Scotland rejects Government Anti Trade Uniuon Bill

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3125 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/trade-union-bill-all-scottish-councils-say-they-will-ignore-controversial-new-law-a6678411.html

First thing, let us not degress into Government or Tade Union slagging off by the usual agent provocateurs

All scottish Councils will reject the Government Anti Trade Union Bill if implemented. That is on top of their decision not to implement any changes to the Human Rights Act. No doubt Northern Ireland will then follow.

I feel the SNP, no matter what their own agenda are are a right thorn in this Governments side. I believe they are a real asset to the United Kingdom in keeping a check on democracy within the member states own constitution

I agree with Corbyn, that the Tories whole agenda is to attack the people that are unlikely to support them. People who are members of Trade Unions don't like to strike, as they don't get paid. There are very few strikes in the UK, compared to other countries.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

This Government has already been told a legal challenge will be made under Article 8 and 11 ECHR if the Bill is implemented into law. That is one of the Arguments the SNP are using, the total disregard for Human Rights legislation

The Government cannot use "Margin of Appreciation" to try and justify such legislation, and the people north of the border know that

Edited by obiter dictum

Opting in has to be the right way and the fairest way. To automatically give money to some party you strongly disagree with is wrong. As the donations have up to now been practically invisible, it can be classed as a con.

It's also fair to let those taking part in a strike ballot know exactly what the strike is for. Just saying 'pay' isn't good enough.

When half a dozen men can force a company to close down and take the pay from hard working family men with children and a mortgage despite the majority of workers not wanting to strike, that has to be the craziest thing ever. It's ok for the Unions commy bosses with their six figure salaries, it doesn't hurt them one bit.

As for the Scots and that fishy man and woman, they will just oppose anything that comes from the south no matter if it's good or bad.

This will be one of the best laws ever to come out of parliament.

Edited by Conniff

Here we go, i wondered how long it would take

I will go back to the original question, not party politics

let us not degress into Government or Tade Union slagging off

This debate is the influence on westminster by the SNP and Stormont wih the majority they now hold with their own Parliaments and keeping the executive in check

nothing more

Edited by obiter dictum

Do you really think that people are that naive they don't know what they're striking for?

"Hard working family men" - I'm assuming you meant hard working people and this was just a slip.

Opting in has to be the right way and the fairest way. To automatically give money to some party you strongly disagree with is wrong. As the donations have up to now been practically invisible, it can be classed as a con.

It's also fair to let those taking part in a strike ballot know exactly what the strike is for. Just saying 'pay' isn't good enough.

When half a dozen men can force a company to close down and take the pay from hard working family men with children and a mortgage despite the majority of workers not wanting to strike, that has to be the craziest thing ever. It's ok for the Unions commy bosses with their six figure salaries, it doesn't hurt them one bit.

As for the Scots and that fishy man and woman, they will just oppose anything that comes from the south no matter if it's good or bad.

This will be one of the best laws ever to come out of parliament.