Santander 123 fees hit £60

Michael Browne
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3050 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Millions have signed-up for Santander’s 123 account, but thanks to a change in fees, it is going to hit the pocket hard. From January, fees are going to almost triple.

There’s around 3 million in the UK using the current account, and pay in £2 every month (or £24 a year if you prefer) and, in return, you get cash back on bills and a 3% interest rate.

However, as of next year, customers will be paying £60 every year, which is £5 per month.

If you have a smaller balance, you will invariably not reap the benefits. So if you have the minimum £3,000 in the bank, you will earn £90 in interest, with £60 of that gone in fees. That’s equivalent to a 1% interest rate.

http://www.bitterwallet.com/santander-123-fees-hit-60/87779

I get £63.48 a year from my 123 Account with Telecoms and Council Tax direct debit payments, never got £3,000 in the account so don't get the interest.

Thinking about just blowing my £3.48 a year on goodies.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I cannot believe they are allowed to hike the fees up so much. We only switched 6 months ago, and although we have already made over £65 in cashback, it seems absolutely appalling that they could do this. I am seriously considering changing banks again. :-x

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

They had this in mind all along - they made these accounts with the updated fees already in the motions. The current charges were just introductory to get everyone on board and to switch to a good deal. Things that are too good to be true are just that. I think everyone seen this coming.