Returned online order in good condition - they say it is damaged and won't refund me!

fairfield9
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3120 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, hoping someone can advise on this please!

I have been ordering clothes from an online retailer for around five years now with no problems. On my last order I returned some of the items, only to then receive an email from them saying that one of the items was damaged so they won't be refunding me for that item. :!:

I immediately told them that the items were fine when they left me, so they must have been damaged in transit, but despite numerous emails they are refusing to accept that they could be responsible and simply repeat that the item was damaged when returned to them, so it is my fault, so i am not entitled to a refund. :x

Usually their items are delivered by DHL in a nice strong box, however this particular order was delivered by their own in-house "premier" service which I haven't used before (they were offering free premier delivery at the time), which means that it was delivered by their own driver, and the items were simply bundled into a cardboard carrier bag, not protected in a box. So they could easily have been damaged in transit (for example some items were on hangers, others were just wrapped in tissue paper and could have easiy snagged on one of the hangers).

But I have no way of proving that they were in fine condition when they left me - it seems to be my word against theirs.

I have been a loyal customer of this website but all they say is thank you for your custom, sorry for the inconvenience, but the item is faulty so we're not refunding you.

Do I have any rights at all? Seems pretty strange that an online retailer can just claim that items were damaged and you have no recourse - particularly when it is their own delivery service so you can't claim against the transit company.

Grateful for any advice please! :???:

Edited by citizenB
spacing