gelato24

Gym/Harlands/CRS

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1442 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

To start my story:

Started 12 month gym membership Jan 2012.

Ended: April 2015.

CRS letter to parents address: Sept 2015.

I personally went into the gym in April 2015 to sign to say that I was cancelling my gym membership,

they said one more payment will be made - these payments were taken out of my bank account and then I stopped my DD at the end of May 2015.

I have called the gym, who said that their records show that I stopped my membership in July 2015 - as soon as I mentioned Harlands they hung up.

Harlands have said they have been repeatedly trying to contact me via letters

- I have moved address but CRS have contacted my parents.

They suggest I owe £25, but because CRS are now involved they are charging an exta £102.

I don't know what to do.

Any suggestions?

you owe nowt!

if you read a few threads here you'll get the idea

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Hi Gelato and welcome to CAG

1. What gym was this.

2. Did you get a copy of what you signed when you cancelled in the gym.

3. Do you know the date you went in and cancelled.

You can ignore Harlands/CRS until we suggest how to reply to them.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thanks for your replies!

Slick, it was xercise4less but I haven't got a copy of when I cancelled - stupid I know. I think it was the 25th of April but I don't have any proof.

Hi Gelato,

It doesn't matter that you don't have a copy of the cancellation form - you'd be amazed at just how many of X4Less's cancellations go "missing" !!

You don't need proof of the day you went in but work it out as best you can and confirm it. Then we'll draft a letter to Harlands.

Edited by slick132

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks for all your help Slick!

I'm 99% certain I went down on the 25th of April to cancel it.

Hi Gelato,

It's important that you give Harlands/CRS your current address, so you always know what they're up to.

I suggest a letter to Harlands at the Haywards Heath address as follows :-

Dear Harlands/CRS,

Please note my current address as shown above.

I refer to my membership at Xercise4Less in [town/city].

I visited the gym to cancel my membership on 25th April 2015 and signed their cancellation form.

I allowed one further DD payment to be taken in May and then cancelled the DD mandate.

Accordingly, I owe the gym nothing further and, if you make any further demands for gym fees or your unlawful admin fees, I will report you to Trading Standards and The CMA without further warning.

Yours faithfully,

Get a free certificate of Posting at the PO counter when you send it.