• Tweets

• Hi, I bought a car from Citroen dealer 'Robins and Day' on 21/06/2019, it was C4 grand piccasso 2016 with only 4400 miles on the dashboard. The caar started giving trouble every morning showing "gearbox fault, repair needed'. Its only started happening in the morning when weather satrted getting cloder. When I switch on the engine in the morning it is fine but as soon as I start reversing the car  then gearrrbox gets stuck on reverse gear which locks everything, unable to switch on or push the car back to a parking position to keep the road clear. Last thuursday morrning gearbox got stuck while reversing infront of a school, it was verry stressful be causing one mile of traffic.   Got the car recovered by RAC and taken to the dealer, diagonosis was booked for Friday the 18th october 7:30 am but they were not giving me any update until today afternoon that actuator may be broken. They now want to get authorisation from the extended warranty department of their headoffice, said once parts is ordered it will take upto 3 to 4 days.   I am a cab driver and I have already lost 7 days and I assume they are going to take another 5 days, in total around 2 weeks. They are taking too long because I have compait to ther headoffifor ruude and unproffessional service.   Can I claim my loss of earnings against this dealer?   Should I start the process to reject the car now as it is still within 6 months from the date of purchase?   I have been to the same dealer twice for other fault like dashboard touch screen getting stuck , also front and rear window heater geting activated even if I  dont touch the buttons. 2nd issues was car was making noise, they told me it was a bracket broken at the front pannel of the car due to someone hit the car ( it was someone hit the car in the parking lot, and brrren the front ffog light's trim) which they charge 200 ponds for replaciing the bracket, but problems still there.   I will appreciate foryour kind advice. Thanks in advance.      
    • Go on holiday with it Dump the iva (it should be ended by now anyway max duration is 5yrs!!)   Whos it with?? Sounds like youve been had blind!!   Get a list of the debts up Send everyone a CCA request!   Bet 90% you dont even owe
    • Yes no problem remember to do a witness statement for your partner or anyone else that was there if you intend to rely on their evidence or wish them to be able to speak at a hearing  will be posted within the hour cheers
    • Hi DX100uk   Thanks for your message and also that you remembered my issues   I am still in iva but not paid them for 3 months.   After my redundancy in Mar I had to pay them 18.5k and thought I was close to ffs but they advised that due to redundancy payment treated as windfall (lol) they were changing the due amount from 81% to 100%   I did find another job after 6 weeks but am on probation for 6 months but its not going well as I am stressed from iva and new job.   The doctor has signed me off for 2 weeks with anxiety & referred me to a councillor, also written a letter for me to fwd to iva asking they allow me to settle early.   So far my original debts were 74k but proven debt was 61.5k    With my payments to date (including redundancy) I have paid in 54k and my girlfriends family are so worried about me they are offering 11k as gift for ffs   Payplan were going to terminate my iva and said it could well result in bankruptcy ( I have a flat with a mortgage) but equity of about 80k which I am worried they will go after   I spoke to pp today telling them how stressful this all was and it may well be that I don't pass my probation ( I am 59 btw so was lucky to find a job so quickly) Sorry to burden you with all this but I always respect your advice and knowledge, and PP have worried me by going for the 100% and bankruptcy warning   Thanks in advance 
  • Our picks

cleo4patra

EGG credit card PPI claim rejected **WON +£4k**

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1325 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Sent a claim for PPI on EGG credit card : had paperwork as I had sent a SAR request. Statute barred debt £6k.

Reasons given are several and it's their final response. Application was March 2002. They say the CRP policy box was not pre-ticked (online application) They say I was fully informed and it was my decision to take it and it was up to me to decide if suitable for my needs? and that the policy document would have been supplied to me which would have explained everything

many thanks the letter was dated 14th September : received 17th September

Is it worth sending to FOS.

Can't do any harm for the price of the postage. Did you need the ppi, did they advise you could get it elsewhere, were they ask about prior medical conditions. It won't cost you anything but it'll cost them for fos to look at it.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I put all of those reasons in my claim but they just say I had the chance to check for myself etc etc etc.... I will send it . Is there a questionnaire or covering letter many thanks

Can't do any harm for the price of the postage. Did you need the ppi, did they advise you could get it elsewhere, were they ask about prior medical conditions. It won't cost you anything but it'll cost them for fos to look at it.

checked paperwork from SAR and I can't find copy of the online application..... I can't recall if the box was pre - ticked (they say it wasn't) but they haven't sent any evidence to show it was/wasn't. Does anyone know if in March 2002 the PPI box was pre-ticked please?

Yes it was and its a well known issue with the fos

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

sincere thanks : will be sending letter asap!!

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

This is standard Canada Square (Egg) tactics. It is worth going to FOS. I had exactly the same problem, it took 3 years but eventually the FOS supported my claim and made them pay up. Mind you, Canada Square fought, squirmed and wriggled every step of the way. But lots of satisfaction when an Ombudsman forced them to pay.

Go for it.

REMEMBER! Hunger is the enemy - NOT the hungry!

you send everything to the FOS

inc a copy of your FOS CQ you used

spreadsheets 

well, well , well !

As indicated on this thread I sent my complaint to the FOS :

FOS letter received yesterday and they have ruled in my favour!!

The letter says I will be getting an offer from Canada Square Operations that will put me in the position I would be in if I hadn't taken out the policy

and that I should not have been sold the PPI.Hasn't taken long at all

I nearly never bothered but as always CAG is my first port of call.

Let's see what happens : FOS say allow 8 weeks for calculations and then contact Canada Square Operations if I don't hear anything.

It's a substantial amount : incidentally just had a letter from PRA group acknoweding original debt is Statute Barred.

Original debt was sold on with NOA.so they shouldn't try and offset...

... thanks again as always

Edited by cleo4patra
omission

Thanks for the update Cleo. That's great news.

You inspired me to have a crack at claiming from YB too. I tried to get info in 2006/7 but couldn't get info from them but they hadn't been fined then so I'm hoping they'll try harder now. I've got some info but not everything so if push comes to shove I'll give them the limited info I have. They're well past the time they should have responded but say they'll be in touch by 29th Feb. We'll see.

In the meantime congratulations and have a great Christmas. :)

What's Best for You?

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

no problem :

good luck with it :

I didn't have all the info either but neither did YB :

hence them going back to the beginning for calculations.

It was life changing money for me.

This is what I love and respect about CAG :

to encourage others and help if you can.

I can honestly say it's helped me to change the way I think about it all and not panic.

The EGG was the last of everything for me but I want to still contribute to CAG

Happy Christmas to you all and a happy 2016

hey great win

glad to help

dx

spreadsheets 

tried to call Canada Square Operations yesterday :

I know it will be more than eight weeks before they contact me ,

just wanted to confirm everything...

well I spoke to a "Supersnotty" young lady who wouldn't take my name or reference number,

refused to speak further and just referred me back to my FOS adjudicator.

She said even after eight weeks passes she still won't speak with me

and would refer me back to the FOS (however the FOS in their letter say if I don't get anything after eight weeks to contact Canada Square directly!! )

Definitely last in the courtesy/manners queue.

I reported her to the FOS (who I have to say have been very courteous and helpful)

they rang Canada Square on my behalf and confirmed that they are dealing with my case

and will be sending an offer in due course.

hey great win

glad to help

dx

Still taking their own sweet time despite fos intervention. They seem to think the usual rules don't apply to them!!!

Why should it take another 8 weeks? Haven't the calcs been done?

What's Best for You?

apparently not : in the FOS letter they say to allow 8 weeks for the calculations : its only been 3 weeks so lets see. The important thing is I never nearly bothered but like you say for the price of a stamp...... If I don't hear anything by the end of the 8 weeks I'm getting straight back to the FOS kind regards

Still taking their own sweet time despite fos intervention. They seem to think the usual rules don't apply to them!!!

Why should it take another 8 weeks? Haven't the calcs been done?

Same here from Egg on a loan and credit card. So back to the FOS

LilythePink

If you liked what I said, and if it helped in any way, please tip my scales..... thank you:)

do you mean they've ruled in your favour and you're still waiting for your offer more than 8 weeks, or they've rejected your claim and now with the FOS?

Same here from Egg on a loan and credit card. So back to the FOS

response from FOS to wait until 24th February : if offer not received by then they will chase them up.for me

You'd think they'd had long enough but I guess that's not too far off.

What's Best for You?

still nothing .. will be onto the FOS tomorrow!

You'd think they'd had long enough but I guess that's not too far off.

spoke to FOS today : they rang Canada Square whilst I was on hold. Advised should have the offer by the end of the week, if it doesn't materialise FOS said to ring them back middle of next week......

letter received today

: Full and final settlement offered of £4300.

This ties in well with the amount claimed .

Will receive a cheque within 30 working days!!!!!!

As posted previously on my thread

I nearly never bothered to go to FOS after receiving Canada Square's final response.

The FOS have been a great help and as always this site.

Many thanks (Donation on way once the cheque arrives)

spoke to FOS today : they rang Canada Square whilst I was on hold. Advised should have the offer by the end of the week, if it doesn't materialise FOS said to ring them back middle of next week......