgusting that the Tory government has begun a Partisan attack on how Labour is funded despite an unwritten agreement that any review on Politcal Party Funding would not be done in a partisan fashion.

Whats good for the goose......

I told my local MP who lost to a Tory at the election that the Tories would prioritise Labours union funding, while doing nothing about large personal donations and election spending.

The Tories are gerymandering the system in a way that Labour would never attempt. Labours always looked for a non partisan way forward.

This is all political BS saying that Trade Unions fund the labour party

The majority of Trade Union members have withdrawn the political levy from the political fund.

The labour party receives very little now in donations from Trade Union membership

I do wish people would not believe this propaganda at face value all the time without checking facts first.

The majority of trade union members despise the labour Party Executive because they do not act in the best interest of their members.

I would be more concerned with the likes of Wonga buying political influence through political donations, or media barons in bed with the executive. That is the real threat to democracy. You only have to look across the atlantic. Look at Fox News (Murdoch)

The NRA is a prime example of political influence with money and power despite the daily carnage with guns in schools

All political parties are corrupt

All private political donations need to be made illegal with the treasury giving a political fund equal to all parties for election campaigning. If this does not stop we will see our politicians next wearing Wonga or Bet Fred badges like snooker players

Edited by obiter dictum

Just heard a quote, 'work hard like the Americans'. Now it's more clear to me where we're heading, the signs have always been there though. They have workers that rely on tips. They have private medical insurance. This reminds me of the American guru advisor in their 80's government.

Just get on with building homes which UK citizens can afford to buy or rent on average wages.

McDonalds workers are on $7.25 an hour minimum wage across the pond with a two job economy just to survive

That is about £5.00

I will fight to my dying breath the possibility that being imposed in the UK

It is high time for me to put an end to your sitting in this place, which you have dishonored by your contempt of all virtue, and defiled by your practice of every vice; ye are a factious crew, and enemies to all good government; ye are a pack of mercenary wretches, and would like Esau sell your country for a mess of pottage, and like Judas betray your God for a few pieces of money.

Is there a single virtue now remaining amongst you? Is there one vice you do not possess? Ye have no more religion than my horse; gold is your God; which of you have not barter'd your conscience for bribes? Is there a man amongst you that has the least care for the good of the Commonwealth?

Ye sordid prostitutes have you not defil'd this sacred place, and turn'd the Lord's temple into a den of thieves, by your immoral principles and wicked practices? Ye are grown intolerably odious to the whole nation; you were deputed here by the people to get grievances redress'd, are yourselves gone! So! Take away that shining bauble there, and lock up the doors.

In the name of God, go!

Oliver Cromwell - April 20, 1653

Edited by obiter dictum

Just heard a quote, 'work hard like the Americans'. Now it's more clear to me where we're heading, the signs have always been there though. They have workers that rely on tips. They have private medical insurance. This reminds me of the American guru advisor in their 80's government.

Just get on with building homes which UK citizens can afford to buy or rent on average wages.

Didn't someone say something about working hard "like the Chinese"? Jeremy Hunt, maybe? Because, you know, if there's one thing wrong with this country, it's that it's not enough like China.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

McDonalds workers are on $7.25 an hour minimum wage across the pond with a two job economy just to survive

That is about £5.00

I will fight to my dying breath the possibility that being imposed in the UK

It is high time for me to put an end to your sitting in this place, which you have dishonored by your contempt of all virtue, and defiled by your practice of every vice; ye are a factious crew, and enemies to all good government; ye are a pack of mercenary wretches, and would like Esau sell your country for a mess of pottage, and like Judas betray your God for a few pieces of money.

Is there a single virtue now remaining amongst you? Is there one vice you do not possess? Ye have no more religion than my horse; gold is your God; which of you have not barter'd your conscience for bribes? Is there a man amongst you that has the least care for the good of the Commonwealth?

Ye sordid prostitutes have you not defil'd this sacred place, and turn'd the Lord's temple into a den of thieves, by your immoral principles and wicked practices? Ye are grown intolerably odious to the whole nation; you were deputed here by the people to get grievances redress'd, are yourselves gone! So! Take away that shining bauble there, and lock up the doors.

