Hastings Direct Help Anyone/Advice

ConnorRS
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3128 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone,

About 2 days ago someone pulled out of a junction and I had to swerve hitting all the left hand side of my front bumper, smashing the headlight, bending the wing, damaging the inner arch. Does anyone think this will be a write off without even looking at it as i've heard they tend to write cars off for less damage than my car has.

So I have rang Hastings Direct and so far they have found out everything they need to know like who's fault it was etc. I've heard of other people having problems trying to buy the car back? and them trying to get your documents for the car if it is a write off? All I have seen is bad reviews. This is a Corsa C 2006. I just don't want to have any problems. I paid £2000 for this car 6 months ago and I would like to buy the car back as salvage but can anyone give me some advice on what might happen?

Many thanks :smile:

Far easier to claim off the at fault third parties insurance company, if they are willng to deal with you directly. You just need a full assessment of the work that needs doing and cost. You are more likely to be able to keep the car, as i expect Hastings might insist on a write off.

If you claim from Hastings for a write off they would deduct the policy excess and any remaining premium, if you had been paying monthly. This might not leave much left.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread