Vodafone £1.5K Roaming Bill / Wrt135 [#11496137]

GuidoT
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3121 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a bill for circa £1.5K which is comprised of roaming charges whilst I was away in Italy.

It is really odd, the bill includes for 9Gb between approximately of data downloaded between 12 and 2 in the morning. I am not even sure such speeds are feasible on a mobile data network.

There is no way I downloaded this, I realise that it could have been an automatic update, but then I looked at the Mobile Data Usage on the Ipad the Current Period Roaming is 7.6Gb and that is everything from the 10 November 2013.

The device is an Ipad.

They have not taken the money yet, I know I can cancel the DD, but I do not want my credit rating shot to pieces by them and they hold all my business numbers so I do not want to be cut off.

I have have used the Social Escalation Hub.

Edited by GuidoT

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

Is there not a folder on your device which lists downloads, file size and date/time ?

Big update or you have been subject to some fiddle ? I wonder whether you have some app which is partly a sc*m i.e some way for crooks to gain payment via update connections charges. I don't know how that would work, but raise possibility, given time of day and file size.

Vodafone should provide all the data info, so this can be looked into.

They do recommend turning off all automatic updates, when away from your own internet connection.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

No such folder, however there is one that tells you the application and download size, but not when downloaded.

I have been on the phone to Apple and they have written to me confirming that no downloads of that size occurred on the day in question.

Vodafone will not provide the details of what was downloaded. They just say pay it is right.

As you can imagine they are impossible to deal with and use the normal big company strategy to deal with you.

No such folder, however there is one that tells you the application and download size, but not when downloaded.

I have been on the phone to Apple and they have written to me confirming that no downloads of that size occurred on the day in question.

Vodafone will not provide the details of what was downloaded. They just say pay it is right.

As you can imagine they are impossible to deal with and use the normal big company strategy to deal with you.

Lee the Vodafone rep should be able to get hold of the data and email you the details.

Sounds a bit iffy to me, given the size of download. I wonder whether it is some malware, but i thought Mac devices were 99% safe from this. You don't want to be paying Vodafone and it eventually ending up in the accounts of crooks.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Interesting. There is a usage cap of £49 (inc VAT) per month on data downloads in Europe which Italy certainly is.

Vodafone will have to explain why your data usage compared to this 9GB is at odds and why they are trying to bill you for this amount.

IF VF do try and take the money, I would use the DD guarantee to get it back. If VF decide to screw with your credit file, they can be dealt with.

Hopefully Lee will be able to stop this happening.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Just thought of something. Could this be your IPad doing some sort of data back up task. So rather than it being a download, it was an upload to whatever storage is used to back up data on your Ipad.

Lee just phoned me, initially reduced to the cap of £50 and then when I said I did not use it all, he wiped it completely.

Did not get to the bottom of the matter in terms of why this occured, but the important thing for me is I do not have to pay it.

I wonder how many people just pay an incorrect roaming charge. Clearly something is wrong.

Thank you here too Lee.

Cool, sorted quickly. This is what we like to see.

I have a feeling his bosses said try to get the £50 out of you but if you challenge it, fold.

I'll let you edit the thread to say resolved :-)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

At least resolved, but would be nice to know what happened, just in case there is an issue that might happen again.