Cabot Showing Account in Arangment at CRA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3093 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi not sure if this the right forum (please move on if incorrectly placed) but I would like some advise.

I had a loan with Northern Rock and I asked to reduce my payment on the loan as I was struggling to make the payments.

The loan went via the government to Marlin financial who contacted me and I agreed to increase the payment amount. (I was now in a better situation and this suited me to pay the loan of quicker).

A few months before the final payment was due I had another letter informing me that the loan had now been passed onto Cabot financial and I did not need to do anything as the DD would just continue.

I made the last few payments and thought that was that but; When I checked my credit score I found that the loan was not marked as being settled and it was also showing an arrangement in place for the last three years plus. I have contact Cabot about this and the have sorted out the loan showing as settled but think that it should show as having an agreement in place.

I would like some advise as I did not sign anything with Northern Rock just a phone conversation about reduced payments and I have never entered into any sort of agreements with either Marlin or Cabots. This has greatly affected my credit score and if it possible to get it removed I would like to.

So I suppose the question is can it be removed and is it right to report a payment agreement when I entered into no agreement with either Marlin or Cabot, and I never signed anything for Northern Rock.

what do you mean by via the govt?

and is the debt defaulted in its summary

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Northern Rock was baled out by the government they sold on these loans later. Some including mine went to Marlin Financial.

No default showing on my credit record and I did not receive any default notices. Not too sure what you mean by in it's summary.