Demand for preferential payment

Pauldebts
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3135 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recently been contact by a company appointed by a trustee in bankruptcy demanding a payment of £26000 that i received in the time leading upto to an individuals bankruptcy, (preferential payment) it is personal and a none company debt. I intend to dispute the debt on the ground there was no desire to prefer.

My questions are-

1. If they do not accept my dispute and say they are in the right but i feel i have proven otherwise, what would they beable to do if i continue to dispute?

2. Do they have to get a court to rule that i owe the debt? Is this a ccj or is it a different judgement where i can avoid a ccj.

3. I basically can pay them if required through loaning the money myself but obviously this is not what i would prefer to do. I basically want to take the matter as far as possible to fight without damaging my credit file as i am looking to buy a house shortly with my wife and kids.

Any advice would be great thanks for the help in advance and hi to everyone because this is my first post on a forum im a noob!

Cheers

Paul