Hoist/Cohen Claimform - old Cahoot Loan 'debt'

Mr-Pieman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2852 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok well ill merge the threads then

but lowells and cohen that you mention earlier are nowt to do with hoist / robbersway

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks DX,

I sent CPR 31.14 today Special Delivery I had to print it at a friends

I have requested the following pretty much the standard template.

1. Copy of the CCA +T&C

2. Default Notice

3. Statements

4. Assignment Notice and proof of service.

5. Termination Notice

Lets see what the postman brings.

Out of interest would you get in touch with the original OC to ask why the PPI wasn't refunded?

Thanks

have you done AOS?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

have you done AOS?

Hi dx

Yes AOS all done.

Defence needs to be in by the 29th of May by my calcs (26th April was issue date).

My cpr also asks for an extension in writing which they will ignore.

Thanks

and you should never ask for!!

dx

and they

Morning all,

I just received the standard CPR reply from HC this morning.

We acknowledge receipt of your letter dated made under C.P.R. 31 .14 for documentation mentioned in our Particulars of Claim.

We are currently in the process of retrieving the documents requested.

Therefore, please accept this letter as our agreement to a general extension of time. Once we have provided you with the documents requested we will grant a further 14 days for you to respond to the Claim Form as you feel appropriate.

So no date when they expect to have the documents there's a surprise, but they will grant 14 days after I receive them. I wonder if they would try for a Summary Judgement if I miss my defence date waiting for documents????

Standard letter so I will stick with my date for filing a defence, which is nearly done.

Thanks

Cant get a Summary Judgment without making application...which is only possible after a defence has been submitted.....I think you refer to a default judgment.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Sorry Andy, yes that's what I meant a default judgement.

Meaning of ‘default judgment’

12.1 In these Rules, ‘default judgment’ means judgment without trial where a defendant –

(a) has failed to file an acknowledgment of service; or

(b) has failed to file a defence.

(Part 10 contains provisions about filing an acknowledgment of service and Part 15 contains provisions about filing a defence)

:thumb: Just submit your defence by the specified date.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Hi,

quick question about the defence i have read loads on here.

Generally do you make the Claimant work for everything

or for example if you think you recognise the account number

and you are maybe aware of say PPI or think an Invalid DN was received

or believe a settled account was shown in CRF would you mention those in the defence ?

Would it be better to mention in your defence that for example the DN was invalid?

or Mention that the OC was supposed to refund a large amount of PPI but never did?

or do you keep it simple and pop everything in your witness statement

Thanks in advance

Everything simples as per the Legal Success Forum...you particularise in your witness statement.

Right then 1st draft of defence

POC

1. This Claim is for the sum of £ 4***.00 in respect of monies owing pursuant to The consumer credit Act 1974 (CCA) under account no.

2. The debt was legally assigned by OC to the Claimant and notice has been served.

3. The Defendant has failed to make contractual payments under the terms of the agreement. A default notice has been served upon the Defendant pursuant to Section 87(1) CCA.

The Claimant claims

1. The sum of £ (less than 10k)

2. Interest pursuant to s69 of the County

Court Act 1984 at a rate of 8.00 percent

from the date to the date hereof xx days is the sum of

3. Daily interest at the rate of £ yy

4 . Costs

Defence

1. I MR P of SOMEWHERE am the Defendant in this action and make the following statement as my defence to the claim made by DEBT BUYER LTD.

2. The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

3. Paragraph 1 is noted I have in the past had a financial relationship with OC.

4. Paragraph 3 is denied as the Defendant maintains that a default notice pursuant to Section 87(1) CCA was never received.

5. On the DATE MONTHS BEFORE CLAIM I made a legal request by way of a section 77-79 (CCA1974) to the Claimant. The Claimant has yet to comply with the request. I have also requested further information to clarify the Claimants claim by way of a CPR 31.14, again the Claimant has yet to comply.

Therefore the Claimant is put to strict proof to:-

(a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement; and

(b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and

© show and evidence any breach.

6. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

7. By reason of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

Thanks in advance

you don't need your no.1.

you need to refer to their point 2

and they

Right then 2nd draft of defence Thanks DX

Additions in green

POC

1. This Claim is for the sum of £ 4***.00 in respect of monies owing pursuant to The consumer credit Act 1974 (CCA) under account no.

2. The debt was legally assigned by OC to the Claimant and notice has been served.

3. The Defendant has failed to make contractual payments under the terms of the agreement. A default notice has been served upon the Defendant pursuant to Section 87(1) CCA.

The Claimant claims

1. The sum of £ (less than 10k)

2. Interest pursuant to s69 of the County

Court Act 1984 at a rate of 8.00 percent

from the date to the date hereof xx days is the sum of

3. Daily interest at the rate of £ yy

4 . Costs

Defence

1. The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

2. Paragraph 1 is noted. I have in the past had a financial relationship with OC, but I do not recognise this specific account number or recollect any outstanding debt. I have sought clarification from the Claimant.

3. Paragraph 2 is denied. I am unaware of any legal assignment or Notice of Assignment pursuant to the Law and Property Act 1925 Section 136(1) from either the original creditor or DEBT BUYER.

4. Paragraph 3 is denied as the Defendant maintains that a default notice pursuant to Section 87(1) CCA was never received.

5. On the DATE MONTHS BEFORE CLAIM I made a legal request by way of a section 77 (CCA1974) to the Claimant. The Claimant has yet to comply with the request. I have also requested further information to clarify the Claimants claim by way of a CPR 31.14, again the Claimant has yet to comply.

Therefore the Claimant is put to strict proof to:-

(a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement; and

(b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and

© show and evidence any breach.

6. As per Civil Procedureicon Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

7. By reason of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

Thanks in advance

just to revise your calcs

your filing date is by 4pm Friday 27th

and they

time limits on CPR/CCA are pretty much meaningless once a claim form has been issued.

and they

Thanks DX.

Would it hurt if I filed early as I may be out of the country next week?

File as close as to the deadline as you can, if that means on the way to the airport, so be it.

You dont want to give them any more time to concoct booshee than you have to

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Just realised you can save your defence on the MCOL site without submitting so its ready to be submitted.

On a slightly different note I found a handy site for working dates out

http://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadd.html

You have to tweak the 33 days to file slightly to 32 but its better than counting.

thanks again everyone

Not really...but considering they inflate their claims by adding sec69 into the debt claim before its judged ...then adding it to your CRA,s default seems logical...they have to balance their books..even if inflated.