• Tweets

• I think I know the answer , but We booked our dog into boarding kennels for our holiday , starting Tuesday 16 Unfortunately about 2 weeks ago the dog picked up a parasite called giardia .this causes soft stools etc . The vet gave us the treatment and said the dog “should “ be ok in time for the boarding .A side effect of the treatment is that the dog has still has soft stools , similar the those when the parasite is present We messaged the kennel Friday , explaining the situation , also topping up the final payment , It appears the kennel did not receive the message , so we spoke yesterday ( Monday ) They were unsure as to whether the dog should be accepted . over night they massaged us and cancelled the booking , we do have a plan “B” this involves our daughter moving  back home for a week . Their T&Cs are quite tight , regarding cancelation by the client , But in this case they cancelled , have I got a hope of getting a refund , less , say , a admin charge , over £300 fees have been paid for 10 days boarding We do have "Pet Plan" Insurance Extract from T&Cs     “You agree that if you do not arrive on the start date of your booking, you will be liable for the full payment per day. You agree that should you return from holiday early and decide to collect your dog before the end of your booking, you will not be entitled to any refund of payment. In the unlikely event of illness or other circumstances resulting in a reduced stay with us, the total booking fee is still due and you will not be entitled to a refund or part refund. You agree that if you cancel giving less than 14 days notice the total fee is due. You agree that if you cancel your booking you will lose your full deposit. If you bring less dogs than are booked, you are still responsible for the balance due. “
    • The SD is dead, when  I applied to have it set aside a copy was sent to by the court to Credit Agricole the debt owner,  it was part of my appeal that Credil Limits were not authorised to make the application. Credit Limits then withdrew the application. As far as I am aware Credit Agricole did not respond. Creditl Limits came back to me ignoring the grounds of appeal see letter 15/4. They refer to statute barred, the loan was for double glazing it was not part of the mortgage so I still contend that the 5 year rule applies.   I did not contest the original French court order but before the hearing  I wrote to Credit Agricole offering to pay over a long period of time as the home in France was about to be repossessed by the mortgage bank (and it was). Credit Agricole did not reply to my letters. The original judgement had the following 'Since immediate enforcement is not a necessity, it shall not be ordered.'   See compliments slip below purported to be from Credit Agricole, undated and unsigned, this is probably in response to my appeal when I said that I had nothing from Credit Agricole suggesting that CLI were agents. I am not convinced that this is genuine, CLI have had plenty of opportunity to produce this since they were 'appointed'  in 2018!   Can CLI represent Credit Agricole here in the UK as they are debt collectors and as far as I can see are  not registered with the FSA?   Thanks again   comps.pdf letter.pdf
    • thanks fk and bank fodder, yes I know been here awhile I just needed bit advice, seems this company have a habit of taking peoples money!   I can not record phone calls so will go bank ty xx
    • https://www.identityreport.co.uk/   https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/identityreport.co.uk   Bite them hard Sandy... ^_^
  • Our picks

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1385 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice with this please.

I bought a laptop from BAYV this time last year because I needed it for uni and had no other means of getting one.

I pay by direct debit and have never missed a payment.

Back in June I spilt wine on my laptop and completely fried it,

took it to repair shop and after they looked at it they told me it was no good

and there was no way of fixing it.

since then my financial circumstances have changed and I'm really struggling to make ends meet

the BAYV payment is the only thing I could really do without ( that is my only non priority debt)..

I would have just given them the laptop back but that isn't an option now with it being broken.

I haven't contacted them yet as I thought I'd see what people advised first.

am I gonna get hassled when I no longer have the laptop

..what is likely to happen as I know I obviously have an agreement with them.

I do have their insurances but when I first broke my laptop I did contact them and they said it wouldn't be covered under any of the insurances. I've paid a year off a 3 year agreement.

it will be covered that's what their rip off compulsory insurance is for.

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

Ruddy fleecers, tell them they either repair it under the insurance you were conned into taking out, or they can have it back and you'll cancel the payments.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

If they refused to repair the item under the terms of the insurance, then this proves that they mis sold the insurance to you. Give them the choice of either repairing the item (which you don't want obviously) or allowing you to return it to them and you owe them nothing.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy -

HERE

2: Take back control of your finances -

Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated -

Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I'll give it a go thanks..gonna dig out the insurance t&c's and see what it says..they're saying I'm not covered because it was negligence on my part.

I would have said it was an accident !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy -

HERE

2: Take back control of your finances -

Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated -

Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

IMPORTANT:

All goods purchased from BAYV must be covered against theft and accidental damage.

If you do not have home contents insurance,

we can offer you our EPS cover at an additional cost,

but it may not be the best cover if you’re purchasing multiple items.

Adequate cover must be in place to process your application.

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

accidental damage is negligence by someone. Perhaps BAYV think that their insurance allows them to choose who spills the wine so if they havent been told you just say that it got spilt rather thn who it was. They cant sue your colleagues if one of them did it

Either way though, if they're saying their Ins doesn't cover it, then the Ins was miss sold and isn't worth the paper it's written on

and you want a full refund of their pointless extortionate Insurance, then throw the laptop back at them.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!