Link Financial - Good news for a change!

angeljs
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3117 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My husband and I have settled any debts a long time ago,

it was a bit of a shock when a company called Link began telephoning our unlisted landline and demanding I confirm my identity over the phone.

They phoned daily for some time, and wrote regularly. I was wracking my brains trying to think of anyone we'd missed all those years ago, but couldn't.

I ignored them for some time as I was sure I owed nobody anything, but the letters began threatening legal action, as they do, so I CCA'd them and they dropped the case immediately!

Although this is a good result, I'm still a bit confused as to who they are, where they got our info, and who they think we owe money to. Do you think it's worth following up or just forgetting forever?

Realise the impotence of proofreading everything you write.

Most DCAs use tracing services if they don't have their own. If you have given out your phone number to any company without checking what they will do with it ensures that it will be on the net somewhere.

Have you actually received a letter from link stating that they have dropped this? If not, I expect they will resurface again or pass it on to some other bottom feeder.

Personally, I would do nothing

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Have you checked your credit records to see if Link have been doing searches on those ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I haven't checked the records, and I do have a letter stating that they will not be taking any further action. It's just weird that they didn't state who the supposed debt was from and how much it was.

Realise the impotence of proofreading everything you write.

they didint stae why they were bothering you because they know there is a very good chance they were chasing the wrong person. They probably did this to everyone with a similar name in your county. If one of those people is scared into agreeing to paying them then their task is done

Definitely check your CRF, you could make a tidy profit out of this if they're foolish enough to have been marking your file.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Definitely check your CRF, you could make a tidy profit out of this if they're foolish enough to have been marking your file.

Are they really stupid enough to mark several people with the same name's CRF? If so Class Action is now permissible in English Jurisprudence.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Are they really stupid enough to mark several people with the same name's CRF? If so Class Action is now permissible in English Jurisprudence.

DCA's aren't known for their intelligence!

Blanket bombing of addresses with residents of the same name is common practice due to their ''high tech'' tracing skills.

So I wouldn't put anything past them no.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!