In the name of God, go!

Oliver Cromwell - April 20, 1653

That's not right, the average disposable income in the U.S. is £1,793.67 compared with £1,650.48 in the UK -7.98 %.

The price of a flat per square meter is +166.73 % in the UK

The price of a bus ticket is +74.27 % in the UK

The price of utilities is +40.50 % in the UK

The price of fuel is +140.13 % in the UK

So I think it safe to say the cost of living in the U.S. is a lot lower than in the UK. We need to take all the figures into account, not just a burger shop.

Didn't someone say something about working hard "like the Chinese"? Jeremy Hunt, maybe? Because, you know, if there's one thing wrong with this country, it's that it's not enough like China.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?453351-Jeremy-Hunt-Tax-credit-cuts-will-encourage-people-to-work-harder-...-Telegraph.co.uk(7-Viewing)-nbsp

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/conservative/11911451/George-Osborne-to-sell-off-final-2billion-Lloyds-bank-shares-Conservative-conference-live.html

Yep, Jeremy Hunt believes that reducing/ceasing tax credits will make people work harder !

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Protesting is a legitimate democratic right.

Protesting is, throwing stones and eggs is not.

That's not right, the average disposable income in the U.S. is £1,793.67 compared with £1,650.48 in the UK -7.98 %.

The price of a flat per square meter is +166.73 % in the UK

The price of a bus ticket is +74.27 % in the UK

The price of utilities is +40.50 % in the UK

The price of fuel is +140.13 % in the UK

So I think it safe to say the cost of living in the U.S. is a lot lower than in the UK. We need to take all the figures into account, not just a burger shop.

The US is a big country. The cost of living differences are much wider in the US, than in the UK.

Difficult to make comparisons. Not sure it is worth doing, as i don't think you learn anything.

Pay should relate to the economic benefit it derives, but there should be a minimum.

If you worked in a very busy burger chain in say central London, where your productivity in dealing with thousands of customers every day is likely to be very high, should you get paid more, than less busy outlets elsewhere ? I think the answer should be yes, that employees should benefit from their productivity producing more profits.

People moan about Unions, but even most Tories admit that without Unions workers pay and conditions would be worse. This is what the Unions need to go back to doing, recruiting and representing workers. They have lost members, as people are not sure what benefit they receive from membership.

It seems that only one side of the story is being looked at. There are income tax benefits to make up for it but no one ever reports that:

A one earner couple with two children earn £25,000. They would lose out on an extra £75.40 in child benefit and £420 in tax credits, including Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit. So they will not get an increase of £495.40 in total. But they will gain £500 from the increase in the personal allowance to £12,500, meaning an overall gain of £4.60.

A single person aged 30 is earning £12,000 a year, working over 30 hours a week. In 2017/18 they would lose out on an extra £120.00 in Working Tax Credit. But they will gain £400 from the increase in the personal allowance to £12,500, meaning a gain of £280.

A couple are both working earning £13,000 a year and have one child. Both of them are earning £13,000 a year, and both are working over 30 hours a week.

They lose out on an extra £44.20 a year in child benefit and £310 in child tax credit and working tax credit. So they will not get an increase of £354.20 in total. But they will gain £1,000 from the increase in the personal allowance to £12,500, meaning a gain of £645.80.

Share or comment on this article

Source: Deloitte

Why is the system so complicated ? Just pay people properly, have understandable tax bands and don't have all the tax credits, allowances etc.

The problem they have is that no one is brave enough to just scrap the current system and replace it. They are so worried by the politics of winners and losers, that they just tinker around with it.

I would also look at changing the current state pension system. I think people should see a percentage of their tax going towards a state pension investment. There should be certainty about retirement age and what pension they are likely to receive. Government moves the goalposts, depending on state finances.

Uncle B, by having such a complicated tax system permits a certain sector to find loopholes. If it were simplified then that wouldn't be possible.. heaven forbid that those who have been finding ways to avoid paying their tax should suddenly find they have to ?

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Is the IFS an impartial body?

So if a government body themselves say the sums don't add up, how can one argue that they do?