Been Signed Off By A Doctor

OldUserNewName
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3134 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

A new week and a completely different problem but another battle with my Jobcentre.

Last Friday I was signed off by my doctor for 4 weeks with anxiety. Things came to a head when I actually hid under the table in my living room because my advisor had called and was leaving me a message. The sound of their voice sent me into a complete panic, shaking, crying and nothing was calming me down. My doctor has signed me off as well as referring me for counselling and I have been perscribed anti-depressants. He made it clear it would be a couple of months before he would even consider saying I was fit for work again.

On Monday my friend took the doctors note into the Jobcentre as the doctor said I was to not do anything that makes me anxious. She was told that if I want to have the extended period of sickness and stay on JSA then I would need to go in and be interviewed by my advisor and they would decide whether they would accept my sickness. My friend tried to explain that the Jobcentre and my advisor were part of the reason for my anxiety (I do have other things going on which make it worse as well) and she was todl I would need to be interviewed by the manager then, again another part of my anxiety after my one meeting with them when they reduced me to a crying wreck.

Does anyone know if its true that I need to have an interview or are they making things difficult?

My friend suggested claiming ESA but I have read this form needs to be taken to the Jobcentre and you again have to see your advisor for it to be processed.

I am expected to be sanctioned, I was due to start MWA on Monday bit didn't attend. My friend rang them and they were told only the Jobcentre could stop it. So I am just waiting for the letter and the prospect of no money for 13 weeks despite being ill.

All of this is making my anxiety worse.

My college course has been put on hold until I am on a bit more of an even keel and then there will be a discussion about where to go from here.

Can anyone offer any advice on the sick note issue and what to do.

Thanks

I am no expert on JSA, but the above sounds like someone is doing all they can to get you into the job centre.

Claim ESA over the phone. Whilst awaiting your assessment, you have no obligation to attend the job centre or work programme.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Once you have claimed for ESA on the phone where they will will ask you about your illness they will then send out a

form for you to fill in.

As RMW has pointed out once you have made the call you will be on the assessment phase and will receive payments

equivalent to what JSA payments are.

I believe that the assessment phase is a period of 13 weeks where upon you will receive a decision as to whether your

claim for ESA was successful .

Regards

I believe that the assessment phase is a period of 13 weeks where upon you will receive a decision as to whether your

claim for ESA was successful .

Regards

A decision about whether someone is or is not fit for work cannot be made until they have been through a work capability assessment, usually including a face-to-face assessment with a health professional, and the waiting time for which is unlikely to be less than 13 weeks.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Just helped a friend get off JSA and on to ESA with no assessment or face to face meeting, he has been placed in the support group.

I also never had a face to face meeting or assessment when I was awarded ESA 5 years ago, maybe the medical documentation supplied

when returning the form was enough to award me and my friend ESA.

Regards

I am on ESA now after JSA

Make the claim for ESA on line. They will ask you to send in the doctors note to the ESA Department.

Your claim for JSA will be closed down and you will be on ESA until you are assessed by ATOS whoever

Take my advice, do it now or after your next payment date for JSA if payment date close.

The DWP are bullies and do not care what illness you have. They are looking for any excuse to sanction

On Monday my friend took the doctors note into the Jobcentre as the doctor said I was to not do anything that makes me anxious. She was told that if I want to have the extended period of sickness and stay on JSA then I would need to go in and be interviewed by my advisor and they would decide whether they would accept my sickness.

:shock: Really and since when have work coaches at JC+ been qualified HCP's ? Are they for real, IBS's programming has corrupted their memory chips are they droids now at JCP