Parking Charge notice from Parking Eye

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3129 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I'm new here and need some advice on a Parking Charge

On 13 to 17th September we took short 4 day break in Scarborough,

I am disabled and a WAV vehicle driver.

We forgot to pack any of my hankies so was keen to find shop that sold them.

On driving through Scarborough I spotted mens outfitters shop

as we past I spotted car park and due to busy road I pulled in.

My wife got out but I stopped in car whilst she visited shop

at no time did I leave vehicle,

on return she got in and we left car park.

I have received a Parking charge notice for £85 (reduced to £50 if prompt payment)

stated that on 16/9/15 I entered CP at 13.06:22 and departed at 13:19:09 a total of 12 minutes.

We are both pensioners on small pensions.

My wife does not want to ignore it (it is already distressing her)

but I am unwilling to pay because I think its wrong.

Could I get some advice please.

I have already contacted Tourist Info in Scarborough

they were very sympathetic but the car park is owned by Parking Eye

Dont ignore it. But also dont pay it. The regulars will be along soon to help you out :) Oh and welcome to CAG!

The carpark also will NOT be owned by Parking Eye. They will just be contracted to collect revenue from it ( unlawful revenue at that)

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi and welcome to CAG

I also suspect the car park is not owned by PE but they are probably acting on behalf of the land owner.

To help us get the lay of the land, can you remember the name of the shop your wife went into and possibly the road name as well. This will help us search Google Maps to see if the site in question is there.

As this was an automatic number plate system and going on the dates you have provided, they have followed procedure so far.

As this is a Notice to Keeper, they are inviting you to name the driver or accept responsibility as the keeper. Do not give them the name of the driver.

Your first stage is to appeal the notice to PE wih any reason you like really as they will reject your appeal but by doing so, they must give you a POPLA code to take to a proper independant appeal.

Can you remember if there were any signs at the car park or any payment machines?

Ideally we could do with someone who lives in the area to get photos of the signs.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

The car park is not owned by Parking Eye,

they are a company that puts cameras up on other people's land with the promise it will cure all of their parking problems

but does nothing of the sort, just makes them money and gives the shop owners never ending grief.

Your appeal to PE should state that you were not parked but waiting

and that the time of the event is insignificant

and within the BPA guidelines for cancelling for this reason.

They will then either cancel or not but ifm they dont they risk bad publicity

along with the shop if the car park is for one store/development only.

Give us the name of the property as described on the letter they sent and we will dig further.

The Pavillion Square car park is on Valley bridge road (Yo112JT)

The Anthony Gordon Menswear shop is on Corner of Westborogh Rd and Valley Bridge Road

and you can clearly see trees in front of car park from the shop. (YO11 1JW).

hope that helps.

there have been many complaints about this place in local press if you google car park in question

Having had a look at the car park in question and read news stories, it appears that PE are supposed to give a 10 minute grace period to park and get a ticket from the machine.

The signage at the front may be large but the small print is far too small to read without stopping to read it or park up and read it.

You were there for 12 minutes thus resulting in a loss to them of 80p (30 minutes parking fee) The £85/50 is wrong. They have not allowed extra time for you to read the small print (and that is after parking up and walking to the front to read the sign. The repeater signs (in my opinion) are not enough and 'may' be too high to read comfortably.

Appeal as the keeper, not the driver then when they reject you, appeal to POPLA but expect your appeal to be stayed until after the Beavis result

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Hi having never been faced with this problem before i'm a little unsure of a fe things. I'm advised to appeal to P.E but not to admit to driving, how then am I to explain that I was not Parking but awaiting the passenger to return in the car.

In any dealings with PR, you state 'The Driver'

With Parking Eye, you could try to mitigate but they are so cold hearted, they don't care and accepting your appeal affects the bottom line.

You could quite easily say that as the driver was disabled, the driver had difficulty getting out of the car, going to the main entrance where the terms and conditions are sited (behind a fence) and they were so small that the driver had real difficulty reading them which took longer than expected and then the driver refusing to accept the terms, got back to the car and left the site.

Of course no matter what you say, they will likely reject your appeal and when they do, this is where you do the full on appeal to POPLA.

POPLA could refer it back to PE for reconsideration, approve or reject your appeal. A well worded appeal has a very good chance of winning however there is a new fly in the ointment. POPLA decisions have appointed a new assessment team and as yet, we have no idea whether they will follow the rules laid down by the BPA