Firstplus Debt transferred to Credit Solutions after Full and final offer made

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3132 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Quick outline of case first.

My girlfriend had a secured second load taken out with Firstplus about 9 years ago in joint names with her and her then husband for his debts (yes she is aware this was not ideal)

they then split not long after.

She has continued to pay this debt with Firstplus.

She then started struggling with the debt £400 per month on top of her Mortgage single parent etc.

Case defaulted, got a CCJ and a reposession order now Suspended re-possesion order or something like that.

She then started to repay and again began struggling with it so First plus then marked it as defaul and passed the debt to Credit Solutions.

They have been tootally unhelpful when she tried to negotiate lower monthly payments stating that this wouldn't even pay the interest and charges so £400 was the minimum she could pay.

So a few weeks ago I got her to ring Credit Solutions to ask for a redemption figure.

The latest statement from them stated the balance to be £5200.

They said they had to go back to First Plus.

We then received a letter from "Eversheds LLP" reason for quotations will become clear.

Panicking she ran Eversheds as the figure in the letter was just over £13000 stating "this includes our charges up to the redemtion date".

So panickinng she rang them (Eversheds) who stated

" we do not hold an account for you relating to First Plus and have not dealt with them in over 3 years.

So confused she rang First Plus who stated yes this included interest and charges from Eversheds

. The reason CS held the balance as £5200 was because the interest and charges had been frozen?? Confusing.

She advised that she had been offered a bit of cash from her father and was wanting to make an offer.

The Firts Plus agent advised to write in explaining her circumstances and with an incomne and expenditure sheeet and this would go before managers.

So we did that, explaining that she has been struggling, detailing stress and problems at home as she has a disabled child too and sent an offer of £3000 for full and final settlement.

we hear nothing for just under 2 weeks when yesterday a letter arrives from First Plus saying following your correspondence the debt has been passed to Credit Solutions?????

And to contact them. your correspondence has been passed to them also

she rang Firstplus stating she had sent a letter offering a full and final settlement as THEy had asked.

The agent said that it looked as if proper process had not been followed, explaining it should have gone to a manager etc.

Again my gf pointed out the Eversheds, Oh yes that will include their charges again she says. To which my gf advised of the call to Eversheds who had nothing to do with it.

The agent than said yes the debt really should not have been handled like this but you will have to contaft CS.

This all sounds to me like they have really messed this up and leaves us open for a complaint.

Also we do not know if they have passed the letter to CS reegarding the F+F Offer.

Does anyone have any advice on what we should do, and if we have decent grounds to get CS to accept the F+F offer?

I also think CS will bounce it back to First Plus.

All very confusing

. Writing this just before leaving work so if it is a little rushed this is why. But we are foaming and just wanting to clear this debt with the £3000 we have sitting waiting for them.

Any advice appreciated.

Many thanks

ERM the debt is subject to a co so why is she paying anything at all?

Sounds to me like she's been cash cowed too

Have you a copy of the ccj and the. Co?

Have you sent everyone involved an sar to get all the statements?

There should be no int or additional charges being added to a ccj/co unless the judgement of the ccj specifically states they can charge them

Sorry but Eversheds and c's are the biggest fleecers out there

I think you've been had blind

You also need to stop conversing on the phone

You need a paper trail

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ERM the debt is subject to a co so why is she paying anything at all?

Sounds to me like she's been cash cowed too

Have you a copy of the ccj and the. Co?

Have you sent everyone involved an sar to get all the statements?

There should be no int or additional charges being added to a ccj/co unless the judgement of the ccj specifically states they can charge them

Sorry but Eversheds and c's are the biggest fleecers out there

I think you've been had blind

You also need to stop conversing on the phone

You need a paper trail

Dx

Apologies not a CCJ but a reposession hearing which now has a suspended repossession order.

My fault.

It's all been very stressful for her but we hope to get a letter from CS soon

so will see what they respond with or whether they ignore the offer if they have even received it from FP.

Col

ok so the repo etc is nowt to do with firstplus/cs/eversheds debt that you want too F&F on?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ok so the repo etc is nowt to do with firstplus/cs/eversheds debt that you want too F&F on?

dx

Yes it was for the second secured loan with firstplus which has now been passed to CS. It's as if FP may think that they would not have much of a case in court to follow up the repo order as the amount that has been paid to date on the original loan and now with all this confusion and what has happenes.

ok so the repo was stopped

did it go to court

what did the judge order be repaid PCM

do you know?

as you say CS are powerless

something not right here or I'm being thick which is pretty std where legal stuff is concerned

and they

ok so the repo was stopped

did it go to court

what did the judge order be repaid PCM

do you know?

as you say CS are powerless

something not right here or I'm being thick which is pretty std where legal stuff is concerned

The CO was to make her pay the monthly payments of almost £400.

She didnt know enough to do a proper income/expenditure work out etc.

That tho was almost 6 years ago.

FP coukd easily go back to court and get the repo.

But i wonder

a. Has she paid too much back now for them to win. And

b. Back to the original post the way it has been handled in the last few weeks seems very suspect to me.

I wrote the letter and accused FP of false representation in using eversheds letter when they arent dealing with it.

Eversheds know nothing about this letter being sent which means they didnt send it but FP did.

Must be illegal that.

Claiming to be a legal firm and stating the settlement fig includes eversheds costs.

So I point this out in the letter after THEY said to write THEM (FP) and all they do is pass this to CS

That cannot be right

So after receiving a latter stating the debt had bene transferred to CS, my gf receives a call today from First Plus asking for Bank Statements and Payslips to make a decision on the offer. What on earth is going on is beyond us. We don't know who we are dealing with and who the debt is with anymore.