New Claims for CA and IS

house3
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3102 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi hope someone could help me please? I have just started claiming Carers allowance ,well since late August, my first payment and backdated payments will be early October, dont know why i will have to wait nearly five weeks for a payment ,but still !.I also put a claim in for income support,also a bit of a delay as was on jobseekers allowance .I was surprised to find that while claiming income support that i would have to go to the jobcentre once a month to continue recieving payments. is this something new?, dont understand why ?,.The lady at the jobcentre told me it was just in case i want to find another job while on income support, i told her that am doing 35 hrs as a carer,and it is not easy, it full time hard work.I have still got some health problems, but i perfer to be helping a good friend who,s disabled and making a difference, then staying on the dole..Thanks in advance.

I've moved this post to a new thread where more people should see it.

I'm afraid I'm not 100% sure what's required of IS claimants these days, but even if you have to attend the Jobcentre, I do know that you can't be forced to look for work or take a job.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I'd be asking how to claim reimbursement for someone else doing the caring whilst I was at the job centre.

My carer hasn't been asked to attend in 5 years of claiming carer's allowance and income support.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Yes good idea madwoman, dont understand the logic in attending the jobcentre once a month, while on income support and carers allowance .am caring full time for my friend who,s disabled.These must be new rules am sure.

Hi flumps ,i will ask when i have to go in November for my monthly appointment,she talked about it being new rules ,that had come out in september. Just wondered if anyone else has been told the same thing.Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Ros i know thats what i thought,i have been on it before Carers allowance and i only had to go once to sort the income support ,once i started getting payments,i never went back to the jobcentre.,aswas on it 9 months.Its silly,doesnt make no sense to me,going once a month,when am busy..