Can Baillif company add all the fees before they visit newlyns & 2012 CTAX LO

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2801 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Never heard that saying before (Khafkaesque) but it certainly fits this situation.

Thank you brassnecked, you have given me a new word to bandy around, now

Just need to manipulate a conversation where I can throw the word Khafkaesque

into it and sit back with a smug and superior look when people ask me what it means. :madgrin:

From Wikipedia, the nub of what kafkaesque means

Franz Kafka was a novelist his work was surreal.

From the Wiki entry

"His work, which fuses elements of realism and the fantastic,[3] typically features isolated protagonists faced by bizarre or surrealistic predicaments and incomprehensible social-bureaucratic powers"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franz_Kafka

If that doesn't fit Leakie's predicament, what else does? Bailiffs and council blundering on adding fees passing the account back and forth like a tennis ball, with common sense out of the window.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most certainly does brassnecked, lets hope someone at the council takes ownership of this

problem and see's how illogical it is all becoming with them not excepting payments that affordable

rather than a the person get in to more debt because they are taking payments from elsewhere to

pay the CT and then get late payment fee's from companies for doing so.

Regards to all.

Well just arrived back home from work in France, 2 days earlier than expected.

No correspondence from Rossenedales, yet so I will give them a call in the morning.

So I have not earnt as much as I thought I would, but at least it is more than normal.

I will be able to offer a small amount once paid.

Thanks for the comments above made me smile

Leakie, on Post 101 Bailiff Advice said this-

Leakie,

I am pleased to hear that the local authority are assisting you. They can if they wish, bring the debts back into their own control but, like many councils, they believe that they cannot intervene when a debt is with the enforcement agencies. This is not the case at all. Hopefully in time, their understanding of the regulations will improve.

and then on Post 140 said it again in a slightly modified form.

I think that I did mention a while ago that the local authority are perfectly able to ask Rossendales to accept a certain amount from you. Have you spoken to them recently?

Way back in Post 65 I suggested that you go to the Council and try and do exactly what BA said was possible. In response Dodgeball poured cold water on my comment and so you may have decided not to try. In the light of BA's comments perhaps it would be worth your while to tackle the Council especially if BA could expand on her assertion that Councils can intervene when a debt is with enforcement companies-perhaps by quoting relevant legislation.

Hi Lookinforinfo

I have spoken to the council a few times,

All I get from them is there is nothing we can do it,s out with enforcement.

But the last conversation was once the agreement is finished and if it is passed back,

they would consider a new agreement plan, as they can see I have kept to this plan.

so from that they do not seem too be prepared too do anything until it is passed back.

I will call Rossendales later to day and see what they have to say then go from there,

I have one more day, until the suspended enforcement comes to an end .

I have just spoken to Rossendales.

I have been informed that it is on hold until 15th September.

It has been passed to the welfare department.

Initially I was told it was on hold for 7 days

I now insisted on speaking to the first person I spoke to on first contact,

as he seemed to be the only one not following a script all the time and used his brain.

At least I can relax a little for the rest of the school holidays with the children.

Leakie

Way back in Post 65 I suggested that you go to the Council and try and do exactly what BA said was possible. In response Dodgeball poured cold water on my comment and so you may have decided not to try. In the light of BA's comments perhaps it would be worth your while to tackle the Council especially if BA could expand on her assertion that Councils can intervene when a debt is with enforcement companies-perhaps by quoting relevant legislation.

LFI, the above is what you said.

I quite correctly pointed out that the council cannot start an arrangment whilst the enforcment was with the bailiff, this has been confirmed several times .

Just to be clear the authority cannot start a repayment arrangment when the account is with the EA.

As both BA and I have said on this thread, the authority can if they wish ask the EA to accept an offer , but the EA themselves will be enforcing it not the authority.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Sorry the edit limitation got me, above, "You said this" it should read:

It would be helpful for you to speak to the Council to get an agreement with them [they know your financial position] thus removing the need for a visit by the EA. You are already stuck with the £75 but if you speak to the right person in the Council [or your local Councillor] you might cobble a deal together that would satisfy the Council and you

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

I have just spoken to Rossendales.

I have been informed that it is on hold until 15th September.

It has been passed to the welfare department.

Initially I was told it was on hold for 7 days

I now insisted on speaking to the first person I spoke to on first contact,

as he seemed to be the only one not following a script all the time and used his brain.

At least I can relax a little for the rest of the school holidays with the children.

Leakie

Leakie,

Well done. At the end of the day, as long as YOU are happy with this resolution, that's great. To say the behaviour has been ridiculous is an understatement, but it's great to see you got there in the end - well done.

Thanks CD

I have not resolved anything as yet,

The welfare department will at some point get in contact.

Then we will see what happens.

DB

This is what I am hoping that the council and Rossers will come to some agreement that I can afford.

But The council can take it back if they wished , but at a cost, this is why most councils do not call them back.

The last time I was in contact with the council,

they would accept a payment plan from me .

1- once the payment plan I have with them at the moment comes to an end,

2- if Rossendales pass it back, as the fee added will be lost.

So once this has happened I would be able to pay the council direct.

Ideally I would prefer to pay the council direct as it would save me £225.00

So we will have to wait and see.

Leakie

Leakie,

As you quite rightly said, this matter has not yet been resolved and instead, has been put on hold for one month. The good news though is that the account is being managed by Rossendale's Welfare Dept.

I would suggest that you now put this matter to the back of your mind and just get on with enjoying the remainder of the summer holidays with your children.

Hi All

I have received letters from Rossendales

They require £3.70 per debt per week.

Sounds OK but it is nearly twice my disposable income.

I have spoken to the welfare department.

The reason they set it at this amount, is because I did not make an offer,

The reason I did not make an offer as I was told they could not wait until the payment plan ended with the Council.

I did offer to do a more detailed I & E, but this was declined.

At first they would not listen,

I said this has been set up to fail, which was denied.

They are now going back to the council for directions.

For the sake of a few months, I will be able to pay £25 a week.

As the council are well aware.

Leakie

Well all I can say is a big thank you to the lady in the welfare department, at Rossendales.

She spoke to the council, and it was agreed that I will pay just one debt at a time.

the other 2 will be on hold, unti the first one is paid off

So I will pay £3.70 until the agreement with the council ends at the beginning of November,

Then it will be upped to £25 per week until paid off.

I hate to say this but I have found that if you get to the right people a reasonable agreement can be reached with Rosser's

And do not accept any bullying from some of the operators reading from there script.

I am in no doubt that if it had been Equita or some of the others this agreement would not be reached.

Past experience

It has been a long road for me over the last few years.

My problems started back in 2009. so hopefully they will be finished before, 2018.

I do understand the need for EA's

but the biggest problem is it is the poorest who suffer the most, with these extra charges.

There are a lot of people who are will not pay.

This is where the EA company's should come down hard.

I hope though on here that will have input into the review , if it happens

can put this point across.

The trouble is the people making the laws have not experienced the lower end

so consider everyone as will not pay,

Until this changes peoples live will not improve

I have one more thing to sort out,

I have found out that I have been charged for an extra 2 months on one of the LO's

but the previous landlord is refusing to confirm when I moved out of my last property.

this would be a saving of £260.00

Thank you for all your comments, I will follow up on some of Newlyn's underhanded ways,

for the sake of others in my situation,

I will start a new thread as and when.

Thank you

Leakie

Leakie,

Thank you so much for updating the forum with this good news.

I can say with all honesty that Rossendales Welfare Department has an excellent team but the problem that they and other Welfare Depts have, is tackling the endless 'claims' of vulnerability. So many people seem to be jumping onto the 'vulnerable' bandwagon and all that this achieves, is to make it far worse for 'genuine' vulnerable debtors as they are viewed with a degree of scepticism.

For example, this morning I received an enquiry from a debtor who has complained to the local authority and enforcement company that his vehicle should be exempt from being taken as he considers that he is 'vulnerable'. He works full time but had a Colostomy 12 years ago. He will not be considered 'vulnerable'.

Back to your case.....once again, WELL DONE !!!

Thanks BA

I think what helped was the letter from Family Solutions,

They only work with families that are classed as Vulnerable,

The only criticism, was the original amount asked for I realised it is not a huge amount,

but if my disposable income is £6.50 then why ask for nearly double.

I was told that they would call me while making a dissension, this did not happen.

Communication is the key. to understand each situation,

any I am happy with the result,

Just need to get the proof of leaving my last property to save some more.

Leakie

Leakie,

I'm so pleased you've got a resolution after everything you've been through. I posted a little while ago that you cannot understand what it is like to have bailiffs at your door unless you've been through it. Despite being shot down in flames at the time, I stand by that comment. It is truly horrendous, and as you say, the charges added (and dare I say tactics used by some) do anything but encourage you to engage with the bailiffs. We did, albeit under the old system, and their behaviour was shambolic. I have little reason to believe things are vastly different now, especially in terms of trying to reach a sensible repayment plan which can be sustained.

BA is right that too many claim vulnerability over things which are not vulnerabilities, or only temporary issues. This does the truly vulnerable a lot of harm, but the bailiff is supposed to look to identify issues of vulnerability, so they are at fault if they fail to do so.

Thanks CD

My situation could improve quite quickly, and back just as quick.

I am looking for a part time job so that I have a regular income,

but I can earn a lot at times in my profession if I have the cash flow.

With regards to experience with Bailiffs, I cannot disagree, my experience have been bad,

but this is why i normally take the options you suggested.

I have lost the fear of them

thanks again

Leakie