BBC reports are emotional blackmail.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3125 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It is difficult to believe that the BBC, which once was held in great respect

as a truthful recorder of world events, is now a biased corrupt service

dedicated to the manipulation of public opinion.

Yet the official reporting of the migrant crisis is so obviously a biased form

of emotional blackmail that one simply cannot avoid this conclusion. The

BBC constantly shows us close-ups of migrant women and children, yet every

time the camera moves back it becomes obvious that about 85% of each

and every group consists of young males, who appear surprisingly well fed

and well clothed considering their claim as refugees.

Indeed we are occasionally shown huge crowds which are entirely male.

And these males are prepared to resort to whatever force they have available,

as the stone throwers and fence wreckers demonstrate at the Hungarian border.

One migrant grabbed a woman, presumably his wife but who knows, and threw

her on the railway track to prevent the movement of a train.

Ate such people likely to benefit any community into which they move when they

have already demonstrated their contempt for any rule of law which does not

match their plans? Yet our media continues to demand that we should feel a

moral duty to “welcome” these people, who are almost always referred to by the

media as Syrian families fleeing from Assad, when it has now been acknowledged

that the vast majority are from quite different parts of Africa.

Yeah, what?

It's a great testament to the impartiality of the BBC that absolutely everyone thinks it's biased against them.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

You seem to think you are the only person who should be allowed to post on this form???????????

And yes I do post on another forum, is there any reason why I should not????????????

No reason at all for you not to post on another forum, buckthorn :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thank you.

People do not have to agree with me, and I except differing views, after all the Bear garden is supposed to be about debate

if every body thought the same it would be a pretty boring world. Once again thanks.

You must watch a different BBC to me.

Or perhaps, your pre-existing views affect the bias you perceive. Mine certainly do - I think the BBC has a slight but noticeable right wing bias.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I think you hit the nail on the head in post #3, antone. :)

HB

Heh. I remember watching a football match between Scotland and England - I think it would have been in the qualifiers for Euro 2000, so 1999 or so. At the time I lived in London, so I got the English commentary for both legs of the tie. I remember thinking that the two English commentators did a decent job of being neutral, given that they were likely to be supporting England privately.

Anyhow, apparently they got loads of complaints about "bias". Funnily enough, though, they got more or less the same number of complaints about a "Scottish" bias as they did about an "English" bias.

There will always be conflicts, changes in political regimes, famine, disease

and poverty somewhere on the planet. But this can’t mean an automatic

right for hundreds of thousands to head for Western Europe just because

they like the idea of living here.

Traffickers run our borders and together with our weak governments they

are encouraging more and more illegal migrants to risk their lives, knowing

they will be allowed to stay.

It maybe harsh, but until the message is sent out that all illegal migrants

will be returned to their country of origin, there will be no end to the invasion.

There are many safe countries in Africa and Asia where they can settle that

share their culture and religion. In fact, they pass through these on their way

to Europe.

So there is no reason for Western Europe to take in the world’s poor and persecuted.

It will lead to anarchy, chaos, violence and social disorder, as we are seeing in

Lampedusa, Calais (see what happened last night at the channel tunnel) and Greece.

I say to human rights militants, this is not racist but demographic reality because,

within 25 years, European culture will disappear.

I think you you should watch Question time and News night.

the number of viewer's watching these programmes have halved due to bias.

I haven't watched QT in years now - the appalling right wing bias of the questions is nauseating. :-D

I can't find anything to suggest there's been a significant fall in its viewing figures, though. I mean, obviously fewer people watch it now than did in the 1980s or whatever, since there are more channels to watch these days. But it's hovered around 2.7m for a while now, I think.

People should have the right to migrate across this planet in any way or for whatever reason they choose.

It is so selfish and uncaring to criticise those that choose to take the long journey to find peace and happiness because of the system they are forced to live under, when will people realise we are all human beings and want the same things in life, it is the systems we should be fighting not the people.

One day when we discover a meteorite which will cause a mass extinction of the human species and we all head for the nearest habitable planet in our virgin galactic lifeboats, I hope there wont be a border official telling us were not welcome.

You have a bizarre notion of what a militant is.

What actually is a European culture? When I married my partner I was told I was damaging my culture. Yep, marrying a British born man of West Indian ethnicity is so dangerous. Iv heard it all before and no doubt the same argument was put forward when all the 2nd WW refugeess came to the UK. Let's tar them all with the same brush shall we, no exception.

There will always be conflicts, changes in political regimes, famine, disease

and poverty somewhere on the planet. But this can’t mean an automatic

right for hundreds of thousands to head for Western Europe just because

they like the idea of living here.

Traffickers run our borders and together with our weak governments they

are encouraging more and more illegal migrants to risk their lives, knowing

they will be allowed to stay.

It maybe harsh, but until the message is sent out that all illegal migrants

will be returned to their country of origin, there will be no end to the invasion.

There are many safe countries in Africa and Asia where they can settle that

share their culture and religion. In fact, they pass through these on their way

to Europe.

So there is no reason for Western Europe to take in the world’s poor and persecuted.

It will lead to anarchy, chaos, violence and social disorder, as we are seeing in

Lampedusa, Calais (see what happened last night at the channel tunnel) and Greece.

I say to human rights militants, this is not racist but demographic reality because,

within 25 years, European culture will disappear.

Bias depends on who is watching. Sit 10 people in a room watching the same news programme and you will get different opinions.

Does it really matter ?

The migrants are a mixture of people. Yes a good percentage may be economic migrants e.g young men who think they can enjoy a better life in Europe. But there are also genuine refugees and migrants who are suffering on their journeys. Should we ignore those suffering, because well dressed young male economic migrants are travelling the same journey ?

Don't ignore the big picture of what is happening in the world, as all the issues we see are just small aspects. These are the issues we face.

Human population explosion ( now 7.5 billion, will be 11 billion by 2050)

World financial system broken

Climate conditions challenging

Resources increasingly depleting due to more demand

Technology replacing human workforces

Democratic government failures or corruption

If you argue about the politics or news bias, it means you don't talk enough about the challenges the world faces. Globalisation was talked about as being a really positive thing for the world and for some people it has been. But it also creates huge challenges. Western businesses offshored production to cheaper labour economies, so they could make more profits in western markets. But you question whether this is healthy to western economies in the long run. The rise in Chinas economy over the last 20 years is staggering. Western governments now look to China for investment money.

The next few decades are going to be the most challenging most people have faced. Some are predicting another major financial crash within months. The Banks have not really recovered since the 07/08 crash and QE was just a sticking plaster on a fatallly wounded system.

Moan about perceived BBC bias if you like, but don't forget to find out the real issues. There are thousands of news sources available online.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I think anyone who gets their news from a single source, especially those who consider or expect any news from a single source to be complete and impartial, should be watching coronation street, not the news.

I agree that the BBC news is little more than a right leaning government spin outlet, little better than Russia Today, although SOME news programs like daily politics quite clearly (and rightly) give everyone a hard time.

Watch a report on UK news, then watch it on France23, euronews, asljazera and even RT before forming an opinion.

If fact you would be best (provided football, tennis or some reality TV twaddle isn't what you a looking for) watching it on France24 and euronews first, then aljazeera, ...... then Sky closely followed by RT and BBC last.

Its extremely unlikely that the BBC will add anything to your knowledge of the issue except what the UK/US 'official government' stance/spin is. RT will give a very Putin-centric spin on the situation, but will undoubtedly give extra 'information' and perspective to consider not shown on the BBC or SKY.

Example

The americans bombing the sans frontiers hospital for over an hour despite desperate calls to the command centers by the staff.

The Americans will resist using the 'we are here at the behest of the government' so collateral (innocents) damage is not illegal.

This has already been claimed by the US but hushed up on western media, presumably because it would highlight that such issues in Libya and Syria were and are certainly NOT at the request of the governments (hence a breach of international law and war crimes) whereas Russia could and would claim their actions are exactly that in Syria whereas the western coalitions is not. (putin would obviously want his response to be in answer to, and destroying, any US claims rather than originating from him)

Another example

The clouding of the real issues in the middle east

Where without what we would call 'dictators' the tribal, historic and religious frictions expand from minor 'honour' events to all out war between factions destroying the lives of everyone there, especially any moderates.

Especially when the radicals are fed shiploads of better weaponry by people who have no real allegiance to any 'side' but just use them to spread chaos - or worse - want to impose some completely external standards an systems upon the region and people which none of the radicals doing the fighting really want.

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

I think ITV news is the most biased. I call it ' is Tory views'

BBC is pretty neutral

Sky news depends on the presenter. Kay Burley appears more friendly to Tories.

But compared to Fox news in America, i don't find it that bad.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I think ITV news is the most biased. I call it ' is Tory views'

LOL I didn't even include ITV news as worth watching at all.

... Perhaps thats why some people think the BBC is quite good - they only compare it to ITV news.

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

There's none so blind as those who will not see.

Prov. You cannot make someone pay attention to something that he or she does not want to notice. (Used often to upbraid someone for being unwilling to notice what you are trying call attention to.) Mother: This is the fifth time our daughter has been arrested for shoplifting. Don't you think we ought to seek some kind of help for her? Father: Our girl would never shoplift. I'm sure all those arrests were just some kind of mistake. Mother: There's none so blind as those who will not see. By October, it was obvious to everyone that Richard was coming in drunk every morning. Obvious, that is, except to his devoted secretary; there's none so blind as those who will not see.

I think you you should watch Question time and News night.

the number of viewer's watching these programmes have halved due to bias.

true, I stopped watching due to right wing bias.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

true, I stopped watching due to right wing bias.

Do you have any preferred source(s) for your news reports estellyn?

The Tory Legacy

Why would you not be emotionally upset by men facing hardship regardless of where they're from?

Honest question. The notion that they're showing women and children to increase your feeling of guilt is interesting...

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.

Why would you not be emotionally upset by men facing hardship regardless of where they're from?

Honest question. The notion that they're showing women and children to increase your feeling of guilt is interesting...

Perhaps because you see the males throwing bricks and ripping down fences and you see the women crying and holding the crying children?

Perhaps because it is human nature to want to protect women and children (and perhaps 'sexist' in some peoples eyes)?

Which seems to me to support the emotional blackmail stance.

The Tory Legacy