• Tweets

• Good afternoon, I am writing because I am very frustrated. I received a parking fine from MET Parking Services Ltd , ( Southgate park Stansted CM24 1PY) . We stopped for a quick meal in Mcdonalds and were there fir around 30 mins. We always do this after flights and never received a parking fine before.  Reason: The vehicle left in Southgate car park without payment made for parking and the occupants southgate premises. they took some pictures of us leaving the car. i did not try and appeal it yet as I came across many forums that this is a scam and I should leave it. But I keep getting threatening letters.  Incident happened : 23/10/2023 I did contact Mcdonalds and they said this:  Joylyn (McDonald’s Customer Services) 5 Apr 2024, 12:05 BST Dear Laura, Thank you for contacting McDonald’s Customer Services. I’m sorry to hear that you have received a Parking Charge Notice following your visit to our Stansted restaurant.   We've introduced parking restrictions at some of our restaurants to make sure there are always parking spaces available for customers.   We appreciate that some visits such as birthday parties or large group visits might take longer and the parking restrictions aren't intended to stop this. If you think your stay will exceed the stated maximum parking time then please speak to a manager in advance.   Your number plate is scanned by our Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) system when you enter our car park, and then again when you leave. If you have overstayed the maximum time allowed, you will not be notified straight away- a Parking Charge Notice will be sent to you via the post.   If you feel that a Parking Charge Notice has been issued in error, please contact our approved contractors who issued the charge in order to appeal the charge. Unfortunately McDonald's are unable to revoke parking tickets- the outcome of the appeal is final and cannot be overturned by McDonald’s.   Many thanks for taking the time to contact McDonald’s Customer Services.   Can someone please help me out and suggest what I should do next?  Thank you 
    • Good Evening, I've got a fairly simple question but I'll provide some context incase needed. I've pursued a company that has operations in england despite them having no official office anywhere. I've managed to find a site they operate from and the papers there have been defended so I know they operate there. They've filed a defence which is honestly the worst defence ever, and despite being required to provide their witness evidence, they have not and have completely ignored the courts and my request for copies of it. I'm therefore considering applying to strike out their defence on the grounds the defence was rubbish and that they haven't provided any evidence for the trial. However, it has a trial date set for end of june, and a civil application wouldn't get heard until a week before then, so hardly worth it. However, my local court is very good at dealing with paper applications (i.e ones that don't need hearings, and frankly I think they are literally like 1-2 days from when you submit it to when a Judge sees it. I'm wondering if I can apply to strikeout a defence without a hearing OR whether a hearing is required for a strikeout application.   Thanks
    • I have just opened another bank acc with lloyds (i have a few already) After doing some research they may have some relation to tsb or be apart of the same group will this cause me issue if my salary is paid into my lloyds account? Also, if the debts do go into default and nothing is paid then after 6 years it all goes away? As the DCAs cannot do anything? I do want to start paying in like 3/4 months or do you advise I leave it if it goes into default? again sorry for all the questions, i am just processing everything
    • one reply only  follow post 2 of letter of claim <<clickme link. dx
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Motormile Finance (MMF) - Previously removed default reappears 18 months later

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3117 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

First post here but long been an observer.

Had an account with Lending Stream which due to financial difficulty defaulted in April 2011.

Motormile finance purchased the debt from Lending Stream in 2013, and I entered dialogue with Motormile as soon as I received correspondence from them.

I requested a full statement of account and a copy of the default notice, as no default notice was received from Lending Stream.

After hearing nothing back for over 2 months,

I chased Motormile who reluctantly admitted they were unable to obtain this information from Lending Stream.

The balance (including a high proportion of default fees, late payment fees etc) was £782,

Motormile offered to settle for £250.

I agreed this on the condition that the default notice would be removed,

as they were unable to show a statement of account or a default notice had been sent,

and Barry from Motormile called me a couple of days later to confirm he'd spoken with Lending Stream and they'd removed the default.

I paid in full via card £250 over the phone after receiving email confirmation from Motormile the default was being removed (see below).

"Email: Good Afternoon Mr *,

I can confirm that we have previous received confirmation from Lending Stream that they would update your credit file for the data they have shared.

I understand from our early conversation that this has now been updated accordingly.

Should you have any further concerns regarding this, please contact me again.

As requested, I shall arrange for our collections department to contact you to settle the account.

Regards,

Barry

Customer Relations Manager

Motormile Finance UK Ltd (MMF)"

After being declined for credit, I checked my credit file in June 2015 to find that the default had been reappeared on the credit file, this time from Motormile Finance.

I queried this with Motormile immediately.

I was promised a response to my complaint within 14 days.

Over a month passed (chased every week), blaming Lending Stream.

Once I pointed out on multiple occasions that the default was from Motormile and not lending stream

I received a response saying my compaint was being investigated and I would receive a response within 28 days.

Sure enough, a month later, I received this response:

"Dear Mr *.

Thank you for your recent correspondence.

We understand your concerns to be that:

· We have requested the removal of the default from your credit file previously, however this has recently re-appeared.

· You have applied for a mortgage and the default applied by MMF is having a detrimental effect to your application.

We have investigated your complaint thoroughly and have provided a response to each concern individually below:

We have requested the removal of the default from your credit file previously, however this has recently re-appeared.

We have reviewed all correspondence on your account and have found that you have previously discussed your credit file with us in December 2013.

We would firstly like to make you aware that MMF did not record any data with the credit reference agencies at this period

and as such, never agreed to remove any information on your credit file.

Your correspondence with us in December 2013 was in regards to data that was shared on your credit file by Lending Stream.

In December 2013, we explained that as MMF has purchased the account,

we are legally obligated to take over any information on your credit file.

We are obligated to do this to provide an accurate reflection on a consumers credit history.

The default that was originally applied by Lending Stream should have been removed in August 2013

and updated to show that the account had been sold.

As a resolution to your concerns in December 2013,

Lending Stream confirmed to us that they had updated your credit file accordingly.

You have applied for a mortgage and the default applied by MMF is having a detrimental effect to your application.

We are sorry to hear that you feel this default is affecting your chances to obtain a mortgage.

We are obligated to report factual and up to date information on your credit file to provide an accurate reflection of your credit history.

Lending Stream have confirmed to us that a notice of default was sent your postal address (*) on 11 April 2011

and the account defaulted on 25 April 2011.

We have provided you with a copy of this documentation for your records.

As you were provided with a notice of default, we are unable to remove the information as the data is factually correct.

We hope this response has brought the matter to an acceptable resolution and the action taken is to your satisfaction.

However, this is our final response, if you remain unhappy with the response I have attached a link to the leaflet about the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).

Should you choose to contact them, you will need to do so within six months from the date of this email,

enclosing a copy of the final response, which they will need for their investigation.

If you would like a copy of this response by post including the leaflet please let me know by return email.

FOS Leaflet: -

Kind Regards,

Pat Lee

Customer Relations Officer

Motormile Finance UK Ltd (MMF)"

The default reappeared in February 2015.

Originally this showed as a fresh default on this date, dropping off in February 2021,

but they have updated this to the actual date of the debt, dropping off in April 2017.

Removal of this default was essentially a term of me settling the debt (I refused to pay without this being part of the agreement),

at at no point was there an indication it could reappear.

On discussing this with Barry I was assured that this couldn't reappear,

completely contradictory to the claim in the response stating I was made aware of motormile legally obliged to taking over my credit data.

Motormile had 2 months to supply details of the default notice and statement of account back in 2013,

so now sending me a copy of the default notice after complaining in 2015, which was never received, seems ridiculous to me.

I issued a data access request last week of which I am awaiting an acknowledgement of receipt.

Where do I stand here? Do I have grounds to have this removed?

Motorfile seem firm on their stance, if I have a case would be happy to proceed with the court or FCO complaint, whichever I am more likely to obtain the outcome of removal.

I have applied for a mortgage on a dream home, most likely to come back as a decline next week solely due to this default.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Many thanks for your time - Lewis

Unfortunately, you went contrary to every rule on dealing with such companies, which is never to conduct business over the telephone. Only ever correspond in writing, so that you have a paper trial and proof of any agreements in writing.

Don't think there is much you can do really. Others will advise shortly.

no they purchased the account the text says so.

MMF are total fleecers and will say anything to get money out of a mug

esp if its done on the phone! the agent got a healthy cut of your payment in commission.

as the OP has found, they'll say anything but conveniently fail to record it in the account comms log.

as long as MMF have not changed the OC's defaulted date, sadly they've done nowt wrong.

the bottom line here is the OP go had blind.

next move is prove the sum quoted on the DN included penalty charges

and you might have a good chance in getting it removed.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Details of the repayments/loan

Loan amount: £400.00

Date: 5th Jan, 2011

Repayments made during the loan - £332.00

Remaining balance - £810.00 inc interest, fees etc

They allocated £310 of the payments I made towards 'interest', £22 to 'default fees' and nothing to the 'principle loan amount' - so they claimed that £400 loan remained unpaid, plus an additional £410 in interest.

It may be also relevant that the first months payment of £132.00 was paid just 2 days late (february 6th - included a £12 default fee).

I then paid another £200 around when the 3rd payment was due

- they took a £100 payment and number of smaller payments of £25-50 from my card

as soon as it was back into credit and effectively emptied my bank account (april 11th)

Passed to MMF,

they also added their own fees,

but discounted the original amount owed,

so total they were chasing for came to £782.00.

As mentioned MMF offered to settle for £250.00 which I accepted upon removal of the default that has reappeared. S

I have also noticed the default notice was not actually sent to the address I took the loan out with,

it was sent to a parents address that I was not living at (I did not receive, and they did not receive any default notice from them).

I did not update any address details with Lending Stream at the time.

The total paid out on this loan is £582.00 which is £332 to LS and £250 settlement to MMF.

Default reappeared Feb 2015 after being removed in Dec 2013 - is there nothing in this?

Many Thanks

I think and from experience of trying to " remove " defaults from credit files

that a debt purchaser company can only "update" credit files with basic data

and can't change a default date or remove an entry from credit files.

I was told exactly that which has been posted here

i.e. the credit files must be a accurate picture of how an account has be managed,

and paying off a defaulted debt is no reason for removing the credit agency entries.

If Motormile owned the account the £250.00 will just be a short settlement to close their books.

Nothing stopping Motormouth selling the remainder on to a different DCA

When doing full an final that needs to be stressed that any balance remaining marked as satisfied will not be asigned to a new debt collector in writing

I can confirm payment of £250 has now settled your account ref M*.

That is true, Motormouth will no longer contact you as they have agreeed settlement.

But as stated, nothing stopping them selling the balance remaining to a different DCA

That is why it is so important in any settlement letter it is stated that any balance remaining will not be assigned to a new collector

have you a copy of the default notice issued by the original creditor

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Bar that

They can't include penalty or default fees in the sum detailed on a dn

Write to the OC

Demand they remove the defective default in 14 days

Else a formal complaint will be issued to the ICO

Dx

• Confused 1

and they

Good morning Mr*.

Thank you for your email.

I shall address each of your concerns, individually, below:

You believe that a numerical date must be inserted on the Notice of Default as opposed to just a time frame.

Please refer to page 2 of your Notice of Default which states that you have until the 26/04/2011 to make arrangements for the sums to be paid. The letter was written on the 11/04/2011, taking into account a day for delivery your afforded 14 days began on the 12/04/2011 and expired on the 26/04/2011. For this reason we consider that a date was specified on your Notice of Default.

Penalty and default fees cannot be included in the Notice of Default.

Section 1 of your Notice of Default.

The charges outlined in this section are a statement of accounts. These are not charges that you will incur by not adhering to the Notice of Default.

Section 3 of your Notice of Default.

This sections mentions a charge of £40.00 however this is not a penalty for not adhering to the Notice of Default. It is a charge that will occur after the expiration of your notice of Default.

Please refer to Section 88 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, of which we fully adhere, should you require any further verification on a Notice of Default.

The Notice of Default is not in breach of regulation and remains enforceable.

We are obligated to report accurate information to the credit reference agencies and, as such, we are unable to remove this default.

Kind regards,

Darren Rogers

Senior Customer Relations Officer

Motormile Finance UK Ltd (MMF)

Direct Dial: 0113 8874 016

They cannot use that default Noticle as it is not compliant with the Default and Termination Regulatons.

That is way above the pay grade of a Motor mouth employee

Now you have had that response go to the FOS

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1983/1561/schedule/2/made

Those regs have been amended now in that the debtor has 14 days, not 7 to rectify any default

I bet they sent the Default Notice (if they did indeed send it) by very slow post and not First Class.

What they are saying is a load of old tosh. This is why you need to stop sending them lettes and just leave the thing alone.

nothing to do with them

the oc sent the DN so as said the OC are your target.

dx

and they

While this hasnt been replied to for a few days. I think that at this moment, all the OP wants is to get a Mortgage by getting rid of the default.

So did MMF Just administer the account back then 1st time round? Anyhow... MMF are persistent. If you have the proof that there shouldnt be a default, why not go down the LBA route?

MI did it with Wonga and they changed stance VERY Quickly and they paid the costs before we even got to court :)

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis