Vodafone refuse to cancel contract. Illegal **11518711**

M3GCO
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3127 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sadly I went onto VF website last week and realised I was due an upgrade.

I ordered the new iphone6s plus under pre order. it was meant to be £59 per month and £309 upfront cost.

When I got home that night I noticed that my monthly payment had been billed at £120.

I rang vf customer service and was told that I was more or less lying and that I could not cancel over the phone and would have to do it online.

There is no where on line to cancel a order. over the next 36 hours I spent a total of 7hours 12 mins with customer service who said everything from 'you can only cancel within 1 hour of placing on line order' or 'your order has 100% been cancelled' to 'I am not allowed to cancel your order'

I have now tried to leave VF and requested the PAC number to port to another network. They now say that I am in contract with them and if I want to retain my number (which I have had for 20 years )I will have to pay them £708 pounds. They are also refusing to unlock my handset from their network as they say I have not paid my bill for 3 months.

All of this is complete rubbish. My bills are paid via direct debit and come out on time every time for the past 3 years with vf.

I even went into a Vodafone store on Saturday and requested cancelation there which they refused. I asked her to write it on a bit of paper that she was refusing and she point blank refused to.

All in all Vodafone are breaching just about every distance selling and cooling off period law, threatening customers, lying to customers and what amounts to stealing from me.

I am disgusted, stressed and out of pocket from these fraudsters.

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM, IT WILL END IN TEARS.

Hi

Unfortunately not illegal however totally unlawful. You ordered online therefore you had a cooling off period. Vodafone make up the rules as they go along and customer services are one of the worst in the business.

Follow the instructions in this thread FULLY

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?213340-Vodafone-Webteam-for-Customers-With-Problems-**UPDATED-APRIL-2015-**&p=2343766&viewfull=1#post2343766

then post up the automated reply number so that the VF rep here can assist.

Lee (the usual rep) has had some good successes with members of CAG and this should be a simple thing to do.

In the meantime, if you can remember the dates and times you called VF, get a SAR off to them to get copies of the recordings (plus all other data they hold)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I have hand delivered cancelation to one of their store yesterday, sent a copy via registered post, cancelled via live chat with proof of transcript and also emailed them. None of these have worked and they refuse to cancel for any reason they can think of.

I was waiting for a call back yesterday from one rep that I talked to on Thursday. She promised this would be cancelled and said she would ring back on Monday. Utter lies from every angle from these lot. I am documenting every step of this even to the point of videoing me handing over the cancelation contract in their store yesterday so they can not say they have it!!!

I have added the number to the thread title for ease of reference.

Hopefully Lee will be around some time today.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

I have checked on line and orders are still active. I rang customer services again and said i wanted my pac number. after being passed to customer loyalty team who interrogated me for a little while i stuck to my guns and kept it simple.

To my amazement i got the PAC code, 26 mins on the phone but I got it!!!

all i need now is my current phone un locked and their 2 alleged contracts cancelled. oh and some compensation would be nice for the lies and stress endured at the hands of the customer deflection team!!!!

well what a shock.

i found a text on my phone from thursday last week from shannon from vodafone

who promised me that the contracts would be cancelled in 2-3 days

as thats how long it takes and that she would ring me on monday to confirm.

All lies of course.

The contracts have still not been cancelled, vodafone are still refusing to un lock my iPhone from their network

as according to them i have not paid my bill for 3 months

and to top it all off LEE FROM VODAFONES SOCIAL MEDIA COMMS TEAM has not responded in time to stop the pre order contract

coming into force on the 1st of october.

Nicely played in using delaying tactics to your advantage.

Luckily enough i did put into all my requests to cancel that I will not and am not responsible for any financial loss

incurred by them sending out handset and continuing with the contract

I have also cancelled my direct debit so payment can not be taken.

I only wish terrible things to vodafone as a company and the employees that have lied to me over the past 8 days

. truelly disgusting behaviour from the last british network provider.

Please make sure you use the PAC code as soon as possible and certainly within 28 days as VF won't cancel contracts until the number has been ported.

Now that Lee has responded, they cannot deny that you haven't made contact and with the evidence you have, they cannot deny you cancelled.

Please keep a wary eye on your credit file as VF are swift to place missed payment markers and defaults there which they then take ages to remove.

going to use the pac code on friday. Im going to have to dig my old old phone out as its sim free. This is because VF won't un lock mine.

i have looked at a lot of lees responses and they all seem to be the same 'I've got your email and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.' with little action after that. It looks to me like another branch of customer care(?) that tells you all is sorted and do nothing.

I am a paid member of experian and they send me alerts as soon as there is a search or change on my credit file. I got this as RBS were continuing to mark it after an eleged debt was wiped off in court. I got compensation from them for this. :-)

Hi,

i feel your pain and totally agree.

Either Vodafone customer services employees are badly trained and are unable to communicate between departments

OR (and this is the worst scenario but possible) they are working in a culture where lying and false promises is the norm AND encouraged from the top?.

I have been trying to get my account closed since July this year and gave them 30 days notice on 1st June this year

(I've posted the thread on this page about Vodafone should be ashamed of how they're treating cutomers).

I myself have spent upwards of 10 hours on the phone to them in the last 3 months and tonight I've now received an email from their debt collectors.

I wonder if theres any possibility of quite a few disgruntled Vodafone cutomers starting a Class Action" court case of some kind against Vodafone.

I for one feel they have too much power as a huge company and take little or no responsibility for their actions towards the customer.

Good luck!.

WELL WELL WELL.

Yesterday was the day that my upgrade was meant to be delivered. Low and behold I get a phonecall from Lee who stated that both orders had been cancelled (even though I checked when he was online and they were still active) and that he would look into getting my phone un locked. He also offered me a good will gesture of no final payment for my last bill (I am guessing around 30quid).

Sadly I am not going to accept this as I am goin to follow my complaint through with the ombudsman as this company needs a kicking in the nuts so to speak for the way in which they treat customers.

Ironically 3 hours later the manager of my local vf store rang to say that SHE had got the contracts cancelled and that she would also get my handset unlocked!!!

The top and bottom of the whole pre order cancelation fiasco is that VFwere s..t scared to cancel on the off chance that the handset was sent out by mistake on release date! They must think im stupid!!!!

To top it all off I have no way of contacting their customer service as my number is now ported, they have removed my access to their site via login and the ever so not helpful glory taker from the shop will not answer her phone. It looks like another trip to the shop to see her as I got the impression that creating a scene in their 'cool' shop didn't go down to well.

Oh and I have just got an email to say that they have received my instruction to lift the bar on PREMIUM RATE NUMBERS. The biggest bunch of lying, numb inept fools I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with.

I would advise you to proceed with caution. The Ombudsman isn't there to say VF are what you say they are. They decide on evidence and as VF have offered resolution, the ombudsman may decide not to deal with the complaint. If they do consider the complaint, they may not give you any more than VF have already.

Hey welcome to (probably) the growing number of disgruntled customers banned from their website forum for airing our truthfull opinions.

Ps i also received the premium rate bar removal email the other day and another thanking me for removing my data use limit for abroad.

Edited by Andyorch
Removed reference.