Inter-Credit International South Staffs Water?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3125 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My OH has recently been contacted by these clowns regarding a water rates debt from 2003. There is nothing on her credit file relating to this and it is quite obviously over 6 years old. No contact has been made before now and no acknowledgement or payment has been made.

Question is, will a standard statute barred letter be sufficient for this or not? Of course, being SSW they will have taken the matter to court back then and obtained a judgement but can they claim that it isn't statute barred because of an old CCJ?

Any advice appreciated as these type of things really do stress her out.

Even with a CCJ they only have 6 years from the judgement date to enforce the debt. They can ask court for more time, but is not normally given.

Inter-credit international i think are at the very bottom of bottom feeders. A signal that there is little chance of getting payment for such an old debt.

Ignore them and they will probably give up. If they don't send them a letter stating the matter is statute barred and no communications will be entered into.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Latest letter is threatening legal action if we don't respond within 7 days from the date of the letter. I know this is just scare tactics as the debt is so old but it really does freak the missus out.

She is constantly thinking they are going to turn up on the doorstep or something.

Oh thanks for the reply BTW.

May take legal action is standard, even though they know they can't.

If it makes her happier, send the statute barred letter.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

phishing letter trying to find a mug.

intercredit are extremely low life

ignore them

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

intercredit are extremely low life

Is there a DCA that isn't????

Worst thing about it is I am wondering where they have got their figures from.

The property we were living at back then was a small rented flat so the water rates were not exactly high

and we only lived there for 2 years but they are demanding over £900!!

wel just remember a water bill is just like a credit card debt

its not subject to back biling etc

but is also not subject to the things that gas/electric can do to you.

so inter have it as its just a std 'debt'

and they think as these DCA's always do, that sa its a supposed 'util bill' it gives them extra powers..

well as you know it don't!

pers I'd ignore them totally.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Just received the statutory, "Despite previous reminders this account remains seriously overdue" letter.

It goes on to state that they may inform their client to issue proceedings against me and if a judgement is awarded it could seriously harm our ability to obtain credit for up to 6 years. They also state that if defaulted they can apply for a warrant of execution.

I know it's just scare tactics because as it is SSW they would have obtained a judgement for the debt within a couple of months of defaulted payments. (Been there, done that)

Are they overstepping the mark at all yet, or are these tactics allowed? I'm just waiting for them to step out of line, then I can have some fun with them.

Standard letter. You could send the statute barred letter and see if they respond.

Pushy sods aren't they this Inter credit place.

Latest letter below.

PRE ACTION NOTICE

RE SOUTH STAFFS WATER

Dear Mrs sturose

I note that despite previous reminders the above outstanding balance remains seriously overdue for payment.

If payment is not received within 7 days from the date of this letter, we may recommend our client to issue proceedings against you.

We would like to mention 2 further points.

If our client chooses to proceed with this action and a judgement is awarded and registered against you, the judgement will remain on your credit profile for a maximum of six years which may affect your ability to obtain credit in the future.

In the event of a default on the judgement order our client may apply for a warrant of execution. This would enable recovery action by a court bailiff who could attend your property to recover the amount outstanding or goods to the value of the amount claimed.

Should you wish to avoid the potential of additional costs and the further consequences of legal action, it is essential you contact the above number to confirm your intention to pay.

Blahblahblah (Office opening time etc)

Yours sincerely

K King

Now I suggested that I send the statute barred letter but she seems to believe that this will in some way admit something. Cannot convince her otherwise.

I assume that continuing to ignore these parasites will suffice and they will eventually get tired of making empty threats?

Ignore

They don't own the debt

Can do nothing

Dx

and they

Ok thanks,

she just keeps getting frustrated whenever a letter from them pops through the door and it frustrates me that she won't allow me to toy with them a bit.

Her name on the letter, her rules though!:!: