lowell/carter Claim Form - O2 debt

uub
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3132 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, I received a claim form from the Northampton CCBC a couple of days ago, I have already filed an acknowledgement online with MCOL stating my intention to defend in full.

Name of claimant: Lowell Portfolio I Ltd

Date of issue: 22nd September 2015

What is the claim for:

The claim is for £xxx.xx, the amount due under an agreement between the original creditor and the defendant to provide finance and / or services and / or goods.

The debt was assigned to / purchased by Lowell Portfolio I Ltd, on 23/12/2011 and notice served pursuant to the law of property act 1925.

Particulars

RE- O2 (UK) Ltd

A/C No xxxxxxxxxx,

And the claimant claims £xxx.xx

The claimant also claims statutory interest pursuant to S.69 of the county court act 1984 at a rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment of the agreement to date but limited to a maximum of one year and a maximum of £1000 amounting to £58.18.

Value of the claim: £xxx + court fee £60 + solicitor's costs £70 total: £xxx

The claim was for an O2 mobile phone contract.

Original account started: Unknown 2010 maybe?

It is not the original creditor who has issued proceedings.

I was unaware the debt had been assigned and did not receive notice of this, I have moved more than 5 times in the last 6 years.

I can not remember receiving a default notice again this may possibly be due to the number of times I have moved.

I have never received a statutory notice headed “Notice of Default sums” since the date of the default to my knowledge.

I was unable to continue making payments with the original creditor due to financial difficulties I had at the time,

mainly due to being made redundant.

There was no dispute with the original creditor.

I did not communicate my problems with the original creditor or enter any dmp.

Since receiving this I have only acknowledged receipt of the claim form via MCOL online.

Is the next step to send a CCA Request letter to the Lowell and a CPR request letter to their Bryan Carter?

Yes it is uub but no CCA ...not applicable to mob contracts

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread