• Tweets

• I have AoS using MCOL. Slight issue in that it has an old address listed and I had no way of changing it using the system. I have emailed mcol@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk to ask them to amend/update, but don't know if that will work. Regardless, at this point I don't think it changes what i need to do - but correct me if I'm wrong.   So, next step would ordinarily be "get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors asking for all relevant bills" Is that correct? Having said that, I have copies of the bills from Eon, and Lowell have also sent me copies of bills. Should i still go ahead with this regardless?   Folowing this, my next step would be filing my defence, correct? And, now that I've done the AoS. I'd really appreciate a sanity check on when I need to file my defence by if that is indeed the next step.   I'll be looking at more threads. I'd like to be able to put all of this to one side until Feb 3rd (I have an absolutely crucial - 5 years of work to get to it - deadline of 2nd Feb for something I'm working on that is totally unrelated but is eating up all my time until then). Am I correct in thinking it's okay to leave this until Feb 3rd now??   Thanks again for your help thus far. Donation made.
    • Thanks for your reply. We didn't even know they issued us with a ccj until I target got a credit report and it come up, we had no paperwork warning us.    I don't know when the ccj was issued just know on my credit report says it get removed oct 2020.    Mortimore Clark are welcome finance solicitor as far as I am aware... Nothing to do with the ccj.    I know the ccj has been added to our property as end of this year we will be in position to pay of mortgage and its £18000 more then what we owe and mortgage company said its a charge for a loan so in theory we may pay it twice if I am paying solicitors (well in small amounts) 
    • and you can't click on the enter a defence option. sometimes we've found you can.   you should have come here sooner an we would have made sure you did it right...  
    • get an sar off to welcome they can't refuse.   who are mortimers client, the claimant of the CCJ and the charge upon your deeds.   welcome would have added £1000's in unlawful penalty fees for everything from letters/phonecalls/arrears fees/it's raining today, your fault. when was the CCJ attained too please?  
    • We applied for a joint loan for £9000 in 2010 which was secured against our home, in 2012 we were declared bankrupt but because we kept our house the loan stood while we were going through our financial problems we defaulted on the loan.   We had then started making payments but with all the interest etc it went past the £9000 we originally borrowed. We got the loan down to £6000 then hubby lost job and we seriously couldn't even afford to pay a penny and again it built back up.   The debt is now with a solicitor and now we owe according to them £18000. I have requested from welcome finance every payment we have made, every statement etc they have refused.   We are only making payments of £65 a month going to take forever but its also gone to a ccj which should have been removed on Oct last year.   Where can I go for help with the dispute over the amount we owe. Thanks   Solicitor is mortimore Clarke 
  • Our picks

• I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 31 replies

Are you a crafts person.Make and create something tell me what it is like what you do.

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1938 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Seems like we have quite a talented group of people on CAG :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Seems like we have quite a talented group of people on CAG :)

Never doubted it for one moment.

gettingolder

I belong to a group in OZ Comfort Quilts against Cancer. it is based n Western Australia the quilts we make are sent to ladies who have breast cancer. Lately we have been making quilts for gentlemen also. We include a hand knitted hate with each quilt. Every month I send off a bundle of blocks and the ladies in WA assemble the quilts, saves on postage for me. Fabric weighs a lot.

We include a hand knitted hate with each quilt

Just wondering what a hate is.

I checked your quilt out so much work i feel.

Old owl is proud of you and the passion for this you have.

70s for you,a youngster.Keep you going for many more years doing this.

70s the new 50S

sillygirl1

I do fine Irish crochet, knit and do cross stitch. Been working on some cushion covers for my new sofa in half cross stitch. Done one and half way through the second one.

Nice one,a picture if you like. Fine Irish Crochet is this difficult.

Heartache

Ten tiny fingers upon your tiny hand

Ten dainty toes on your feet to help you to stand

I look into your sleeping face and my heart is filled with love

How can anything so beautiful, now be an Angel above?

Your eyelashes so long upon your face

No one will ever take your place

The joy we all waited for is now replaced by tears

The numbness, the heartache, along with all our fears

I want to hold you in my arms and never let you go

My darling child how I love you so

A part of me went with you, the day you were called home

I feel my world has stopped and I feel so much alone

I gently place you down for one last time

Tears are on my face as I whisper, " peace be thine "

Without you I am nothing, and never will be again

All I feel is heartache and a huge, huge pain

My darling child you will be loved and missed every single day

Goodbye is to final a word for me to ever say,

God only gave you to us to borrow

Loved yesterday, today and for all the tomorrows.

Sandy

Copy write owned by myself

Not all my poetry is like this as I can do more or less poems about most things, feel free to remove

• Haha 1

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Snowdragon, that's lovely.

We lost a little one last year and that's just broken the very thin shell of composure I keep up for the sake of others. Time to put my office phone on DND and lock the door for five minutes while I gather myself up again. I can't begin to explain how it feels but, you've come very close and putting her down for the last time broke me in two.

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.

hahahaha Tawny Owl...a hate is a hat. My typing has never improved over the years. brain works faster than fingers...not really, my keyboard has gremlins in it.

We are a talented lot. I rediscovered my love for sewing and embroidery after I was forced into retirement. Ageism raised it's ugly head and that is another story. I wish I was back at work, I miss my Junior Doctors and medical students.

so sorry think about it, I wrote that when lost my granddaughter, did not mean upset you, :(

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

I wrote a poem also for the twin towers disaster and also one for Remembrance Sunday as well as loads of other subjects, including Native American ones

so sorry think about it, I wrote that when lost my granddaughter, did not mean upset you, :(

No, no. You didn't upset me. You just helped put words to feelings and that's what poetry is for. It's an excellent poem that captures it all very well indeed so there's never any need for an apology of any sorts.

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.

bless you, I did her a few, did put another in here, SS for your loss xx

Sandy

Snowdragon, your poem touched a raw nerve for me, no matter how many years pass, there is still that empty place. I was going through my embroidery designs and found this one. I think it sums up how we all feel. My motto is ;Love like there is no tomorrow, those we have held in our arms and hearts will never be forgotten.

The Winter Comes

Northern lights up in the sky

Icy winds blow leaves up high

Kites waving their tails as they go by

Icicles hanging from trees near-by

Twinkling stars in the night sky

The Autumn days soon go by

Nuts falling for the squirrels to find

Ready for when the weather is not as kind

Christmas is coming with a time to recall

A special baby that started it all

The days get shorter and nights so cold

People remembering days of old

Snow falls from a leaden sky

Children building snowmen oh so high

Everyone rushing to their homes

It's a different world when winter comes.

Sandy

Copyright owned by myself

Friendship

My friend came to visit with lots to say

She moaned about it raining on washing day

When she had finished unburdening all to me

I sat her down with a pot of tea

With her nerves calmed once more

We walk together to the door

" Thanks a lot for being here, " she said

" I'm sure I'll be better once I've been to bed "

" It's no problem, " I told her once more

After all that's what friends are for

Sandy

copyright owned by myself

If these are not appropriate or in the wrong place then please remove :)

PLANNING!!

I had planned the meeting of us,

Glad beneath a starlit sky,

Swift compelling arms around me,

While enchanted moments fly.

I had thought of things to tell you,

Only you could understand,

As we walked our way together,

In a rare enchanted land.

But you came an hour too early,

And the kitchen floor was wet,

I was elbow deep in dishes,

And my hair was in a net.

As I wrung the soapy dishcloth,

My romance was all a wreck,

And for one hot bothered second,

I would have rather wrung your neck

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

lol, love it Citizen x