• Tweets

• I'm still pondering/ trying to find docs re the above issue. Moving on - same saga; different issue I'm trying to understand what I can do: The lender/ mortgagee-in-possession has a claim v me for alleged debt. But the debt has only been incurred due to them failing to sell property in >5y. I'm fighting them on this.   I've been trying to get an order for sale for 2y.  I got it legally added into my counterclaim - but that will only be dealt with at trial.  This is really frustrating. The otherside's lawyers made an application to adjourn trial for a few more months - allegedly wanting to try sort some kind of settlement with me and to use the stay to sell.  At the hearing I asked Judge to expedite the order for sale. I pointed out they need a court-imposed deadline or this adjournment is just another time wasting tactic (with interest still accruing) as they have no buyer.  But the judge said he could legally only deal with the order at trial. The otherside don't want to be forced to sell the property.. Disclosure has presented so many emails which prove they want to keep it. I raised some points with the judge including misconduct of the receiver. The judge suggested I may have a separate claim against the receiver?   On this point - earlier paid-for lawyers said my counterclaim should be directed at the lender for interference with the receiver and the lender should be held responsible for the receiver's actions/ inactions.   I don't clearly understand that, but their legal advice was something to do with the role a receiver has acting as an agent for a borrower which makes it hard for a borrower to make a claim against a receiver ???.  However the judge's comment has got me thinking.  He made it clear the current claim is lender v me - it's not receiver v me.  Yet it is the receiver who is appointed to sell the property. (The receiver is mentioned/ involved in my counterclaim only from the lender collusion/ interference perspective).  So would I be able to make a separate application for an order for sale against the receiver?  Disclosure shows receiver has constantly rejected offers. He gave a contract to one buyer 4y ago. But colluded with the lender's lawyer to withdraw the contract after 2w to instead give it to the ceo of the lender (his own ltd co) (using same lawyer).  Emails show it was their joint strategy for lender/ ceo to keep the property.  The receiver didn't put the ceo under any pressure to exchange quickly.  After 1 month they all colluded again to follow a very destructive path - to gut the property.  My account was apparently switched into a "different fund" to "enable them to do works" (probably something to do with the ceo as he switched his ltd co accountant to in-house).   Interestingly the receiver told lender not to incur significant works costs and to hold interest.  The costs were huge (added to my account) and interest was not held.   The receiver rejected a good offer put forward by me 1.5y ago.  And he rejected a high offer 1y ago - to the dismay of the agent.  Would reasons like this be good enough to make a separate application to the court against the receiver for an order for sale ??  Or due to the main proceedings and/or the weird relationship a borrower has with a receiver I cannot ?
    • so a new powerless B2B debt DCA set up less than a month ago with a 99% success rate... operating on a NWNF basis , but charging £30 to set up your use of them. that's gonna last 5mins.... = SPAMMERS AND SCAMMERS. a DCA is NOT a BAILIFF and have  ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter WHAT its type. dx      
    • Migrants are caught in China's manufacturing battles with the West, as Beijing tries to save its economy.View the full article
    • You could send an SAR to DCbl on the pretext that you are going for a breach of your GDPR . They should then send the purported letter of discontinuance which may show why it ended up in Gloucester and see if you can get your  costs back on the day. It obviously won't be much but  at least perhaps a small recompense for your wasted day. Not exactly wasted since you had a great win  albeit much sweeter if you had beat them in Court. But a win is a win so well done. We will miss you as it has been almost two years since you first started out on this mission. { I would n't be surprised if the wrong Court was down to DCBL}. I see you said "till the next time" but I am guessing you will be avoiding private patrolled car parks for a while.🙂
    • It is extremely disappointing that you haven't told us anything about the result of the hearing. You came here at the very last minute and the regulars - all unpaid volunteers - sweated blood trying to get an acceptable Witness Statement prepared in an extremely short time. The least you could have done is tell us how the hearing went, information invaluable for future users. Evidently not.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

* Please HELP * GE and the FSA, or how the FSA responded to the GE charges & the PPI claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3122 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Folks!

In December 2011,

GE took us to court as we fell behind with our secured loan with them.

The judge ruled in our favour and suspended the order and we all agreed on a given repayment plan of £156 per month.

I stuck at that for 9 months, with every month calling GE and paying the amount over the phone,

October 2012 when starting a new contract job in London that involved long commuting and even working some Saturdays.

I work in IT btw.

I know it is not an excuse but the commute overwhelmed me in every sense, and I started to get ill too.

I forgot to stick to my repayment.

In December, I left that job after it was agreed that it would be better for my health (with the contracted party).

I started a new job in January full time closer to home but the employer didn't manage to secure a big client

so my wages was a stumbling block for them, so they gave me one week's notice and I lost the job within three weeks of starting.

This is purely because they employed me in anticipation of securing a big contract.

in Februray, 2013 I had a minor stroke, and was in hospital overnight.

I recovered and found another local permanent job.

In February, I made a lump sum payment of £500.

Up until last week, no communications from GE.

Last week thursday,they notified me that they have sought a warrant for possession of the property.

On monday, I called GE, and I offered a lump sum payment of £2000 (Aussie tax refund which I got only few days ago )

and I said with the help of my new job, I can increase my monthly to £500 to help clear any backlog.

The guy at the other end of the phone didn't even hear my offer and said he declined it!

In the end he said come back and when you have a better offer.

I came here for help on this forum and with the help of this forum

and my sister who was a lawyer but now a mum for two little boys, I submitted on thursday a n244.

I made the same offer in my appeal to set aside the judgement.

However, I also called GE automated service and paid £2000 for which I should have it appearing on my statement tomorrow (Friday 19th).

My hearing is on Monday at 10, while the eviction is set for 23 April at 12.30pm

I can demonstrate that I can afford the new repayment but I am so worried.

I messed up but I want to rectify but I am not being given the chance.

GE want the whole money owed to them which £15k.

They say that the £15k is the arrears but that is the full balance

. I am confused with this?

missed payments at £156 from October till February.

I paid them £500 in February as soon as I could.

Please help me get myself togeher again.

I am still going to hospital appointments for various tests a the doctors trying to find out what caused my mini stroke.

They did say that bad news can do this too.

In the meantime, I have kept all from my wife as I don't want her to feel the pressure.

At the last hearing, she was so scared of losing the home and because of me this might happen again.

Please help.

I need to go on Monday with some clear ideas, which I am hoping good folks can help me get.

Thanks you for reading and helping

PS: GE have added a large number of charges that I know some are unfair and they also charged me PPI, which is clearly marked on my contract!

I will seek these back, soon as I have done with them.

Please help.

Thanks

Another point:

My telephone offer was for £2000 lump sum, and increase of monthly obligations from £156 to £500 and set up Direct Debit.

The last point of direct debit was left out in the N244 which was done in a panicky state as I originally thought the eviction was for monday and wanted to hand in the n244 by end of wednesday!

I have also made a hasty mistake too:

My statement for n244 says offer of £2000 lump sum but have paid this by phone.

Oh dear, what to do next?

I know I need to stay calm, as my blood pressure was 152 in my last test at the hospital last week!

I haven't slept since last week and hardly eaten but put on a brave face for my 14 year daughter and my wife.

They hardly know anything.

But it is getting me donw.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

I hope someone will be along shortly to advise but

in the meantime perhaps you could contact tomorrow the Citizens advice bureau and Shelter to get some advice.

Shelter will sometimes intervene on evictions but time is exceedingly short.

Although you did miss some payments it would appear you have done everything in your power to address this situation

and the stress of losing your job twice, seems to have been the cause of your stroke.

It's a warning and your health is so important.

Whilst you don't want to upset your wife I suspect she would far rather share this burden than risk you have a more serious stroke.

I wish you all the best on Monday,

I hope you have a sympathetic judge who will take notice of the very considerable efforts you have made to remedy the situation and the cost to your health.

These financial companies seem to have lost all sense of humanity ...

Thank you so much for such kind words.

They have made feel better about myself.

Please let me have any tips, ideas and words so that I can hold on to them and grow in strength.

I was whiskers away from telling the whole thing to my wife just two days ago but my heart sank at the thought of her going through this.

I know I may have to tell her this week-end.

The worst thing is that GE have added so many charges and the balance never seems to down even though I have already paid them a lump sum of £3,500 at the last hearing and now since February paid £2,500, to a balance owed of 15,500.

Thank you for any help.

Spent whole trying to do my work as best as I can giving it 100%, at the same time, filled-in n244, spoke to GE, kept happy face at home.

What a year so far!

And now my sister who is a lawyer, is so busy (understandably) with her two little ones,

that it has been hard to get her to spend more than 10/15 min with me over the phone.

Got a letter from GE and their sols, explaining how I should sell my furniture etc..

And they are after the whole arrears being cleared, but at the bottom of the letter explaning they would be willing to listen to any lump sum, and would look at the account status to make their decision!

They are covering their backs!

I am going to go after them soon enough for the unfair charges and the PPI.

I really started look like a shadow of myself.

It's getting hard to keep this off my wife.

She can feel something, but does not what.

Is there any chance that the eviction will be suspended on Monday, and what is plan B.

I did get your supportive and kind PM, mate.

Thank you so much for your positive vibes.

Fingers crossed, mate.

Cat's out of the bag.

Got home, and was greeted by the wife who asked me what I was doing on Monday at 10am!

She showed me the n244 that the court gave her this morning. D'Oh!

Didn't say much other than I asked that court hearing and she said why,

I just said because they are trying to take the flat. Left it at that.

Unfortunately, she is going on one of those trade course so she can't be there.

Part of me, is fine with that.

Part of me is worried about what to say when the judge asks why I didn't contact GE earlier?

Simply because everytime I did in the past, they were extremely rude and vulgar.

Who likes talking to rude people?

Aaargh. Getting worried now. On the N244, I did not give any reason for arrears. Guessing I will be asked about it.

Can I show my hospital papers that show I had a mini stroke in February. I don't have anything to show loss of job, maybe with time, I could have asked those companies?

I have now Bank statement that show GE took £2000 from it yesterday, and with the offer of increased monthly from £156 to £500, would this a good show of being serious in getting back on track?

Hi there, you can take an updated statement to the court with you on Wednesday - or you could hand it in on Monday and ask that it is put in the file for the judge to read before the hearing. If you need help with a statement please let me know and I will draft one for you.

You have proof of the £2,000 payment you made and that will help enormously.

How much is the normal monthly payment ?

Did you affix an income and expenditure statement to the N244?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi Ell-en

The eviction is on this Tuesday 23 at 12.30pm and I put in n244 on Wednesday by end of day

(the court staff were kind enough to hand the application in even though they were closed!).

My hearing to set aside is set for this Monday at 10.00am

I have received another letter from the GE Solicitors, in which they say that

" an order for Possession was granted, suspended upon payments of current monthly instalment.

As you have not adhered to therms of the Order,

out client has instructed us to enforce it by applying for eviction date to be set".

They want full arrears in clear fund.

However, the letter goes on to say that

"if our client receives any payment prior to the appointment date and time you can contact us immediately

so we may seek instructions concerning the repossesion of your property".

However, when I called them today they were closed but the answering phone mentioned an email address.

I am not sure what to do to be honest.

I do have proof of the £2000, and I did do a budge which I copied off yours Ell-en.

I am lost at why the arrears is at £15,147. This supposed to to be total owed.

Also, I paid them £3,500 in January 2012 a,d then 9 payments of £156 as per my obligations, which is another £1,400,

and have added another £2,500 since February

A total of £7,404 since last January! And yet they are still showing an arrears of £15,147 on every GE document!

Also, Ell-en the GE Contract clearly has PPI ticked which I wasn't aware of at the time.

And they have added God know how much charges.

In 2007, I paid lump sum of £27k, which brought down the amount owed to £11k

and asked them to recalculate monthly so it can be affordable but for whole year they didn't but kept charging me for the original £36k!

I am at my wits end.

However, I want to reorganise myself and any help you provide I am eternally grateful.

Thank you.

I am able to print the statement to show that GE have taken this money. I checked my online banking and it is there as clear as the day.

Hi Ell-en

I haven't mentioned that I lost two jobs and I had a mini-stroke to anyone.

When I called GE, the guy at the other end, just listened to me say

"We would like to put forward a lump sum for the arrears"

and he cut me up and said "Declined!".

I tried to say anything but he said "come back when you have something better".

I said we are able to offer £2000 now and increase the monthly repayment to £500 from £156, and he said that I was wasting my time.

I left it at that.

OK,

you can still take a statement along to the court with you and hand it to the judge in the hearing.

Would you like me to draft a statement for you ?

Have you had an annual statement from them showing payments and balance ?

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi Ell-enn

Spent time just having a drink (orange juice), in the garden to try to relax.

About the annual statement, I never got one from them for the past year. Only two statements showing charges, specially the legal costs.

I would be grateful if you could help me draft the statement.

I feel my statement was rather short and does not mention enough. I know in front of the judge I can only speak when addressed to so that worries me that I might not be able to the chance to get everything across.

I know you have helped so many people here Ell-enn (sorry just realised the second n). I know I would feel a lot better with someone as knowledgeable and legally aware as yourself.

(Just re-edited this as I know it may concern someone that being on 4 different medication I was still drinking? but trust me, the words may be same ("Drink") but the beverage has changed!)

Edited by Munirs
Additional info

Getting closer each hour...Not just the hearing, but the eviction date on Tuesday, at 12.30 pm. :-(

Hopefully, I will be back here with good news. Fingers crossed!

Whatever happens, I would like to thank you all for good wishes, any help and for taking time to read this at least.

Hi there, I have family visiting at the moment but will post a statement on here later this afternoon. In the meantime can you take a copy of the bank statement showing the £2000 payment and also copies of any documents relating to your stroke.

Back shortly.

Thank you so much for your help Ell-enn.

We have raised £1000, can we put down this as a lump sum too.

Do I add this to the statement?

Ell-en, will do. Thank you.

Hi Ell-enn,

I have got the printout and can only download futher copies of my bank statement with GE taking £2000.

I would like to hide other transactions and details on there,

is this ok?

Hi,

yes of course it is OK to hide the rest of the transactions

- are you not able to print out the single transaction ?

Who do you bank with ?

Hi is the account in joint names?

How much is the normal monthly payment?

Are there any children living in the property ?

Hi Ell-enn

I am not able to print out the single transaction as far as I know. I bank with Natwest. However I can hide the other transactions, pretty neatly with no transaction details or amount showing just dates. But also, of course, GE details showing.

Yes, the account is in our joint names. My wife has a paid for by the employer course to attend when the hearing is on tomorrow, and doesn't want to miss it. The normal monthly as per agreement since the last court is £156 per month.

We have a 14 year old girl, who has all her mates and her school local.

Thanks Ell-enn.

Hi, ok, I have to go out for an hour or so but will put the statement on here when I get back. Are you able to be online this evening ?

Affixed is the statement – you need to fill in the information where there are XXX's at the top of the statement (the information will be on the eviction warrant) - read it through carefully to make sure all the info is correct and to fill in the name where there are other XXX's in the statement. When you print it out the printer needs to be set for A4 paper (not Letter size) so it all fits on one page.

On the hospital documents - write the Claim Number on the top left hand corner then on the top right hand corner write Appendix 1. Do the same on the proof of £2,000 payment except it will be Appendix 2.

Now assemble as follows:

Statement – signed

Appendix 1 – hospital documents

Appendix 2 – proof of payment

Now make a further two copies of the above ( you will need one set for the judge, one for GE's representative and one for yourself to refer to in the hearing – so 3 sets in all) make sure each set is securely stapled.

As this is your application for a hearing, the judge will address you first, don't interrupt him/her, wait until they have finished speaking and then say “Sir (or Madam) may I please give you an up to date statement” and then just hand it over. Hand over a set to the other side's rep at the same time.

Hi Ell-enn

Thank you so much for the statement. I have two points:

1. Through sheer stupidity and the fact that I have never had any conversation with GE collection department

that ever was amicable nor pleasant,

I didn't notify them of my situation.

I dread calling them and getting treated like an idiot.

I feel now this would be against me.

What I did instead is as soon as I got some cash, I paid them it.

I paid £500 in February, before I started my new job.

2.Do we offer what we have now put together (by selling my macbookpro etc) £1000 to GE?

We are turning the tide as we have now getting bit more money.

However, we didn't have this luxury over the Xmas and festive period.

3. On the budget, I made a surplus of £700 per month. Is this good or bad?

Thank you Ell-enn.

Is the surplus of 700 after accounting for the 500 payment you have offered ?

yes. Is it too high?

I actually forgot to add couple of item on there: 2 mobiles on contracts £100 and £80 sky.

I was rushing to get it over to the court clerks by end of day!

I may have screwed up the budget!

Looking at it now, I actually put in Step 3 under Money left over BOX C £1,451!

I did the budget as best as I could have at work, then went to an internet cafe to print them (didn't want work to know) and realised that I hadn't saved my worksheet.

Tried to do another quickly and kind of doesn't add up!

I am afraid I handed it over to the court!

Ah well, I am panicking.

We should really give ourselves some emergency leeway and not overstretch ourselves,

as I have just started this job.

God knows this economy isn't relaible!

Why don't you do another budget sheet and we can include it in your statement with the explanation that, in your haste and worry you did not complete the first one properly. Affixed is a budget sheet, if you'd like me to look at it when you have completed it you can email it to me at [email protected] (there is no space between the c and o, the site just shows it like that for some reason).

I've replied to your email