Comrade Corbyn silly remarks / Trident

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3129 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Knowing Corbyn he will let the public decide through a Referendum

How quick can we arrange a referendum and get the result, it don't take long for a missile to get here, do you think we will have time.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If nukes come our way Nato will respond in kind

We do not need a deterrent

We cannot even defend our own air space, those russian bombers over the north sea destroyed that myth

They only had to drop one thermo nuclear device and it would have taken out southern england and most of northern europe

Edited by obiter dictum

But we won't get any coming our way, that is what a 'deterrent' is for.

The Russians are 'not' penetrating our airspace.

If they drop one thermo nuclear device, they will get dozens back from Trident hidden somewhere in the Oceans which is why it's call a deterrent.

You are purposely missing the point and adding things on.

"Going back to my earlier post, why sit down with the family and discuss getting a motorhome if the driver says, before that discussion, he will 'not' drive it."

I will believe you know Corbyn when you post up a picture of the two of you having a pint together.

Because the motor home is being brought for the family for family use and others can be given the ability to drive it.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

But we won't get any coming our way, that is what a 'deterrent' is for.

The Russians are 'not' penetrating our airspace.

If they drop one thermo nuclear device, they will get dozens back from Trident hidden somewhere in the Oceans which is why it's call a deterrent.

Providing the submarines are working. To have a permanent at sea nuclear option, you need to have 4 subs. We are not certain at the moment how many we will have.

There was a recent picture of one of the subs in a harbour in the middle east having works done. There have been periods where no sub has been operational.

Having one base at Faslane is not good either. Ideally you would want several base options. Once Cameron has managed to get the UK out of the EU, Scotland will vote for independence and a new sub base will be needed. The only viable option is Plymouth.

There are many defence experts who are critical of the Tories spending, based on money and not requirements. Having no current aircraft carriers to fly fighter jets from and the new carriers not being operational for years is embarrasing to the Royal Navy.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Another point to mention

Once a sub has launched it will be destroyed as it will be immediately detected

Each Trident sub carries 16 missiles

Each missile carries 12 independently targetable nuclear warheads. (MIRV)

So that is a total launched in one go will be 192 independent targeted , or cities wiped off the face of the planet

And the russian subs will do exactly the same to us

Currently the yanks and soviets have about 5000 nukes each

MAD

Edited by obiter dictum

a discussion can be had in order to help others make a decision as to which side they support - people discussing the pros and cons of each side can be informing and help an individual develop an informed opinion on the matter. This is what Corbyn wants, and I'm sure people who hold a differing opinion.

My view is that Trident is expensive - very, very expensive, and we're a small country who can ill afford it. We're part of Nato and are protected by the many, many nuclear weapons that the U.S. have. Money used for Trident could be better used. It seems we have it so we can belong to an elite club, which is a bad reason.

Once the first nuclear weapon is used, it's bound to be followed by more - regardless of what the UK decided, if the French and U.S. disagreed, they would likely act unilaterally anyway. The world be a pretty crappy place after nuclear weapons are used, there would never be just one or two.

I appreciate a politician who states what he believes rather than the majority opinion of a poll or focus group, even if I disagree with their opinion. I'm fed up of sanitised, spun, political bullc**p that has become the norm.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Another point to menion

Once a sub has launched it will be destroyed as it will be immediately detected

Each Trident sub carries 16 missiles

Each missile carries 12 independently targetable nuclear warheads. (MIRV)

So that is a total launched in one go will be 192 independent targeted , or cities wiped off the face of the planet

And the russian subs will do exactly the same to us

Currently the yanks and soviets have about 5000 nukes each

MAD

It matters not how many each have. We carry 12 missilse with 16 warheads in each, that will take out most of Russian.

The submarine will not be immediately destroyed, I can say with certainty that I know more about submarines than you.

Other threads are being shut down because they are going off topic, this one is being 'deliberately' taken off topic.

It has nothing to do with missiles and blowing up half the country, it is as the heading suggest Corbyn and his silly saying

You can't have a discussion about something when you have made up your mind beforehand.

Edited by Conniff

Spy satellites will pick up any launch through heat signatures

The yanks have NORAD, the soviets similar anywhere on the planet, no doubt the chinese as well

They pick up any surface launch Instantaneously and reactive procedures put into place until identified

What corbyn is saying is not silly

It makes perfect sense

He will not push the button

HE WILL LEAVE THAT UP TO NATO

a discussion can be had in order to help others make a decision as to which side they support - people discussing the pros and cons of each side can be informing and help an individual develop an informed opinion on the matter. This is what Corbyn wants, and I'm sure people who hold a differing opinion.

My view is that Trident is expensive - very, very expensive, and we're a small country who can ill afford it. We're part of Nato and are protected by the many, many nuclear weapons that the U.S. have. Money used for Trident could be better used. It seems we have it so we can belong to an elite club, which is a bad reason.

Once the first nuclear weapon is used, it's bound to be followed by more - regardless of what the UK decided, if the French and U.S. disagreed, they would likely act unilaterally anyway. The world be a pretty crappy place after nuclear weapons are used, there would never be just one or two.

I appreciate a politician who states what he believes rather than the majority opinion of a poll or focus group, even if I disagree with their opinion. I'm fed up of sanitised, spun, political bullc**p that has become the norm.

I think we all know what a discussion is. But you can't have a discussion with someone who has already made up his mind and in this case no one will make him change his mind.

I also appreciate someone who speaks their mind, but you can't say firmly and that is your standing on one thing and then say your are going to discuss it. He has never once said he is open to persuasion, so what is the point of a discussion.

Spy satellites will pick up any launch through heat signatures

The yanks have NORAD, the soviets similar anywhere on the planet, no doubt the chinese as well

They pick up any surface launch Instantaneously and reactive procedures put into place until identified

What corbyn is saying is not silly

It makes perfect sense

He will not push the button

HE WILL LEAVE THAT UP TO NATO

Now you really are talking nonsense. Even if they do get the launch platform, it matters not, he has got the missiles off.

I think we all know what a discussion is. But you can't have a discussion with someone who has already made up his mind and in this case no one will make him change his mind.

I also appreciate someone who speaks their mind, but you can't say firmly and that is your standing on one thing and then say your are going to discuss it. He has never once said he is open to persuasion, so what is the point of a discussion.

If you believe that the only point of a discussion is to convince people partaking in the discussion that they are wrong, then you have a very narrow view. Political debates often take place between people of set opinions, and the purpose is to allow the public, the viewers to decide which of the presented opinions they believe. Corbyn's 'discussion' doesn't have to be about whether his opinion can or can't be changed.

Corbyn is just one person, out of over 200 Labour MP's and over 400,000 Labour members. He can state his well known views again and still hold a discussion. As leader of the party, he will have to accept the democratic view of the party. At the Labour conference it was not debated, as several large unions were not happy about impact on jobs.

Is Corbyn silly or just that someone does not agree with him ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

If you believe that the only point of a discussion is to convince people partaking in the discussion that they are wrong, then you have a very narrow view. Political debates often take place between people of set opinions, and the purpose is to allow the public, the viewers to decide which of the presented opinions they believe. Corbyn's 'discussion' doesn't have to be about whether his opinion can or can't be changed.

You're not getting it. Opinions matter not, Corbyn has said "he will not press the button under any circumstances" so what is there to discuss ???

Edited by Conniff

Corbyn is just one person, out of over 200 Labour MP's and over 400,000 Labour members. He can state his well known views again and still hold a discussion. As leader of the party, he will have to accept the democratic view of the party. At the Labour conference it was not debated, as several large unions were not happy about impact on jobs.

Is Corbyn silly or just that someone does not agree with him ?

I don't believe he is silly, but what he has said is. If the whole country wants this deterrent system, it's still no good if he won't press the button. We will need someone who will abide with and carry out the will of the people.

He has also stated he wants to scrap the deterrent

He has stated that for the last 50 years

Does not mean that will happen as that is not his decision to make

He is not a Demagogue

If the deterrent is to be scrapped, that will be through the decision of the electorate, not the executive

Edited by obiter dictum

You're not getting it. Opinions matter not, Corbyn has said "he will not press the button under any circumstances" so what is there to discuss ???

Er, he states his opinion, others state theirs, public then decide who to support - what's difficult to understand about that?

Not really.

Any new nuclear deterrent wont come into effect until 2026 All it means is that if Trident is renewed, he will not be the one to use it. There is a get out clause in that the process for nuclear launch mandate that he nominates a deputy whose name is kept in the sub vault who can authorise launch in his absence or being incapacitated.

His current deputy has made it clear that he supports trident. So therefore if the event arose where nuclear strike was required, JC could resign and pre authorisation falls to the deputy. The deterrent is not reduced and still effective while JC stands by his principles.

That isn't how a launch is initiated.

To be honest no one knows how a launch is iniated as that will be subject to the Official Secrets Act

Considering the whole Trident system is american, that includes satellite telematary supplied by the yanks, if a British Prime Minister ever decided to lauch and press the red button, all that will happen is:

A light will blink on the american presidents bed side table, a sort of bat phone

To be honest no one knows how a launch is iniated as that will be subject to the Official Secrets Act

Considering the whole Trident system is american, that includes satellite telematary supplied by the yanks, if a British Prime Minister ever decided to lauch and press the red button, all that will happen is:

A light will blink on the american presidents bed side table, a sort of bat phone

I say again, you really have no idea, you've been watching too many movies.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3129 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks